We have 6786 registered users
The newest registered user is wongLH

Our users have posted a total of 107236 articles within 14027 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 266 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 266 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
In order to create a safe trading heaven for our members, our ‘Buy, Sell & Trade’ forum, we have created new rules and guidelines and will be managed closely by our group of moderators.
Violation of any of these rules will result your membership being suspended or revoked. Posting will be deleted without notice.

You will be required to have at least 50 posts (equivalent to ‘member’ rank) in order to create posting (advertisement) in ‘Buy, Sell & Trade’ forum. – Please refer to the forum rank for more information.

Please be reminded this forum is meant for our individual member to off load or trade their personal equipment.

For business entities or individual who would like to sell and conduct their business here, please do send a ‘pm’ to our Site Admin, gbrian.

The new Rules & Guideline will take effect immediately.

Buy, Sell & Trade : Posting Requirements (either one requirement need to be fulfilled)

1. Minimum of 50 posts before allowed to post in 'Buy, Sell & Trade', or

2. Minimum 1 year membership.

Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines

1. Noncompliant Offer Posts Removed : To avoid confusion, not adhering to these rules and guidelines are subjected to removal by MyGolf Committee.

2. The title of a thread in the Buy, Sales & Trade shall indicate the poster's intent to buy, sell or trade. For example;
WTB (want to buy)
WTS (want to sell)
WTT (want to trade)
Free (to give the item away, FREE)

3. Please provide ORIGINAL clear pictures of the items you are selling or trading (not picture taken from some advertisements - No EBay pictures allowed). Post without pictures will be removed without notice.

4. All items must have a sale price.

5. Please state if item is 'New' or 'Second Hand'. All item(s) must be in your possession when listed.
- 'New' means the golf club or item has never been hit or used before at all. Anything else is considered second hand.

6. No selling of fake / counterfeit items. Postings will be removed without notice. If you cannot verify the authenticity of your item, do not list your item.

7. NO 'BUMPING' OF THREADS. Unless, price revise or additional goodies with purchase.

8. Only golf-related items are to be for sale. All other sales will be locked and deleted without notice.

9. Please refrain from chatting in people's sale thread. Postings not related to sale will be deleted.

10. No negative comment on sellers price. Willing seller willing buyer basis.

11. Suggested Format to use
The following standard format is suggested for items offered for sale. Just copy and paste into new thread, then fill it out like a form.

1) Item for Sale :
2) New or second hand :
3) Selling / Asking Price:
4) Item Description:
5) Item Condition: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best
6) Return Policy Applicable/Not Applicable (Terms & Conditions):
7) Shipping Information: self collect or ????
8) Special Note:

12. Once a sale is completed or withdrawn, the seller is encouraged to use the Edit/Modify feature to change the title of the original post to indicate the completed status. For example, by adding "SOLD". Please post or PM moderators when item(s)are sold. Thread will be locked.

13. MyGolf shall neither be responsible nor liable to anyone for their use of the Marketplace and therefore, all users are encouraged to exercise their own discretion when buying or selling items here. Items listed here are advertised for private sale and the committee of MyGolf Forum cannot take any responsibility for the goods or the transaction as it is a contract between two private parties

14. All buyers and sellers who use the Marketplace are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions above in their use thereof. Failure to comply with instructions may result in deletion of your thread.

Yours sincerely,
Marketplace Moderator

Last edited by gbrian on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
botak

MYGOLF
Like!!!
Sponsor
IGT

MYGOLF
Super like!

MYGOLF
i noticed that some sellers will remove the advertised price once sold. I like to look back at old sales to get a feel for pricing. I remember being able to check old transaction prices on ebay. I think it makes for more transparent and efficient pricing Twisted Evil

Can we consider the merits of retaining that piece of information? Just a suggestion ...
ST

MYGOLF
good... Very Happy
Sponsor
alaba

MYGOLF
LIKE.........
fareed
Don Committee (2011)

MYGOLF
Bravo Very Happy Very Happy

MYGOLF
Fully support. Cool
Re: Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)
okwoon

MYGOLF
gbrian wrote:
In order to create a safe trading heaven for our members, our ‘Buy, Sell & Trade’ forum, we have created new rules and guidelines and will be managed closely by our group of moderators.
Violation of any of these rules will result your membership being suspended or revoked. Posting will be deleted without notice.

You will be required to have at least 50 posts (equivalent to ‘member’ rank) in order to create posting (advertisement) in ‘Buy, Sell & Trade’ forum. – Please refer to the forum rank for more information.

Please be reminded this forum is meant for our individual member to off load or trade their personal equipment.

For business entities or individual who would like to sell and conduct their business here, please do send a ‘pm’ to our Site Admin, gbrian.

1. Noncompliant Offer Posts Removed : To avoid confusion, not adhering to these rules and guidelines are subjected to removal by MyGolf Committee.

2. The title of a thread in the Buy, Sales & Trade shall indicate the poster's intent to buy, sell or trade. For example;
WTB (want to buy)
WTS (want to sell)
WTT (want to trade)

3. Please provide ORIGINAL clear pictures of the items you are selling or trading (not picture taken from some advertisements - No EBay pictures allowed). Post without pictures will be removed without notice.

5. Please state if item is 'New' or 'Second Hand'. All item(s) must be in your possession when listed.
- 'New' means the golf club or item has never been hit or used before at all. Anything else is considered second hand.

6. No selling of fake / counterfeit items. Postings will be removed without notice. If you cannot verify the authenticity of your item, do not list your item.

7. NO 'BUMPING' OF THREADS. Unless, price revise or additional goodies with purchase.

8. Only golf-related items are to be for sale. All other sales will be locked and deleted without notice.

9. Please refrain from chatting in people's sale thread. Postings not related to sale will be deleted.

The following standard format is suggested for items offered for sale. Just copy and paste into new thread, then fill it out like a form.

1) Item for Sale :
2) New or second hand :
4) Item Description:
Cool Special Note:

12. Once a sale is completed or withdrawn, the seller is encouraged to use the Edit/Modify feature to change the title of the original post to indicate the completed status. For example, by adding "SOLD". Please post or PM moderators when item(s)are sold. Thread will be locked.

13. MyGolf shall neither be responsible nor liable to anyone for their use of the Marketplace and therefore, all users are encouraged to exercise their own discretion when buying or selling items here. Items listed here are advertised for private sale and the committee of MyGolf Forum cannot take any responsibility for the goods or the transaction as it is a contract between two private parties

14. All buyers and sellers who use the Marketplace are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions above in their use thereof. Failure to comply with instructions may result in deletion of your thread.

Your sincerely,
Marketplace Moderator

It is good to have CLEAR Rules to regulate the market place, It is especially important to weed out attempt on dubious dealings.

Please allow me to comment below just on Rule 8 as underlined above:

1. The above Rule 8 on BST allows only golf-related items to be posted. What is the definition of a "golf related item"?
If the Rule is to be clear to all, then the key terms used in it must also be clearly defined to remove ambiguity as much as possible. If we were to read the R&A Golf Rules, all key terms are properly defined.

Do you consider a water bottle or a towel as golf related? What about some amulets supposedly to give one the powers to outdrive his opponent? What about fishing rods?

2. Before the new Rules were introduced,

a. the brief description below BST section in the Forum page gives directions as follows:
"Looking for or selling something? You can even barter trade your old shoes. Post it here and get the deal done."
Literal reading of the "something" must suggest that it covers anything and everything. Of course, civility and common sense must dictate that it must also be something legal and non offensive.

b. So if a guy had some fish to sell under BST then, what WAS so wrong with that? Another guy might just be looking for it! so we have a happy couple matched!

3. With the new Rule 8 enforced, and unless a new section for dealing in non golf related items is added,

a. we'll deal with golf equipments only henceforth. Maybe we also need to update the short description of BST as hjghlighted in point 2a above.

b. We can also discuss about cars, PDAs and IT Gadgets in the other Forum sections as provided.

c. We have nowhere else here to sell water bottle though golfers are encouraged to drink plenty of water during the game. We are supposed to use a towel and not the Tshirt to wipe our sweats. forget the amulet. We have to sell our fishing rods to non mygolfers though we know some golfers go fishing like TW.

Finally, lest anyone think that i am trying to be a nuisance here, rest assured that i am not. I care. Therefore i am pounding for an hour on my rickety handphone to put forth my sincere thots on the matter.
Re: Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
okwoon wrote:
gbrian wrote:

WTB (want to buy)
WTS (want to sell)
WTT (want to trade)

1) Item for Sale :
2) New or second hand :
4) Item Description:
Cool Special Note:

Your sincerely,
Marketplace Moderator

It is good to have CLEAR Rules to regulate the market place, It is especially important to weed out attempt on dubious dealings.

Please allow me to comment below just on Rule 8 as underlined above:

1. The above Rule 8 on BST allows only golf-related items to be posted. What is the definition of a "golf related item"?
If the Rule is to be clear to all, then the key terms used in it must also be clearly defined to remove ambiguity as much as possible. If we were to read the R&A Golf Rules, all key terms are properly defined.

Do you consider a water bottle or a towel as golf related? What about some amulets supposedly to give one the powers to outdrive his opponent? What about fishing rods?

2. Before the new Rules were introduced,

a. the brief description below BST section in the Forum page gives directions as follows:
"Looking for or selling something? You can even barter trade your old shoes. Post it here and get the deal done."
Literal reading of the "something" must suggest that it covers anything and everything. Of course, civility and common sense must dictate that it must also be something legal and non offensive.

b. So if a guy had some fish to sell under BST then, what WAS so wrong with that? Another guy might just be looking for it! so we have a happy couple matched!

3. With the new Rule 8 enforced, and unless a new section for dealing in non golf related items is added,

a. we'll deal with golf equipments only henceforth. Maybe we also need to update the short description of BST as hjghlighted in point 2a above.

b. We can also discuss about cars, PDAs and IT Gadgets in the other Forum sections as provided.

c. We have nowhere else here to sell water bottle though golfers are encouraged to drink plenty of water during the game. We are supposed to use a towel and not the Tshirt to wipe our sweats. forget the amulet. We have to sell our fishing rods to non mygolfers though we know some golfers go fishing like TW.

Finally, lest anyone think that i am trying to be a nuisance here, rest assured that i am not. I care. Therefore i am pounding for an hour on my rickety handphone to put forth my sincere thots on the matter.

hi okwoon,
thanks for highlighting. This prove that our member does read and do care about what's happening.
I'm glad.

To answer your question, 2(a). yes, it's only golf related product, be it energy bracelet, golf towel, or even, a belt (golfers does need belt).
Fishing rod? nope. Even though some famous shaft manufacturer did produce fishing rod (yes, it is true), unless you are telling me that you can fit a fishing rod into your club and play (just kidding).
As you said, let's have some civility and common sense.

And yes, I did overlooked the description under 'Buy, Sell & Trade' forum and did not change it in time.
For that, my apology.

And yes with regards to your point 3(b). You can even sell your car, under specific forum, 'Automobile Talks' as of now.

Once again, thanks for highlighting the BST description.

Cheers!
Brian.

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Sponsor
klchong9357

MYGOLF
Need 50 posts only can use BST function?

Brian, I'm not active in posting, how do I know am I qualify to use the BST?

Hybrids: Mizunu H4
Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ (5-P)
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 AW SW LW
Putter: Cleveland Classic
klchong9357

MYGOLF
Hi, Brian, OK. See my posting quantity and my member status after I post. Can I suggest that the member status and posting quantity show in the profile?

Slicer51

MYGOLF
klchong99 wrote:
Need 50 posts only can use BST function?

Brian, I'm not active in posting, how do I know am I qualify to use the BST?

Bro, no problem. You only need 8 more posts and you will turn to be in the member rank. I can see that you are one of the best member/user of this forum and not those that in my list, that joined this forum and start selling from the 1st day until now.

I am very doubtful that someone had so much personal old and new golf stuffs to sell. Obviously, it is one of their business.

We are not trying to be difficult for all member here but this is suppose to be a golf forum, when we make golf friends, get to know new golf kaki, arrange game, learn from each other, what new in the market ... etc. So much to talk about BUT what happened, when you open the main page. It is all WTS threads from top to bottom by some and same business guy. Isn't painful ?

Those whom know me, knew that I like to buy new or old golf stuff too. Selling personal golf stuff I can understand as I do the same too but I doubt I can sell every month though.

Stay with us and support us. We can also talk about everything not only golf. Like my golf pal Ivan posting about fish, where got good foods .. etc. This also contribute to this forum and keep it alive.

So, one ask our self. What we have contribute ? Some do not even talk "Fish" still complain.

We just to make this forum a better place for every member. We need people like you.

The Most Important Shot in Golf Is This One
"Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you"

PLS READ THIS 1st before posting in BST thread.
http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9798&start=0
boyak77
Junior Writer

MYGOLF
Totally like the new rules and regs!!

Hybrid : Titleist 910H 21 deg Diamana Kaili 85g Regular
Irons : Titleist AP2 710 with Project X 5.5 Steel Shaft
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52-08 and SM4 56-14
Putter : Odyssey White Hot Tour #7
klchong9357

MYGOLF
Dear Slicer51,

Thanks for your comments. Hope you enjoy your new role. Very Happy

Sponsor
Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)