We have 6902 registered users
The newest registered user is EdgarProox

Our users have posted a total of 107351 articles within 14090 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 460 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 460 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 2141 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Reply to topic Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
kerawit

MYGOLF
wow WTS is getting better..

I want to click like button..

For Me , this rule is OK .

Mygolf Boleh..
View user's profileFind all posts by kerawitSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Denmeister

MYGOLF
HHCC wrote:
How do one attached photos to WTS thread.

TIA.

Hi HHCC,
Please take a look at the "attaching pics to WTS/WTT" thread.
If you still can't post the pics, please post your concerns in that thread. I will respond there.
Sponsor
Slicer51

MYGOLF
HHCC wrote:

TIA.

Bro, I do not think you need to know now as you have not enough posts to use the BST thread. Please read the BST 1st. Thanks

The Most Important Shot in Golf Is This One
"Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you"

PLS READ THIS 1st before posting in BST thread.
http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9798&start=0
Denmeister

MYGOLF
Slicer51 wrote:
HHCC wrote:

TIA.

Bro, I do not think you need to know now as you have not enough posts to use the BST thread. Please read the BST 1st. Thanks

Bro Slicer51,
HHCC can still learn to post pics. He may want to post pics in other threads, and not necessarily WTS threads as of now.

Maybe he can post some juicy pics of beautiful sexy caddies from some of his golfing trips? Now wouldn't that be nice of him to do that.

You know..... caring is sharing.....
Slicer51

MYGOLF
DenMeister wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
HHCC wrote:

TIA.

Bro Slicer51,
HHCC can still learn to post pics. He may want to post pics in other threads, and not necessarily WTS threads as of now.

Maybe he can post some juicy pics of beautiful sexy caddies from some of his golfing trips? Now wouldn't that be nice of him to do that.

You know..... caring is sharing.....

Agreed bro DenMeister,

I am looking forward for those sexy pictures too Laughing Laughing I am just concern that when he asked " How do one attached photos to WTS thread " Another those that ignore and do not read the rule and post in BST thread ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Most Important Shot in Golf Is This One
"Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you"

PLS READ THIS 1st before posting in BST thread.
http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9798&start=0
Sponsor
pewfy

MYGOLF
i only have 7 posts now, it is not allowed to post here....Sad i am active in this forum, but i seldom reply something
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
pewfy wrote:
i only have 7 posts now, it is not allowed to post here....Sad i am active in this forum, but i seldom reply something
We are sorry, but there are reasons why we came up with the rules.
Please do participate in exchanging ideas or input in the forum.
In no time you will reach the 'member' rank level.
However, please refrain yourself from just replying other thread by just inserting a smiley in order to bring up your post.
Hope for your understanding.

Thanks.
Brian.
Site Admin.

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Circle13

MYGOLF
like!
khairul203

MYGOLF
ok, i have to start posting rite now

Wedges: Nike VR Pro - 54.0* & 60.0*
Putter: Wilson Staff Black 8881
Jajazz

MYGOLF
Hi moderators...

i'd like to give a bit of opinion regarding your stringent and rigid rules for the BST thread. I have been actively reading and looking for new items to buy for the past 2 yrs. but i am not as active in posting as i simply do not have anything productive to say. I'd like to know what is your objective in having this thread. it seems to me that is only for "active" members. Since only the the "active in posting" ppl are allowed to post their stuff. Then i suggest u make it exclusively for members, be it for purchasing or selling. Honestly, its frustrating for ppl like me who hv hv been members since 2 yrs ago or so, actively viewing but just coz my posts dont exceed 50 i dont hv the privilege to sell my stuff. By doing this u r encouraging ppl saying non-sensical things just to pass d quota. what positives can u get out of that?

my question to u, r u trying to popularize this thread OR making it in more exclusive? Or in other words, attract ppl or repel ppl? Bcoz honestly, I am kinda gutted by this 'treatment'. I know a lot of ppl log in to mygolf just to check out the d BST thread. And if they see anythin they like, they just take the no and call them directly without having to waste time posting just to ask the details of the item. Ppl wanna seal quick deals. U guys must have ur own reasons for this stringent n rigid rules. But wutever the reasons are, u are making ur thread more n more unpopular by the day and ppl hv seek other avenues to sell their items.
Sponsor
freedrop

MYGOLF
Jajazz wrote:
Hi moderators...

i'd like to give a bit of opinion regarding your stringent and rigid rules for the BST thread. I have been actively reading and looking for new items to buy for the past 2 yrs. but i am not as active in posting as i simply do not have anything productive to say. I'd like to know what is your objective in having this thread. it seems to me that is only for "active" members. Since only the the "active in posting" ppl are allowed to post their stuff. Then i suggest u make it exclusively for members, be it for purchasing or selling. Honestly, its frustrating for ppl like me who hv hv been members since 2 yrs ago or so, actively viewing but just coz my posts dont exceed 50 i dont hv the privilege to sell my stuff. By doing this u r encouraging ppl saying non-sensical things just to pass d quota. what positives can u get out of that?

my question to u, r u trying to popularize this thread OR making it in more exclusive? Or in other words, attract ppl or repel ppl? Bcoz honestly, I am kinda gutted by this 'treatment'. I know a lot of ppl log in to mygolf just to check out the d BST thread. And if they see anythin they like, they just take the no and call them directly without having to waste time posting just to ask the details of the item. Ppl wanna seal quick deals. U guys must have ur own reasons for this stringent n rigid rules. But wutever the reasons are, u are making ur thread more n more unpopular by the day and ppl hv seek other avenues to sell their items.

Not sure what your issue is. If as you say, ppl hv other avenues to sell their items, then why are they coming back here to beg for this channel to sell their stuffs?

On the other hand, I do appreciate your point that there are many ppl who are passive but genuinely keen members who regularly read the posts, but are not replying/commenting as often. If they have nothing to say, better say nothing than saying offensive things.

Perhaps after a significant number of log-ons and stay-on, they should be allowed to post their sales here. Perhaps Mods can look into establishing/modifying thess conditions.
geraldsaw

MYGOLF
i quite agree that the B S & T thread is one of the most interesting in this forum. all of us definitely have equipment to clear otherwise we cannot upgrade. but as this is a community forum, active members should be given preference, otherwise we cannot grow the forum. active members are definitely preffered over inactive or passive members. having said that, rules can be changed to be less strigent - require a minimun of 30 posts or membership in this forum of at least 12 months.. what say u guys n gals?
freedrop

MYGOLF
Sure, active members should get priority. But we must also remember that not everyone is outspoken, it's simply human nature, some of us are quieter than others and it is not a crime. I'm sure if the passive ones have something they really want to voice out, they will do so.

By excluding these people, we are also not doing ourselves a service. May be they have something to sell that fits our needs, and vice versa. We are limiting the pools of successful deals.

I see no reason why I should not snatch a good deal from a passive member. If it's a genuinely good deal, I don't care if it's from a passive member.
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
Dear Jajazz, geraldsaw & freedrop,
Thanks for your input.
We will look into it.

regards,
Brian

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Denmeister

MYGOLF
Here is my response to a fellow forummer who pm'ed me a greeting and we started discussing about how a lively forum made us feel.

In it, we mentioned that we seldom see a once very active member, Lee3628, who now occasionally posts about his swing development, equipment changes etc. He is the only member that has amassed more than 100+ pages of his newbie intro post.

Just to stress, these are MY comments and I sound very blunt in some of them. I mean what I say. Flame me for all I care.

"Lee is still very passionate about the game. He hits 300 to 500 balls daily at the range. He is more of a perfectionist and loves to tinker with his swing. He ranges more than he plays.

And in mygolf, he doesn't get response from his posts So also cooled off quite a bit.

I played a few games with him before. We do communicate via email about golf stuff once a while.

As for myself, I am not deskbound for my line of work and do not like to type on the phone too much as it can be quite irritating to scroll. But when I get home, I will be too tired to turn on the laptop. So when you see me contributing in a few posts all of a sudden, I am on my laptop. Hahhhha!

The recent comments in the buy sell rules. I do want to contribute. Soon. However, I am quite disappointed with gbrian's response, he should stick to his decision and tell them why the rules are So stringent. We are here as free members to share our passion for golf. Passion cannot be shared by keeping quiet.

When a passionate member like Lee shares his thoughts, we can make the fire burn brighter by contributing our written thoughts. The comments can be in agreement or not, as it will allow an exchange of viewpoints. I believe that differences in opinion makes the world better.

The buy/sell section is supposed to be a value add to the forum, not the main section. It is provided for free and members are given the PRIVILEGE of using it in exchange of their contribution to the forum in terms of their SHARING of their thoughts in writing.

I am a moderator. I know it is a thankless task when I took it up. I enforce the rules in my no nonsense approach. Rules are there. When it is broken, I deal with it.

Anyone wants to acquire this PRIVILEGE, you jolly well contribute. If not, go to other sites concentrating on pure buying and selling, and be prepared to pay a subscription fee.

This site has become a little more livelier with more discussions on the game rather than pure buying n selling. It was not the main intent of the site to be a wts / Wtb in the first place.

Unless gbrian tells me that I am wrong, I will continue to stick to this premise.

If he tells me that I am wrong, then I apologize, resign as moderator, and find another forum which shares my belief in golf discussions and not just buy/sell."

end of my message to the fellow forummer.

To add, there is also this issue of members just posting one liners in order to amass the 50 post requirement.

Can I, or you control the words that come out from someone's mouth? Can we sit by the side of the person when he is typing his comments on the keyboard?

When a person posts his views, and does so consistently, we as the viewers, will know his intent of his posts. We form our opinions on this sort of person.

"oh, here's another one trying to amass the 50 posts in order to sell something."

"Hey, this guy is funny! Always makes funny and interesting comments, I think I should get to know him better and play golf with him."

"What a dumbass comment, but come to think about it, he does makes some sense...."

It is up to us to decide what we want to write, depending on our agenda.....
Others have no control over what I want to do.

So guys, live with that.

I was the one who made a big hooha about the quality of mygolf's WTS threads. There were no pics of the sale item, no price, just, " I have a cobra s2 driver for sale, call me if interested."

WTF! Want to sell something also don't know how to do it properly. I voiced out how irritated I am over this and gbrian worked with the moderators to come up with the rules. He invited me to join the moderating team and since I am the one who started the fire, I felt that I have the duty to keep it burning too.

Again, I reiterate, this role is a thankless role. I know that I will get a lot of negative perceptions from other members. However, I am up for it as I feel that certain standards must be maintained and the person maintaining such standards will not be viewed very positively.

gbrian has done a tremendous job creating the mygolf forum, he has also been working tirelessly to get in advertisements from golf related companies. Look at the number of sponsors he has found for the March mygolf game!!!!! He has limited the number of participants so that everyone are ensured a gift to go home with. It takes a lot of effort on his part to do all of this. And all he wants is your participation.

YOUR PARTICIPATION is your contribution of your thoughts and views in this forum! Make this place lively and drive the traffic up!
Sponsor
Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)