We have 6896 registered users
The newest registered user is Laurelsib

Our users have posted a total of 107345 articles within 14086 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 461 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 461 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AureonX

MYGOLF
So sad.... I am not a blogger but I visit this forum regularly. Idea is look at what is going on now and future for any good stuffs. I have not trade anything so far but I like the idea of some guys who are kind enough to let go some stuffs, ie vouchers or some extra stuffs to be given away or to sell at willing buyer willing seller kind of things.

Seriously, what is wrong? I remember I did ask the administrator before. Who own this site? I was told it is only a golf enthusiasts community.

Hopefully I can be more active.
Regards.

Not a blogger.
Slicer

MYGOLF
Kudos for the new rules...
Sponsor
AureonX

MYGOLF
Just don't understand!!!!!
okwoon

MYGOLF
AureonX wrote:
Just don't understand!!!!!

In the wise words of Nike, just do it!
AccidentalGolfer

MYGOLF
AureonX,

The new rules will not impede any myGolfer's 'shopping' experience here. It is housekeeping in nature. For example, Requirement of pixs is to make it easier for everyone to decide on their next course of action. Thus, an enhancement.

Keep visiting us and do ask and if there's any confusion. We aim to make MyGolf a fun and safe place.

AureonX

MYGOLF
Oops... There are 4966 registered users and only 29 members online. I hope it is wise thing and I wish to stop here.

Thank you and good bye.
KZG2001

MYGOLF
AccidentalGolfer wrote:
AureonX,

The new rules will not impede any myGolfer's 'shopping' experience here. It is housekeeping in nature. For example, Requirement of pixs is to make it easier for everyone to decide on their next course of action. Thus, an enhancement.

Keep visiting us and do ask and if there's any confusion. We aim to make MyGolf a fun and safe place.

I don't understand either. The forum was chugging along with no issues.

If a seller doesn't want to post pics or prices, then just ignore him. Such sellers are dodgy anyway. When there is no response, he'll post pics or go away. no loss either way.

Are we so desperate to buy stuff, that we have to force people to post stuff. that only results in people becoming forum nazis. Twisted Evil

If we look back, people were selling phones and other stuff. There were no problems as some members gained from getting a good deal....which is the whole point of a community based forum. And that was the best thing about mygolf: a civil community with responsible adults and less rules. Not anymore, though. Begining of the end, i guess.

gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
KZG2001 wrote:
AccidentalGolfer wrote:
AureonX,

I don't understand either. The forum was chugging along with no issues.

If a seller doesn't want to post pics or prices, then just ignore him. Such sellers are dodgy anyway. When there is no response, he'll post pics or go away. no loss either way.

Are we so desperate to buy stuff, that we have to force people to post stuff. that only results in people becoming forum nazis. Twisted Evil

If we look back, people were selling phones and other stuff. There were no problems as some members gained from getting a good deal....which is the whole point of a community based forum. And that was the best thing about mygolf: a civil community with responsible adults and less rules. Not anymore, though. Begining of the end, i guess.

Hi Vijay,
We will see how it goes. If you notice by now, MyGolf no longer flooded with WTS thread, instead we can see more golf related discussion on the latest thread column. Not to say we wanted to kill this forum, but if you ask me, I would rather this forum flooded with exchanging ideas and opinion about golf. After all, this is the main reason this portal created.

I cannot deny marketplace is one of the main attraction here, but rather than having somebody register and post selling something then disappear, I would rather to have a new member coming in and talk about golf and share information with us.

For the past 1 year, we notice marketplace posting has been occupying latest thread and other golf thread has been over-written from the latest thread column.

Perhaps, in future, we will create separate marketplace for this purpose.
But for meantime, this rules and guidelines will stay.

Mind me, we are not trying to give trouble to member who wish to sell their stuff.
All we want is certain control over the flow of forum. Not really dictate.
We never stop anyone from selling, but it has to follow the guide so other buyer ease of view.

We understand changes are not easily accept but given time, we will get used to it.
And this rules and guidelines will change accordingly, to fit the market requirement.

This is only the first step we are taking to make the forum a better place.
Do give us sometime to fine tune.

I always accept that if we want to get something, we must be prepared to lose something.
It depends which is for the good.

Believe me, I love this forum as much as you people do, and it is my intention to keep it alive and safe.
And, I am really happy to see people like you, okwoon and others voice up. It can only show 1 thing, you guys do really care about this forum.

Thanks!
Brian.

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Zahidinho

MYGOLF
This regulation is due long time ago and I applaude the committee member to finally have a regulation for the BST thread.

I have use the BST for buying and selling golf stuff all this while. Although generally i have a wonderful experience dealing and haggling with fellow mygolfers for my next weapon, i can't help but to think that a couple of set rules would make the experience much better.

From what i've read, the rules being set up is very fair to all of the forumers and i believe this is move in the positive direction. You have to expect some resistance, doubt from some people but given some time and people will see that this move is for the better.

Just a suggestion though (and this is my pet peeves to the buyers on the thread), I hate it when I post something to sell and have given all the info (price, pics, etc) and then someone just ask " best price please?". I think the sellers woud agree there is no point of telling your selling price if people were asking for a lower price anyway. I think that deter some of the sellers putting the asking price in the first place.
What I'm asking is rules should apply both ways, seller and buyer should be responsible towards each other to make this work.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway to the Mods of the thread Good luck Laughing

Fairway Wood : Cleveland Launcher 7 Wood HT w/ Fujikura Fit On M Gold 55
Hybrid : Cleveland Launcher 3 Hybrid 20.5 w/ Fujikura Fit On M Gold 55
Iron : MIZUNO MP53 4 - PW w/ NSRPO 950GH Stiff
Wedge : MIZUNO MPT11 50 and 54 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter : Odyssey #1 w/ Superstroke Ultraslim 1.0
geraldsaw

MYGOLF
I definitely agree that BST needs some regulation. Now that this forum has proven itself to be self sustaining and having a bigger database, it has attracted attention from non members. What I dun like is unscrupulous sellers coming in for a quick kill and then vanishing from sight. We need to grow this forum and the only way is to open the BST to those with some record or history of being contributors to this forum. Remember this is not Mudah whose only function is to sell. We are a forum - a community engaging in healthy online conversations. Buying and selling is just a by product of having excess equipment through upgrading.
Sponsor
Slicer51

MYGOLF
Zahidinho wrote:
This regulation is due long time ago and I applaude the committee member to finally have a regulation for the BST thread.

I have use the BST for buying and selling golf stuff all this while. Although generally i have a wonderful experience dealing and haggling with fellow mygolfers for my next weapon, i can't help but to think that a couple of set rules would make the experience much better.

From what i've read, the rules being set up is very fair to all of the forumers and i believe this is move in the positive direction. You have to expect some resistance, doubt from some people but given some time and people will see that this move is for the better.

Just a suggestion though (and this is my pet peeves to the buyers on the thread), I hate it when I post something to sell and have given all the info (price, pics, etc) and then someone just ask " best price please?". I think the sellers woud agree there is no point of telling your selling price if people were asking for a lower price anyway. I think that deter some of the sellers putting the asking price in the first place.
What I'm asking is rules should apply both ways, seller and buyer should be responsible towards each other to make this work.

Thank you very much for the feedback. Your comments mean allot to us. I am sure the committee will define the rules as time go by.

I think selling prices is an indication of what seller wished to sell for. For buyer to see whether it is within their budget to proceed with the seller and product. I do understand your discomfort when someone " can cheaper or not " ?

In the meantime, I would suggest that one shall put "Nett" after their selling price or "No lowballer" or "No Negot" might work. However, I understand we all like to bargain (me too), maybe with that, buyer will know what to ask and not to ask.

The Most Important Shot in Golf Is This One
"Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you"

PLS READ THIS 1st before posting in BST thread.
http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9798&start=0
ST

MYGOLF
Slicer51 wrote:
Zahidinho wrote:

Thank you very much for the feedback. Your comments mean allot to us. I am sure the committee will define the rules as time go by.

I think selling prices is an indication of what seller wished to sell for. For buyer to see whether it is within their budget to proceed with the seller and product. I do understand your discomfort when someone " can cheaper or not " ?

In the meantime, I would suggest that one shall put "Nett" after their selling price or "No lowballer" or "No Negot" might work. However, I understand we all like to bargain (me too), maybe with that, buyer will know what to ask and not to ask.

for those would like to ask for best price or bargain,please PM the seller rather than asking in the thread. Then the seller can choose to replt or ignore the request.
50 posts...
supermozz

MYGOLF
i actually lurk around in the forums quite a lot.... almost daily. but i dont post much coz, i guess i just dont really know what to say or comment. right now, i would like to sell or trade some clubs of mine coz i wanna upgrade. any chance to get a pass to post even without 50 posts?

i ask coz i dont wanna just spam post comments here and there to artificially 'up' my post count.
Re: 50 posts...
Slicer51

MYGOLF
supermozz wrote:
i actually lurk around in the forums quite a lot.... almost daily. but i dont post much coz, i guess i just dont really know what to say or comment. right now, i would like to sell or trade some clubs of mine coz i wanna upgrade. any chance to get a pass to post even without 50 posts?

i ask coz i dont wanna just spam post comments here and there to artificially 'up' my post count.

Bro,

I really respect you for even bother to take the time to ask for permission to post in BST. I sweat and really hope that I can help you on this (seriously) but I cannot. A rule is a rule and we all need to follow. Permission granted to one member, other would like to do the same too.

I hope one day this min 50 posts to reach member rank enable one to post in BST thread will be automatically generated by the system itself.

Spamming post with yes, no comment does not look good on you as a responsible gentleman as one member ever mention, we are all responsible gentleman.

We really trying to encourage members to contribute and join in in our discussion on golf and anything under the sky to benefit other member. You only have 14 more posts to go, join us in discussion and share your though. Since you lurk around the forum daily, 14 posts are easily reach when you post daily.

The Most Important Shot in Golf Is This One
"Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you"

PLS READ THIS 1st before posting in BST thread.
http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9798&start=0
Re: 50 posts...
enix_2

MYGOLF
supermozz wrote:

Hehehehe.. Im sort of a lurker as well..

For me the 50 post is a good qualifier.. It gives credibility to the member and others can judge (genuine member or spammer or someone want to use the WTS for quick bucks) based on their previous posts..

However does the 50 post applicable for WTB threads as well? I know a few new members that i recommend to this site (including myself) hesitate to post WTB threads only for it to be closed/warned later on..
View user's profileFind all posts by enix_2Send private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Sponsor
Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)