[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1614 on Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Reply to topic Golf in Jakarta

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Golf in Jakarta
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
Hi to all,

We plan to play the following courses next month. I wish to invite forummers to comment on these courses wrt course condition, fees (value for money?), any senior rates, travelling time etc.
1) Rancamaya
2) Bumi Serpong Damaia

3) Imperial

One of the reasons for my pick above is that most of us have not played the above courses and we understand they are of respectable ranking.

We are putting up in Central Jakarta (Jln Wahid Hasyim).

How wet is Jakarta usually in the months of October??

Regards
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
Dear all,

In the absence of any response from forum members to my query, I have done my own research incl calling the clubs for information. The following is what I had gathered and hope will be useful to some.

1) Fees

Rancamaya - As per their website, fees (GF, caddy, buggy, insur) is about 565,000 IDR. They do not have discounts for seniors.

BSD Course, Damai Indah - Their Monday special rate is IDR 520,000

Imperial - I also called this club. Total fees is IDR 438,000 for seniors on Weds and Thurs.

2) There may be certain things that the clubs may not tell over the phone, such as ongoing maintenance work eg hollow tinning, temporary greens, clubhouse renovation work . Has anyone played any of the above courses recently and comment on this? I hope there will be some response from members.

Rgds
Sponsor
alliandy golf

39 MYGOLF
golfer30 wrote:
Dear all,

In the absence of any response from forum members to my query, I have done my own research incl calling the clubs for information. The following is what I had gathered and hope will be useful to some.

1) Fees

Rancamaya - As per their website, fees (GF, caddy, buggy, insur) is about 565,000 IDR. They do not have discounts for seniors.

BSD Course, Damai Indah - Their Monday special rate is IDR 520,000

Imperial - I also called this club. Total fees is IDR 438,000 for seniors on Weds and Thurs.

2) There may be certain things that the clubs may not tell over the phone, such as ongoing maintenance work eg hollow tinning, temporary greens, clubhouse renovation work . Has anyone played any of the above courses recently and comment on this? I hope there will be some response from members.

Rgds

Check your PM
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
Just to correct my post above, Rancamaya does have special rate for seniors above 55 yrs. It is IDR 340,000 weekdays.

I just called the club this morning.

Cheers
Trip Report
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
I returned from the trip last night and thought that I will write something on it and hope that will be of some use for those thinking of golf in Indonesia.

The trip was quite an eventful one as only on arriving at KLIA we learnt that the KLM flight was cancelled. After some anxious moments of waiting the 4 of us managed to get transferred at the last minute to the MAS flight which was only about 1/2 hr after the cancelled KLM departure time. However 20 over golfers from another group were not so lucky and only got seats the next day thus I believe lost a day in Jakarta.

1) DAY 1- Sunday 14th Oct 2012

Our regular driver got ussmoothly to our hotel in Central Jakarta. We chose this budget hotel as it is quite highly ranked in Trip Advisor, clean and more importantly close to eating places and malls(1 km from Plaza Indonesia)

2) Mon 15th -Damai Indah BSD Course

This is a top 10 ranked course in Indonesia. They have special Monday rates at about IDR 520k. We were surprsed as we almost had the whole course to ourselves! We guess it had nothing to do with the course as we found it to be good, almost but not quite as good as its sister course in Pantai Indah. The course has comparatively ( I am a member of Rahman Putra)very few water hazards even by Indonesian standards. So no worry about losing balls as there were also no bushes/thick roughs/jungles either.

Fairways were good and greens were also good, tricky and fast but the sand bunkers could do with a little more sand and attention! Weather was good in Jakarta though KL was seeing monsoon like rain when we left

As this course is only about 45 mins from Central Jakarta, we had time for the Plaza Indonesia malls.

3)Tues 16th - Rancamaya in Bogor

We had to leave the hotel 1/2 hr earlier ie 630 am as this course is located at the end of the Jagorawi tollway abt 60+ km away. The journey was smooth and took over an hour, I guess.
This is about the best of the 3 courses. Th= course is very scenic and there were some spectacular holes by the water.
Course condition was very good too and even though some of the holes were recovering from hollow tinning operation, they were still in good playing condition. I would rate this course at the top that I would want to play when in Jakarta. The fees are about IDR 340k for seniors 55+.

4) Wed 17th - Imperial Klub Golf

This is located in the Karawaci area not far from the airport we have to go to after the game for our flight back ETD 650 pm. They have discount rates for seniors on Weds and Thurs about IDR 330k package. This course has a bit more water and some holes have island greens and fairway greens. Some greens are very steep and downhill putts could roll past the holes into the water.
Again as for the previous 2 days the weather was very good and there was no suspension of play due to rain.

On caddies (this is a must mention subject forummers look forward to!)for the 3 courses, we found some of them are not really up to the mark esp on course knowledge. Maybe they were new ones. Of course all look attractive and smart.

In my view and by my set of criteria, I would rate Rancamaya slightly above BSD and Imperial but all are must play courses if you go to play in Jakarta.

We landed in KLIA at about 10 pm and it was raining cats and dogs on our way home to Shah Alam. I think we made a very good decision to take the golf trip to Jakarta at around this time.
Sponsor
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
thank you for this feedback. very good of you to relate your golfing experiance as it will help our mygolf members to plan their next golf trip.
Keng

193 MYGOLF
Despite the traffic jams, it's always fun to golf in Indonesia! Thanks for the feedback!
SirAlf

114 MYGOLF
Looking forward to my trip to Jakarta in Jan2013,.. wondering what are the top 3 must play courses,.. any recommendation??..

28 MYGOLF
SirAlf,

Looking at your membership, I presume that this is not your first trip to Jakarta and you must have played most of the top courses in Jakarta. So in your case it is a matter of deciding which course you want to play again, I suppose.
In my case, my last trip was only my 3rd golf trip to Jakarta. I played 9 different courses during these 3 trips. There are still top courses I want to try in my next trips such as Rainbow Hills, Jagorawi, Permata Sentul .

So for someone who has covered most of the courses or one on the first trip to Jakarta, I think he should try the very top courses in Jakarta and Bogor. Royale, Rancamaya, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Bogor Raya?

My 2 cents

Regards
Correction on golf fees at Imperial for seniors
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
It was 430k and not 330k as in trip report. I thought I had posted this correction but somehow it is not there.
Sponsor
Correction on golf fees at Imperial for seniors
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
It was 430k and not 330k as in trip report. I thought I had posted this correction but somehow it is not there.
Denmeister

147 MYGOLF
Tq Bro golfer30 for the write up. Very much appreciated !

I shall bookmark this page so that I can use it as a reference when I plan a trip to that area
AccidentalGolfer

1259 MYGOLF
golfer30,

Thank you for sharing.

114 MYGOLF
Golfer30,.. yes, this will be my 2nd trip,. last trip played at 2 curses at B'dung ( Mt View & Giri) and Bogoraya..
Next trip aiming at Royale and 2 others which i hv not decided yet.. the reason why i was trying to get recommendations,.. Smile Other feedbacks much appreciated,..

Beginner

3 MYGOLF
Hi all,
Me and my buddies are planning a golf trip for 2 days to Royale Jakarta and Pondok Indah sometime March next year. Never played there before. Anybody can share experience for both? rates, etc.
Sponsor
Golf in Jakarta