Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic sharing my experience with RSH

sharing my experience with RSH
rizalak
Don Committee (2011)

MYGOLF
today i went to Royal Sporting House to look for items for my Invitational game to give as lucky draw prize. So i saw a black greg norman hat. I asked the guy at the shop when is the next sale because i told him i remember seeing it being sold at 40% off at bukit jalil recently. He told me "all that sold at 40% because it all defective" so i asked how come no one said it was defective? he asked me if i had bought anything there and i said no "if abang tak beli, tak boleh cakap" so i shut up.

But i am horrified because i bought 4 other greg norman caps at the mines sale last year.I also recently bought a couple of tshirt because they were cheap... 50% off. i thought it was a good deal because greg norman stuff is normally expensive. I am not sure i would have bought so many had i known they were only on sale at that price because they were defective. Makes me wonder if their other sale items are defective too.

Decide what you want but i wanted to share this experience.

MYGOLF
hahahaha, crappy salesman....
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sponsor
Re: sharing my experience with RSH
KZG2001

MYGOLF
I have a few customers in the retail business - apparels as well as food

Usually defective or QC rejects don't make it to the stores. The defective ones are usually sold at the FOS or factory outlets or warehouse sales by 3rd parties.

If you look closely, you you'd be able to detect flaws but most of us only look at the price.

But I won't be surprised if any of the retailers practise unscrupulous sales tactics during the so called mega sales.
rizalak
Don Committee (2011)

MYGOLF
most stuff sold will have their tag clipped to show a flaw. But not to do this is dishonest. Sorry but it is

MYGOLF
I think the salesman did not get his bonus this year...maybe he wanted to sabotaj the company. Smile

For their store,they would usually give good discount on older model to clear their stock as high as 60% .....

Their margin is very high. Cost could be only 1/3 of the retail price or slightly higher. So,they just interested to clear the older model to make room for new model to save storage cost.
Sponsor
farsight
Don Vice Captain (2010)

MYGOLF
Defective is a very strong word, it means the product cannot do what it is supposed to do or will break down pre-maturely. If you inspect the hat or the shirt and did not notice any defect, or tried it on and it fitted you nicely, I don't see any merit to this sales person's comment. This is the first time I am hearing it. 40% / 50% discount are normal for non-current models. MST and Transview offer them too.
KZG2001

MYGOLF
rizalak wrote:
most stuff sold will have their tag clipped to show a flaw. But not to do this is dishonest. Sorry but it is

According to my customer, products sold with tags cut are not necessarily defective products. Couple of reasons for that.

Branded products manufactured in MY for export are usually produced is larger quantities than required by Customer. these are called production overuns. Since it's meant for export, it cannot be sold in MY if duty is not paid. secondly, the brand owner does not want the products model to be available in Asia until they have released it in US/Europe. Eg: spring/summer collection is released sometime late Nov and Dec.

So, to bypass these conditions, they cut of the tags and sell it here. But they also mix it with the defective ones.

So be very careful when buying clothing on "Mega" sale, especially if sales is at some warehouse or that kind of area. then again, every now and then you'll find a great buy.
rizalak
Don Committee (2011)

MYGOLF
ya but still think that brand and store owners should make it aware to customers. Quite a lot of stores do so like tansview then you can make an informed decision. Simple truth is people will say whatever to get a sale

MYGOLF
rizalak wrote:
ya but still think that brand and store owners should make it aware to customers. Quite a lot of stores do so like tansview then you can make an informed decision. Simple truth is people will say whatever to get a sale

From Customer point of view: Yes
Business point of view: Businesses will do anything to stay afloat. That's the way it is.
ginn

MYGOLF
KZG2001 wrote:
rizalak wrote:

From Customer point of view: Yes
Business point of view: Businesses will do anything to stay afloat. That's the way it is.

I find myself staying afloat naturally... sorry.... me the ass...
Sponsor
sharing my experience with RSH