In total there are 352 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 351 Guests

Registered Users: tonyj5

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Titleist Fitting Session at The Mines

Titleist Fitting Session at The Mines
Don.Wong

12 MYGOLF
First of all, thanks to Shaun and Suresh for a great fitting session today. I signed for a full bag session which consists of driver, fairway woods, hybrids, irons and wedges, and sure glad I did because as I found out later, I could probably improve my scores with a new set of wedges.

This type of fitting session is highly recommended for golfers that want to maximize and squeeze every last drop of performance from their clubs.

Shaun started with a questionaire before proceeding with the driver fitting. Tried the 910 D2 and D3 with various shafts, and ended up with 910D2, 9.5 loft with F3 70gm stiff shaft. The dispersion rate is tighter (probably also due to the shorter length 44.5 inch length) but the distance is slightly shorter than my current driver, the Burner Superfast TP with Matrix HD06 65gm stiff.

Next we move on to the irons, and statistics from the trackman showed the spin rate is a little on the high side, since my angle of attack is steep. With my existing setup, AP2 with dynamic gold SL S300 shaft, carried about 155-156m with my 6 iron. We tried the CB with NS Pro, which lowered the spin a little bit but the dispersion was bigger, so AP2 is the right choice Smile The only thing that I may want to consider is to make the clubs a little more upright and about 1/2 an inch longer, based on the lie board and the tape sticked on the club face that showed I was hitting it a little towards the toe.

The next item was the hybrids, to determine the distance and also the gap from highest iron I have in the bag which is a 6 iron. I have always thought there is a big gap between my 5 iron hybrid (26 degree Cobra Daffler TWS) and the 6 iron, the trackman showed a distance gap of about 12 meters, 172m vs 160m, so that's within acceptable range. So the AP2 5 iron that is in my store room will remain there!

Moving to fairway woods which there is only one in my bag, a Maruman Shuttle SU4 which I fitted with a Adilla NV 55gm stiff shaft. I hit a flyer on the first shot which went 240M, subsequent shots carried about 220M, and rolled on average to about 235M. The only thing is the clubface is a little closed. With the 910F, I hit it straighter and a little more consistent but a little shorter (about 5M) which is fine. That is one club I will consider getting soon.

The last part is the wedges, and the tests showed I am a digger which means I need more bounce. Recently I had removed my Vokeys and replaced them with Mizuno MP T-10 wedges which actually had more bounce. Shaun had me trying the Vokeys that have even more bounce, and I am very pleased with the results. Tried chipping from the rough, apron, uphill lie and bunker shots, the Vokeys did the job for me! Prior to that, I was asked to hit my pitching wedge and subsequently the gap, sand and lob wedge to check on the distance gap. Shaun recommends that a 52, 56 and 60 degree wedge combo may be better than the current 50, 54 and 60 that I am using, based on the distance I hit with these wedges.

All in all, I enjoyed the session immensely and would not hesitate to recommend it to all golfers, and once again thank you TITLEIST!!

Cheers

Titleist vokey 50, 54 & 60 wedges
Monza Rossa Spider
Callaway Tour i(s)
Footjoy Icon
Don.Wong

12 MYGOLF
At the Mines,

This is Shankar's fitting sheet, he drove from JB at 4am this morning. That's some serious commitment to improve his game! Smile

All the shafts that you need!

And the various clubheads with different lies including left handed ones,
[/img]

Monza Rossa Spider
Callaway Tour i(s)
Footjoy Icon
Sponsor
lil puppy

993 MYGOLF
Awesome, glad you enjoy the experience

I was there @ 9am wednesday for a wedge fitting and hybrid (squeezed into 1 hr)...but didnt finish the hybrid part so i think there will be a part 3 for me Smile

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 22 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP 54 KBS C-Taper
Wedges : Mizuno MPT 56 SW & 60 LW
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
Don.Wong

12 MYGOLF
Hahaha, got part 3 summore!! Mine was actually more than 2 hours and Shaun was very patient trying to get the fitting for me.

Monza Rossa Spider
Callaway Tour i(s)
Footjoy Icon
magic

2857 MYGOLF
lil puppy wrote:
Awesome, glad you enjoy the experience

I was there @ 9am wednesday for a wedge fitting and hybrid (squeezed into 1 hr)...but didnt finish the hybrid part so i think there will be a part 3 for me Smile

puppy, pls dun go there anymore. we are very worry you are armed with the new titties weapon, no one here dare to play Razz
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sponsor
lil puppy

993 MYGOLF
magic, at this rate, i probably can only afford the D2 driver, not the entire set yet

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 22 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP 54 KBS C-Taper
Wedges : Mizuno MPT 56 SW & 60 LW
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
ST

884 MYGOLF
lil puppy wrote:
magic, at this rate, i probably can only afford the D2 driver, not the entire set yet

with the driver can put 1 on the par 4...no need to use irons oredi lor.... Very Happy
Titleist SEA
Titleist SEA
Titleist SEA

112 MYGOLF
Thanks for the great feedback Don.Wong. We're glad you had such a great experience.

We would love for you or anyone else who has been through an Advanced Fitting Day to share your experiences with us on our local website. You can log into Team Titleist and then let us know about your experiences under the following thread:

http://www.titleist.com.my/teamtitleist/sea/f/109/p/8214/37283.aspx#37283

or feel free to start a new thread.

Let us know if you have any problems or if there is anything else we can help you with. If anyone else is keen to attend an Advanced Fitting Day, email us at asktitleistSEA@acushnetgolf.com. Cheers.

www.titleist.com.my
www.facebook.com/titleistSEA
www.twitter.com/titleistSEA
Email: asktitleistSEA@acushnetgolf.com
View user's profileFind all posts by Titleist SEASend private messageSend e-mail
Titleist Fitting Session at The Mines