Home Forum Register Search Usergroups Contact Form Log in  
Menu
Home
Forum
Calendar
User Groups
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Contact Us
User Block
Username:

Password:

 Remember me



I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Forum Search

Advanced Search
Google Search
Custom Search
Statistics
We have 6693 registered users
The newest registered user is allandw2

Our users have posted a total of 106493 articles within 13707 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 282 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 282 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]


Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic VW Touareg

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
VW Touareg
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Anybody using this model ? 2006 3.2 litre. Need advice.
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
IronHead
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 766
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
what advice do you need?

it;s German technology and build, and its VW. what else do you want? Smile
my neighbour has a Toureg R50, I drove a few times and it's very nice, very quick....but not cheap to maintain even for a diesel, but still cheap compares to Cayenne

i'll get a diesel engine.

_________________
A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent’s luck.
View user's profileFind all posts by IronHeadSend private message
Sponsor
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
IronHead wrote:
what advice do you need?

it;s German technology and build, and its VW. what else do you want? Smile
my neighbour has a Toureg R50, I drove a few times and it's very nice, very quick....but not cheap to maintain even for a diesel, but still cheap compares to Cayenne

i'll get a diesel engine.
Hi IronHead, R50, the V10 diesel version is not available in Malaysia, even yes, i will be too costly.

As you know, car price in Malaysia is super expensive. So as the maintenance, especially continental car like BMW, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo, etc... friend of mine using Cayenne, cost of upkeep.. pheew!!! Further more, continental cars are kind of sensitive, my previous Merz and Alfa had few problems, so difficult to trace the problem. End up spent lots of money for trial and error.

Japanese cars are easy to maintain, less problem. I have been driving Landy L101 for 6 years, bought preowned. Hardly repair, just fill in diesel then drive and drive and drive.. i love it!

The reason i consider Touareg is because the selling price meets my budget, not many choices i have if i stick to my budget and Japanese car.

a. 2006 3.2 (New) RM 270K
b. 2005 L101 4.2 Diesel (Preowned) RM 240K
c. 2008 Landcruiser (New) RM 420K

Looks like Touareg is the good choice right? Only if it is not problematic vehicle...
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
IronHead
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 766
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
what is Landy L101?
bro, how can u call a 2006 car 'new'?
Toureg, Caynne or even CRV for that matter are not proper offroaders, they are designed for urban jungle, more apt in tackling pot holes, speed bumps... Smile
i was given a Landcruiser as a courtesy car last year when I brought my car in for a service, and it was a monster. but I wont buy one. So, it depends on your requirements.
when I got my first job, my first car was a Golf 16V GTI. it never broke down, never misfired. tht's why I like VW (in those days, air con wasnt even on the optional accessory list).
I often discourage ppl buying continental cars in M'sia mainly because of the lack of service centres and it takes weeks to order some parts, frankly speaking, i don trust the service centres. My aunt had a Merc S420, 2 weeks after she bought it(new) fr the dealer, she discovered a rattling noise coming from the centre console, despite several visits, the Mercedes dealer still couldnt locate the origin of the rattling and even refused to buy back under warranty.
for reliability, noone beats Japanese. Toyota may be facing their worst yr but I would not hesitate in buying one tomorrow.
a new Touareg for 270K seems like a good buy to me. but i don know much abt M;sia market. besides, cost of service/maintenance for new cars is very little anyway for the first few years.

some how I think you have already mad up yr mind.

p/s makes sure u get approval fr yr other half. hahaha

_________________
A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent’s luck.
View user's profileFind all posts by IronHeadSend private message
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
IronHead wrote:
what is Landy L101?
bro, how can u call a 2006 car 'new'?
Toureg, Caynne or even CRV for that matter are not proper offroaders, they are designed for urban jungle, more apt in tackling pot holes, speed bumps... Smile
i was given a Landcruiser as a courtesy car last year when I brought my car in for a service, and it was a monster. but I wont buy one. So, it depends on your requirements.
when I got my first job, my first car was a Golf 16V GTI. it never broke down, never misfired. tht's why I like VW (in those days, air con wasnt even on the optional accessory list).
I often discourage ppl buying continental cars in M'sia mainly because of the lack of service centres and it takes weeks to order some parts, frankly speaking, i don trust the service centres. My aunt had a Merc S420, 2 weeks after she bought it(new) fr the dealer, she discovered a rattling noise coming from the centre console, despite several visits, the Mercedes dealer still couldnt locate the origin of the rattling and even refused to buy back under warranty.
for reliability, noone beats Japanese. Toyota may be facing their worst yr but I would not hesitate in buying one tomorrow.
a new Touareg for 270K seems like a good buy to me. but i don know much abt M;sia market. besides, cost of service/maintenance for new cars is very little anyway for the first few years.

some how I think you have already mad up yr mind.

p/s makes sure u get approval fr yr other half. hahaha
Hey buddy, L101 is the Landcruiser diesel version, 4.2 litre turbo charged, trying to act/talk like mat-sallh, they call BMW "Beemer", so i call mine Landy Embarassed

There is batch of Touareg imported in 2005-2006, i think it was the tax problem and the cars were detained at Port Klang .. eventually matter resolved and taken out for sale. Hence, still new .. old day new cost more than 400K...

Talk of the landcruiser, as you described as "Monster", that's the one i am having. Infact mine is 10 inches wider. Real huge! Real nice!

I understand the situation when your Auntie's S420 had problem, the problem doesn't refer to the quality or defect, but how they define "Warranty". No such thing as one to one replacement over here. They just repair the new car and still call it "NEW" after repair. Embarassed

Come back to the continental car issue, i dun really mind if the maintenance's slightly higher. Problem is, i'll use a car for more than 5 years, these continental cars always give problems after 2-3 years. May be the design's not localized to suite Malaysia weather, or it's designed to last in such a way as car's cheap oversea? I do not worry at all when it's new... only when it meragam after few years.....

I went to see the 2005 standard package Touareg this afternoon, 3.2 V6. upset indeed! Will wait to see the sport version before any decision. May go for 3rd unit of landcruiser... wify still prefer Landcruiser compare to VW.

Hey, what a wonderful life you have! VTI for the first job? You must be kinda VIP in the company, any vacancy that you can slot me in? Wannabee Americano
Razz
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
Sponsor
IronHead
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 766
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
PFD888 wrote:

Hey buddy, L101 is the Landcruiser diesel version, 4.2 litre turbo charged, trying to act/talk like mat-sallh, they call BMW "Beemer", so i call mine Landy Embarassed
Razz


'cakap macam orang putih...ok, I've changed my mode..."

lol...just kidding.
what, u r turning yr back on Toyota?? Crying or Very sad
I think the new Landy has more road presence. Unless you add the body kit on the VW. Mind you, VW will release an updated Touareg next year, so yr 2006 may look even more outdated. IMHO, all major continental cars should be trouble free during the first 3 years. in fact, on my previous car, i didnt for once open my car bonnet during its first 2-3 years. then I got curious....lol.
yeah, u r right, cars are very expensive in M'sia, they talked abt open market back in 2005, I asked..what open market!!! but fuel is super cheap for you guys. I'm paying the most expensive petrol on this planet currently. I tot most imported cars to M'sia are well specced..leather seats, gadgets...polished cups holders Rolling Eyes!!
to answer yr question, I am no VIP but the contrary. I can bet you tht Gti wont be my choice of vehicles if I were a VIP....
The reason I have stuck to Lexus is very simple. it's Customer Service. many moons ago, I was looking to buy a new car, went to Merc, they didnt even notice my presence so I walked away. Went to BMW, the sale person talked as if he was reciting the phone book and when I drove a bit faster while test driving (within speed limit), he immediate showed his disapproving face. So, I went to Lexus, they walked me thru the range and then literally threw the keys to me and said "Can we have the car back preferably before we close", no pressure selling and I was test driving the car on my own. I was sold when they handed the key to the test car.

_________________
A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent’s luck.
View user's profileFind all posts by IronHeadSend private message
ST
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 1650
Location: PJ
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
IronHead wrote:
PFD888 wrote:

Hey buddy, L101 is the Landcruiser diesel version, 4.2 litre turbo charged, trying to act/talk like mat-sallh, they call BMW "Beemer", so i call mine Landy Embarassed
Razz


'cakap macam orang putih...ok, I've changed my mode..."

lol...just kidding.
what, u r turning yr back on Toyota?? Crying or Very sad
I think the new Landy has more road presence. Unless you add the body kit on the VW. Mind you, VW will release an updated Touareg next year, so yr 2006 may look even more outdated. IMHO, all major continental cars should be trouble free during the first 3 years. in fact, on my previous car, i didnt for once open my car bonnet during its first 2-3 years. then I got curious....lol.
yeah, u r right, cars are very expensive in M'sia, they talked abt open market back in 2005, I asked..what open market!!! but fuel is super cheap for you guys. I'm paying the most expensive petrol on this planet currently. I tot most imported cars to M'sia are well specced..leather seats, gadgets...polished cups holders Rolling Eyes!!
to answer yr question, I am no VIP but the contrary. I can bet you tht Gti wont be my choice of vehicles if I were a VIP....
The reason I have stuck to Lexus is very simple. it's Customer Service. many moons ago, I was looking to buy a new car, went to Merc, they didnt even notice my presence so I walked away. Went to BMW, the sale person talked as if he was reciting the phone book and when I drove a bit faster while test driving (within speed limit), he immediate showed his disapproving face. So, I went to Lexus, they walked me thru the range and then literally threw the keys to me and said "Can we have the car back preferably before we close", no pressure selling and I was test driving the car on my own. I was sold when they handed the key to the test car.

in malaysia,cannot do that.Keys can only be given once yo the proper hire purchase documents.Otherwise,the sales person may not be able to see the car back.. Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by STSend private message
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
IronHead still remember what our Misinformation minister said: OK! I'VE CHANGED MY MODE"... that fella!

I didn't turn my back on Toyota, it's Toyota who are turning it's back on me by increasing the selling price of Landcruiser by 200k

You are right about the new releases, Touareg, Cayenne and Audi Q series .. 2010 all new model, something priced high as sky (to me) Embarassed

Serious business;

1. I have used 2 unit landcruiser in 7 years, same model some more
2. Can not afford a new model landcruiser

So forget about Landcruiser

3. Touareg looks outdated, Sport package should be much better
4. VW works fine in 3 years.. IronHead say so as he experienced
5. Within Budget and new

So, decision should be VW sport package. Will go n see next Monday.

IronHead, thanks for your kind advice....
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
IronHead
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 766
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
don mention it, if I ever need a lift in the Cheras area, I know who to call.... Wink

_________________
A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent’s luck.
View user's profileFind all posts by IronHeadSend private message
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
IronHead wrote:
don mention it, if I ever need a lift in the Cheras area, I know who to call.... Wink
At your service, Sir!
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
Sponsor
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Got it 10 days ago, R50 body kit and color, 20" rims... nice Laughing totally new experience of driving!
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2877
MYGOLF
Reply with quote

_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
ok! ok! let me take the picture tomorrow..

WHERE THE HELL YOU GET ALL THOSE SMILEY ???
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2877
MYGOLF
Reply with quote

_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
PFD888
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 379
Location: Cheras, kajang
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
This served me 5 years without fail
View user's profileFind all posts by PFD888Send private message
Sponsor
VW Touareg
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
All times are GMT + 8 Hours  
Page 1 of 3  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Calendar
<< May 2018 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Upcoming Events
- Haikou Special Departures
Content © Malaysia Golfing Community
Maintained by gbrian © Mygolf.com.my