Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
Hole 18

Blue 315
White 290
Red 240
Index 10
Par 4

By now, Max knows he's beaten you up quite a lot, so he lets you end with a medium-difficulty par 4. Nonetheless, it is still a beauty, another one that carries a valley and stream. There's a risk reward bunker to tempt the long drivers to carry it.

You take a hit, WHACK~ and pause to admire your ball sailing over the valley..... only to see the bunker catching it.

I've learnt my lesson; keep RIGHT, and run it up safely with a mid iron.

Thanks to good lag putting, managed to get away with a bogey.

(John 6:35 ESV)

In conclusion
Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
So, overall, it was a beautiful course, with many cunning elements to test the golfer's course management strategy.

The green is fast as glass, so always look to land short and run it up if possible. If not, look for a slope to catch it.

The scenery is beautiful, with hole number 5 being the prettiest, and will relax you while the cunning course attempts to destroy your score. Hole number 2 gets my vote as the most evil hole.

That concludes my review of the course management for the Valley Course of the Glenmarie Golf and Country Club.

Hope all my fellow golfaholics enjoyed it and found it useful.

Being a beginner, I probably overlooked many things; would love to hear your feedback, suggestions, and other comments.

Thank you for reading.

Sponsor
garcel

28 MYGOLF
a very good assessment of the course mate........havent played there before but when i do, i know where to go for my homework.....or rather, soalan bocor Smile

Hybrid : Callaway Diablo H2
Iron : 4-AP Maruman Exim Nano 2
Wedge : Titleist Vokey 56deg
Putter : Scotty Cameron
Ball : everything goes
Re: In conclusion
ashibr

230 MYGOLF
Thanks lee, what a great info. Now I have better understand of lay up... n the course mgmt.. Very Happy no wonder my score never get better because I just whack the ball forward...aiming the green
IronHead

482 MYGOLF
i feel as if I am playing the course (with a keyboard).
the fairways are generous and wide.

kerawit

492 MYGOLF
Magic wrote:
Lee, i wanna find a chance to play there liao

halo tokey..kalau u mau main sana , don't forget kerawit aahhh.

p/s..kasjang hill bila alagi mau turun

Hybrid : 910H 21*
i5~p : RBZ Max
wedge : Vokey 54, 58*
Putter : Monza spider
View user's profileFind all posts by kerawitSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
magic

2858 MYGOLF
Lee, where is another 18 holes??

Kerawit, kajang hill tak minat lagi lepas tengok Glenmarie ni. Romeo kan member kat Glemarie? suruh dia arrange 1 game lar
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
geraldsaw wrote:
this is very refreshing. adds life to the forum. excellent photography, great indicators of landing zones and accurate analysis of swing faults. keep it up. must be due to your corporate presentation skills: pictures - captions and analysis. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad you liked it, geraldsaw. Thanks for the nice compliments. Very Happy

Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
garcel wrote:
a very good assessment of the course mate........havent played there before but when i do, i know where to go for my homework.....or rather, soalan bocor Smile

My pleasure, garcel.

ashibr wrote:
Thanks lee, what a great info. Now I have better understand of lay up... n the course mgmt.. Very Happy no wonder my score never get better because I just whack the ball forward...aiming the green

Glad if it helped, ashibr. Yes, it is interesting to take the game to a higher level with course management. Kind of like playing chess, one needs to plan right from the opening move.

IronHead wrote:
i feel as if I am playing the course (with a keyboard).
the fairways are generous and wide.

High praise indeed, thank you sir. The generous wide look however, is due to the lens of my camera being slightly wide angle, I'm afraid. The course in real life looks narrower and more daunting than these pics, but that only makes it more challenging and interesting, no?

Impian GCC - Golden Nine
Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
So last week, I played at the Impian GCC twice, the 2nd time with Magic, Rizalak and Lil Puppy.

Here are my notes.

Hole 1

Nice tee box, right next to some lovely bungalows, which are protected from errant hooks by netting, although that did not stop some of us from trying to penetrate it.

Hole 2

This hole will test your confidence in your long iron. Many will end up on the right in trying to avoid the left bunker.

Hole 3

Good to keep left. A slice will find the borrowed fairway, which will find your approach shot blocked by some tall tree.

Hole 4

Just aim down the center.

Hole 5

Use the slope on the right.

Hole 6

A tricky dogleg right. Either fade, or go straight over the trees on the right.

Hole 7

A birdie opportunity for those with an accurate mid iron.

Hole 8

It looks tempting to carry the water since it is downslope, but unless your carry is 250m, layup with a wood and let the slope bring it down.

Hole 9

Unless you slice badly, the slopes will keep the ball on the fairway, assuming you avoided the bunker.

Last edited by Lee36328 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsor
Impian GCC - Negara Nine
Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
Hole 10

A nice and wide fairway without any bunkers, just OB on the right.

Keep the approach shot on the left.

Hole 11

Keep left, as the right slope is severe. Let the left slopes kick your shot back.

Hole 12

A lovely par 3 over water to test your confidence in your mid irons.

Hole 13

Keep left to avoid the bunker.

Hole 14

This is a tricky par 5 with a green tucked to the left. Plan your approach shot early.

The green is just behind the left hump; approach from the right, or aim over the left hump.

Hole 15

Watch out for the left bunker; if you carry it, the ball will run all the way to the water.

On the approach, aim long and left.

Hole 16

A confidence-boosting par 3; shoot slightly left off center.

Hole 17

A short par 5 reachable in 2.

Hole 18

Don't mess up this finishing hole by hooking the ball; it will roll down a steep slope to the borrowed fairway, where it may even end up in a bunker. Aim to the left of the bunker on the right.

miura

92 MYGOLF
love the info and photos !!!!
Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
miura wrote:
love the info and photos !!!!

It's my pleasure.

What a coincidence that you mentioned this thread. Had a nice round there this morning... Laughing

Re: Beautiful and smart
miura

92 MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 5

Blue 469
White 440
Red 411
Index 13
Par 5

After the torture of the last 3 holes, Max gives you a reward for your perseverance, the magnificent hole 5.

Hole 5 is the prettiest hole in the course. A 3-tiered hole, the view from the elevated tee is breathtaking. A stream borders your 1st shot, inviting you to cross it if you dare. After the stream is a circular landing area for the wise who lay up. For the bold, you can attack the green directly, but you must have the distance to reach the island green.

It is an intelligently designed risk-reward hole. This is where strategy really comes into play.

For a change, just to surprise me, my tee-off landed exactly where I intended. Sufficiently befuddled, I was bold and foolish enough to throw caution to the wind and decided to attack the island green. The ball is in a clean lie, sitting up nicely. However, it was sloping down slightly. I took my 3-wood, which thus far has duffed on me when I last used it, and proceeded to talk to my ball.

"Ball, I hope to see you again. If I don't, it's been nice to know you." The brand-new Titleist Prov-V1x blinked at me as if to say "Are you sure boss?"

One whack, and the ball landed on the island. I couldn't be happier if I made a hole in one! So, moral of the story, weigh the pros (good position, good lie) and cons (sloping down, 3-wood not working well) before making your decision.

I chipped over to the fringe, lag putt, but missed my 4-footer par putt. But, like a childhood romance that almost but not quite worked out, it was a most satisfying and unforgettable bogey though.

whats the carry off black tees over the water with the drive?tq
Re: Beautiful and smart
Lee36328

490 MYGOLF
miura wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Hole 5

Blue 469
White 440
Red 411
Index 13
Par 5

After the torture of the last 3 holes, Max gives you a reward for your perseverance, the magnificent hole 5.

Hole 5 is the prettiest hole in the course. A 3-tiered hole, the view from the elevated tee is breathtaking. A stream borders your 1st shot, inviting you to cross it if you dare. After the stream is a circular landing area for the wise who lay up. For the bold, you can attack the green directly, but you must have the distance to reach the island green.

It is an intelligently designed risk-reward hole. This is where strategy really comes into play.

For a change, just to surprise me, my tee-off landed exactly where I intended. Sufficiently befuddled, I was bold and foolish enough to throw caution to the wind and decided to attack the island green. The ball is in a clean lie, sitting up nicely. However, it was sloping down slightly. I took my 3-wood, which thus far has duffed on me when I last used it, and proceeded to talk to my ball.

"Ball, I hope to see you again. If I don't, it's been nice to know you." The brand-new Titleist Prov-V1x blinked at me as if to say "Are you sure boss?"

One whack, and the ball landed on the island. I couldn't be happier if I made a hole in one! So, moral of the story, weigh the pros (good position, good lie) and cons (sloping down, 3-wood not working well) before making your decision.

I chipped over to the fringe, lag putt, but missed my 4-footer par putt. But, like a childhood romance that almost but not quite worked out, it was a most satisfying and unforgettable bogey though.

whats the carry off black tees over the water with the drive?tq

Black tee is not indicated, up to blue tee only.

But I reckon if you want to carry the stream with a driver, best to aim more right, as the stream runs diagonally. Haven't seen anyone make it though.

Sponsor
Layup!? Attack!? Beginner's point of view on course mgt