MYGOLF
Getting down to some serious business.

Link

Now just waiting for the head.

(John 6:35 ESV)

Lee36328

MYGOLF
Thank you for viewing.

And this is the partner-in-crime-in-waiting, as waiting until the supply is available.

Head spec:

Shaft spec:

It promises to be eye-opening when I finally get my hands on them. Will report in due course.

Sponsor
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Meanwhile, back with the Miura baby blades...

The PX 6.0 are amazing, but time to move on.

Recently installed these. Mainly for the weight and lower launch angle. Measured the frequency and they come up to 7.0. Swing weight D4, although in one club I am experimenting with D6 by adding lead tape.

And what a revelation! Sweet indeed.

cheongXP

MYGOLF
Almost pro standard !! Surprised
Lee36328

MYGOLF
cheongXP wrote:
Almost pro standard !! Surprised

The equipment you mean? Thank you, you're too kind. That's just the hardware. The software on the hand is quite a different story. But we try to do what we can.

Meanwhile, since the head is not yet available at a reasonable price I opted to put in my still-new Titleist 909D2, 10.5 degree loft for now.

E1 swing weight, shaft weight is 75 gram before cutting, XX flex. My subconscious is going, "Are you sure or not?"

With anticipation and no small measure of trepidation, I installed the 909D2 head and put shaft to the test at the range.

And I got hugely annoyed. At myself. For not getting this shaft sooner.

What a revelation the shaft proved to be. Unexpectedly sweet to hit. Just amazingly smooth. A relaxed swing that makes decent contact and the ball just absolutely explodes toward the sky. I have never got that much 'hang time' before.

I expected it to be stout like a broomstick. Not at all. My brain can't comprehend it. How can it be? Oh, yes, must have something to do with their 16 sided polygon weave structure or something like that I remember vaguely from the ad.

The ad says the shaft has HD, AVF, CFI, DEDE, GEF and TTR technologies. I have no idea what they mean, but I can add to that list, WOW.

I kept going back to the range, just to hit this thing again. Intensely addictive.

Sponsor
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Just got back from the range. As the swing got used to the shaft, shots are starting to reach the fence at the end of the range Kota Permai range. Not me, but the shaft getting the job done.

The 10.5 degree 909D2 head is launching it high with a too much spin sometimes. Whenever I go at it, the ball spins into the sky.

I am having tons of schoolboy fun whacking the shaft any which way to see what ball flight it generates. It's returning a ridiculous amount of energy at the ball.

Lee36328

MYGOLF
Just came back from a round at Impian, and feeling muscles in my torso I did not realise I had. New shaft is performing beyond anything I tried previously, like watching a rocket launch, wait for the explosion and then watch the ball streak up in the sky. Now, just waiting to get a head with lower loft. My hard hitting friends who tried it liked it too.

IGT

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
Just came back from a round at Impian, and feeling muscles in my torso I did not realise I had. New shaft is performing beyond anything I tried previously, like watching a rocket launch, wait for the explosion and then watch the ball streak up in the sky. Now, just waiting to get a head with lower loft. My hard hitting friends who tried it liked it too.

Bro, all in all, what was the average distance you got?

MYGOLF
IGT wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:

Bro, all in all, what was the average distance you got?

Bro IGT, thanks for the question.

On the range, hitting the fence seem to be simpler than before, just aim it high enough and let it go. Am told the fence is about 220m, so hitting it means about 230 carry.

On the course, because we are trying to hit a narrow target, I aim lower, and get about the same distance as previously.

That's all because of the loft. At 10.5, I am launching it very high, into the sky. Far too high from optimal. And the ball hardly runs after landing. Can't wait to get my hands on a lower lofted head. But one good thing, because it does not run, it lands and sticks on the fairway instead of running into water or OB. So far water or OB incidence with less than perfect shots is coming down.

Once I get my hands on another 9.5 head, I can compare the carry back to back with my current 9015D/Tour AD DI combo which I am keeping intact. Will report here.

IGT

MYGOLF
Keep it up, Bro Lee. Awaiting your progress update. Just don't collapse the fence Smile

Lee36328

MYGOLF
Ha ha, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think my core muscles will collapse before the fence does. I find I can play 1st and 2nd 9, no problem. But it's the 3rd 9 that I struggle with. Ie., I need a couple days' rest between rounds. Hopefully after some time my muscles will get used to the additional load.

More progress update, I found a 10.5 degree Adams Super LS, which can be adjusted down to 9.5. I should be able to get my hands on it by this weekend. So God willing, I expect it to be shafted up and ready to be tested by Mon/Tue. Watch this space.

Meanwhile...
Lee36328

MYGOLF

Just got this, after my shoes started to leak after much heavy use.

At first, not sure of it at the range because it sits high and the feet feels unstable. Then, realised it helps as a balance training aid because your balance must be spot on or else you will fall off the shoes.

On the course is where the shoes really shine. Wonderful grip. Better than anything else I tried, seriously. And of course, not forgetting the key selling point, outstanding lightness,

Played a round where the extra grip actually improved the swing. Also, the lightness meant the ankles are less stressed after a round.

No regrets buying it, although it is PVC and not leather. Swing feels better too.

Finally...
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Finally, the heads are here.... courtesy of the hospitality of my friends down south
and across the causeway, you guys know who you are, thanks very much gents!

The tour version Super LS Driver 10.5 deg (adjustable down to 9.5 deg) and Super LS titanium 3 wood.

The driver will be paired up with the 7M3 Blacktie tomorrow.

khairul203

MYGOLF
nice...

hopefully it could improve ur game, gud luck bro!

Wedges: Nike VR Pro - 54.0* & 60.0*
Putter: Wilson Staff Black 8881
IGT

MYGOLF
@Bro Lee.....WOW! That would be my dinner! Keep it up! Smile

Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance