Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 126, 127, 128  Next
SY@H79

MYGOLF
Lee, welcome to the 'DAMN HOT' golfing forum here... Laughing Cool

what a nice intro story, managed to break 100's in the 1st year...

then u are the smart & fast golfer & u are really a golfaholic...hehe Laughing

well, enjoy ur stay and happy golfing... Razz Very Happy
garcel

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
AccidentalGolfer wrote:

WOW! Ho Liao! Shooting 90s after a year !

Welcome.

Thanks, AccidentalGolfer. Interesting nickname.

cognac wrote:
Hi Lee, warm welcome to Mygolf! This is the best malaysian golf forum i can find. Welcome....

Wow you break 100 in 1st year......that is amazing! So how did you started golfing? Smile

Thanks for the welcome, cognac. How I started golf is a bit of a long story...

I started quite late in golf because I was quite the workaholic to the exclusion of everything else. I did actually attempt golf several years back at the urgings of my colleagues and friends that it would be good for my career. However, without any proper coaching and true motivation, I gave it up after several weeks. Hacking aimlessly at a driving range wasn't much fun.

I went back to being a workaholic. Over the years, my career got more established, but all the sitting down, entertaining clients, rich food, drinking, no exercise and stress amounted to a lethal cocktail. I soon realised I was working myself to an early grave when of my colleagues had heart attacks and other health issues.

Last year, I decided had enough of the corporate working life and how it was slowly draining the life juices out of me. I decided to strike out on my own by starting an IT consulting and development business. Golf as it turned out, was indeed a useful networking activity. Now, golf is absolutely necessary for my business since many of my clients play golf.

I quickly found out that if you're not good at it, a few things will happen.

1. People will stop playing with you
2. The caddie will pull faces at you
3. The marshall may kick you off the course (that was my first time at the course, and my friend had to talk him out of it; I don't blame the marshall, since my 1st tee off rattled the starter's hut, almost maiming him.)

So I resolved to make up for lost time, and get proficient with this thing called golf, and FAST.

I went through several instructors, bought lots of books, magazines, equipment, and spent hours at the driving range.

I remember getting my first driver and proceeded to spray the main road with my beautiful slices.

Damn, this thing was HARDER than I thought!

Then, I hit my first flush shot. Damn, this thing is more FUN than I thought! I was seriously hooked.

I have now invested quite a lot of time (and money - Damn, this thing can get EXPENSIVE!) but when the moons and stars are aligned and I pure a tee off down the center of the fairway, I swear I can hear the angels sing in heaven.

Health-wise, it has been good for me too. I've lost 4kg of my corporate-ladder-climbing gut. And my old pants fit again. Very Happy So the money I save on buying new clothes for an expanding stomach can now be channeled into new clubs and shafts... yessss! Cool Cool Cool

What makes the game so compelling and beguiling to me is the depth of its complexity. Mastering it is a delicious and tantalizing challenge, occasionally within sight yet eternally out of reach.

In a short period of 1 year, golf has changed my life. Books, magazines, golf channel on astro, hanging out at the driving range, tinkering and tuning my set at the custom shop, endlessly buying clubs, shafts, clothes... Like I said, I'm a golfaholic... Surprised Surprised Surprised

That's why this forum is so cool. I have a long way to go, and I look forward to learning from my fellow golfers here.

Hi Lee.....welcome onboard.
I read your post with lotsa interest and i can really relate to it.......
Like youself, i believe every hacker has set targets to achieve....myself included. However, easily said than done Smile I remember saying this, how hard is it to put a small little ball in a hole approx 3 times its size?
Bloody hard apprently!!!

Anyways, I just passed the 2 year mark in this game.....targets :1st year break hundred, somehow managed to scrape thru. Next target obviously to break 90 by the 2 year mark, mission failed but glad to say i just broke that barrier recently, obviously done with alot of help from above.
So if i can do it, you can easily do it mate.......keep it up and i'll see you on the course one of these days.

Shah.

Hybrid : Callaway Diablo H2
Iron : 4-AP Maruman Exim Nano 2
Wedge : Titleist Vokey 56deg
Putter : Scotty Cameron
Ball : everything goes
Sponsor
YHL
Nagaria Captain (2010)

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:

In a short period of 1 year, golf has changed my life. Books, magazines, golf channel on astro, hanging out at the driving range, tinkering and tuning my set at the custom shop, endlessly buying clubs, shafts, clothes... Like I said, I'm a golfaholic... Surprised Surprised Surprised

Golf is an expensive game though...the next thing will happen is I might bump into you at the Matta Fair which is happening today till Sunday and caught you BOOKING YOUR NEXT FLIGHT TO PLAY AT THE ST. ANDREW !!! Laughing Laughing

My friend who is only a 24 handicapper did that and came back with a golf visor of St. Andrew for me. How about a pitch repairer and marker set from you my bro Jou Lai Razz *trying to 'racun' you some more* hehehehehee Mr. Green
View user's profileFind all posts by YHLSend private messageVisit poster's website
magic

MYGOLF
YHL (michelle) is dangerous Twisted Evil
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
AccidentalGolfer

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
AccidentalGolfer wrote:

WOW! Ho Liao! Shooting 90s after a year !

Welcome.

Thanks, AccidentalGolfer. Interesting nickname.

It's literally how I became a golfer.
While waiting for my son to finish his golf lesson, the Pro-shop owner handed me a 7iron and said, "Here, go and hit a few balls." ...and that's how the 'accident' happened Razz

Back to topic...
Appreciate you taking the time to pen down these interesting pages of your golfing life.
Enjoy your stay here and may you quickly play to scratch or find that elusive hole-in-one !

--- Grip 'em strong 'n Drive 'em looong ! Laughing

YHL
Nagaria Captain (2010)

MYGOLF
Magic wrote:

Mike, let us all "poison" Lee sama-sama....

We charter flights to play at Pebble Beach before the arrival of 2012 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://pebblebeach.com/media/2010/video-large.html
View user's profileFind all posts by YHLSend private messageVisit poster's website
magic

MYGOLF
Lee, let's join our devil group Laughing
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Wow, what a nice warm welcome. So many friendly words of support and encouragement. I feel at home w you guys already.

KH Lee wrote:
Welcome Lee, Good stuff... hope you enjoy your time here..

From the nice reception here, looks like I will. From one Lee to another, thanks, Lee. Very Happy

cbsaw wrote:
Hi Lee,
Welcome and hope you enjoy yorself in here. Yes, i personally think breaking 100 in the first year is amazing...anyway after reading all this and understand you're also the USJ area I was wondering if you and anybody here wants to have a game in Kinrara on Tuesday morning? I know its the wrong place to seek flight mates and believe me I do have a lot of kakis to play with buy I just needed to test out some clubs and balls so if anybody is keen, pls sms me at 012 4015791. Time is morning at Kinrara onTuesday 16th March. cheers

Hi Boon Wink (saw your other posts) Thanks for the kind offer. It would be great to join you normally, but I have a game on Sunday as well as last Friday, so I think I need to recover a bit... But next time, for sure.

Played Kinrara before. Nice location, near USJ, but I'd stay away from the fried kwee teoy, nasi goreng, yee mee,,,, yeah food sucks unfortunately Very Happy Very Happy

lil puppy wrote:
welcome buddy
surely you can find your lotsa golf kakis here

just 1 quick lil note, stay away from those blades, i.e. mp68 (am not saying you cannot hit them well, just why wanna make golfing so difficult ?)

Oh oh.... I feel another blade for beginners or not debate coming up. I appreciate the concern dude. But this warning might be a bit late in my case.... Smile

Got this baby, which I'm saving for when I (hopefully) break 80...

Isn't it beautiful? The Miura Special Edition Small Blade hand forged by master craftsman Katsuhiro Miura.... I couldn't resist when I discovered them last year.

SY@H79 wrote:
Lee, welcome to the 'DAMN HOT' golfing forum here... Laughing Cool

what a nice intro story, managed to break 100's in the 1st year...

then u are the smart & fast golfer & u are really a golfaholic...hehe Laughing

well, enjoy ur stay and happy golfing... Razz Very Happy

Thanks SY@H79. Yes, this is a damn hot golfing forum, judging from the warm welcome so far.

garcel wrote:

Like youself, i believe every hacker has set targets to achieve....myself included. However, easily said than done Smile I remember saying this, how hard is it to put a small little ball in a hole approx 3 times its size?
Bloody hard apprently!!!

Anyways, I just passed the 2 year mark in this game.....targets :1st year break hundred, somehow managed to scrape thru. Next target obviously to break 90 by the 2 year mark, mission failed but glad to say i just broke that barrier recently, obviously done with alot of help from above.
So if i can do it, you can easily do it mate.......keep it up and i'll see you on the course one of these days.

Shah.

Shah,

Many congrats on breaking 90! Wow, how does it feel? Next target, break 80 by year 3! Go man, go. You can do it.

(John 6:35 ESV)

Lee36328

MYGOLF
YHL wrote:

Golf is an expensive game though...the next thing will happen is I might bump into you at the Matta Fair which is happening today till Sunday and caught you BOOKING YOUR NEXT FLIGHT TO PLAY AT THE ST. ANDREW !!! Laughing Laughing

My friend who is only a 24 handicapper did that and came back with a golf visor of St. Andrew for me. How about a pitch repairer and marker set from you my bro Jou Lai Razz *trying to 'racun' you some more* hehehehehee Mr. Green

Magic wrote:

Ha ha.

My anti-racun shield is ON! But seriously, I've spent too much on this game already. Apart from the MP52, I bought a 2nd set, Miura baby blades, even before I can even hit normal blades properly. Shocked Shocked Shocked Didn't I say I'm a golfaholic?

So I guess I'm to poisoned to be poisoned further... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Lee36328

MYGOLF
AccidentalGolfer wrote:

It's literally how I became a golfer.
While waiting for my son to finish his golf lesson, the Pro-shop owner handed me a 7iron and said, "Here, go and hit a few balls." ...and that's how the 'accident' happened Razz

Back to topic...
Appreciate you taking the time to pen down these interesting pages of your golfing life.
Enjoy your stay here and may you quickly play to scratch or find that elusive hole-in-one !

--- Grip 'em strong 'n Drive 'em looong ! Laughing

That's called fate bro. Like finding true love. May you mark the day you discovered golf and celebrate it every year with a hole-in-one! Surprised Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsor
Lee36328

MYGOLF
YHL wrote:
Magic wrote:

Mike, let us all "poison" Lee sama-sama....

We charter flights to play at Pebble Beach before the arrival of 2012 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://pebblebeach.com/media/2010/video-large.html

Magic wrote:
Lee, let's join our devil group Laughing

Where do I sign up?

ST

MYGOLF
welcome Lee....looks like we just got another weekdays golf kaki. Very Happy
Lee36328

MYGOLF
For sure, Steven. Add me to the list of people to contact for weekday golf.

My most recent weekday golf outing is described here for our fellow kakis' reading pleasure.

http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3922

garcel

MYGOLF
garcel wrote:

Bloody hard apprently!!!

Shah.

Shah,

Many congrats on breaking 90! Wow, how does it feel? Next target, break 80 by year 3! Go man, go. You can do it.[/quote]

I dunno about breaking 80 man but as for now, still got a smile on my face mate Smile

Hybrid : Callaway Diablo H2
Iron : 4-AP Maruman Exim Nano 2
Wedge : Titleist Vokey 56deg
Putter : Scotty Cameron
Ball : everything goes
Lee36328

MYGOLF
garcel wrote:

I dunno about breaking 80 man but as for now, still got a smile on my face mate Smile

Yes, golf is one of the few things in life that can still make me smile and laugh like a kid, feelings I have long forgotten until recently.

As adults, we deal with sombre realities and responsibilities, and have no time for the inner child. Golf has brought him out in me again.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Sponsor
Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance