Home Forum Register Search Usergroups Contact Form Log in  
Menu
Home
Forum
Calendar
User Groups
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Contact Us
User Block
Username:

Password:

 Remember me



I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Forum Search

Advanced Search
Google Search
Custom Search
Statistics
We have 6727 registered users
The newest registered user is Ofismebarrob

Our users have posted a total of 106843 articles within 13865 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 305 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 303 Guests

Registered Users: hklam, mengsta

[ View complete list ]


Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Desaru Golf & Country Resort

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Desaru Golf & Country Resort
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 5169
Location: Petaling Jaya
3476 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Please share with us your experience and comment.

Desaru Golf & Country Resort
P.O. Box 26, Bandar Penawar
81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor.

Description: 18 Holes, 6043m, par 72
Tel: 07 - 822 2333


Last edited by gbrian on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by gbrianSend private message
nazbira
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Age: 40
Posts: 22
Location: Serdang-Bangsar-Serdang
12 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Played there on March...
what can i say is-----------terribble
View user's profileFind all posts by nazbiraSend private message
Sponsor
fribriz
Junior Member

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 12
9 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
LOL I second nazbira's opinion. Played in June 2009 - greens are totally unplayable. They don't cut the grass ... Although I like the course layout and scenery. It's a shame that they make no effort to maintain the greens to a playable standard.

_________________
“Putting is like wisdom - partly a natural gift and partly the accumulation of experience.” - Arnold Palmer
View user's profileFind all posts by fribrizSend private message
Denmeister
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Age: 44
Posts: 434
147 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Just to let all of you know, rumour has it that Desaru Golf will be closed soon. Not sure if it is true. Anyone able to verify?
View user's profileFind all posts by DenmeisterSend private message
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2880
1259 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Could this be the resurrected golf course?

I was in that corner of Johor last week and stumbled upon the site. According to the Pak Guard, 9 holes are being prepped for soft launch. 27 holes designed by Ernie Ells and Vijay Singh.



_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
Sponsor
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2880
1259 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
A big swath of ground has been dedicated as, I deduce, a nursery for greens' grass.


The Main Entrance


Green - WIP


Legacy from the old course - 'Golfer Crossing'


Last edited by AccidentalGolfer on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
freedrop
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Age: 63
Posts: 90
Location: Singapore/JB/Malacca
19 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
2 new courses will be opened at Desaru in 1-2 years time, one is 27-hole designed by Ernie Els, the other 18-holes designed by Vijay Singh.
View user's profileFind all posts by freedropSend private message
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2880
1259 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
freefrop,

Wow, 27+18 will be 45 holes?
I think you are right. I just kept on driving with no end in sight Shocked

_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2880
1259 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
A SMALL portion of the course...





_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
KZG2001
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 1145
461 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
AccidentalGolfer wrote:
A SMALL portion of the course...






Both the courses may not open to public as it'll be part of a 2 luxurious 6* hotel that is being built by khazanah. At least that's the plan at the moment.
View user's profileFind all posts by KZG2001Send private message
Sponsor
AccidentalGolfer
Moderator

Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 2880
1259 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
KZG2001 wrote:


Both the courses may not open to public as it'll be part of a 2 luxurious 6* hotel that is being built by khazanah. At least that's the plan at the moment.


6 stars ? No Chit!

_________________
Golfer psychology: “I know what I like, don’t confuse me with the facts.”
View user's profileFind all posts by AccidentalGolferSend private message
KZG2001
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 1145
461 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
AccidentalGolfer wrote:
KZG2001 wrote:


Both the courses may not open to public as it'll be part of a 2 luxurious 6* hotel that is being built by khazanah. At least that's the plan at the moment.


6 stars ? No Chit!



Apparently/obviously, it's targeted at the rich and famous....I'll give it a min of 2 to 3years before it's open to public. Then again it's khazanah, so they'd rather make a loss before than admit a mistake.
View user's profileFind all posts by KZG2001Send private message
freedrop
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Age: 63
Posts: 90
Location: Singapore/JB/Malacca
19 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Khazanah is targetting high end tourists and is positioing the Desaru Development like Nusa Dua, Bali. I think their main targets are Singaporeans. With the new Senai -Desaru highway, it cut short the journey from Singapore to Desaru by at least 1 hour. with the 3rd link coming up in future, Desaru will be even nearer from Singapore.

These will be resort courses so anyone with money can play. But like Horizon Hills, after a few years, they will have to face profit/loss realities. I just played H Hills yesterday, and I can tell you their service levels and quality of the fairways has already gone way downhill. They can take on Carlsberg Classic and yet tell players that they don't have enough caddies and the whole tournament sucks.

If Desaru goes up market, it will end up in same situations.
View user's profileFind all posts by freedropSend private message
KZG2001
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 1145
461 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
freedrop wrote:
Khazanah is targetting high end tourists and is positioing the Desaru Development like Nusa Dua, Bali. I think their main targets are Singaporeans. With the new Senai -Desaru highway, it cut short the journey from Singapore to Desaru by at least 1 hour. with the 3rd link coming up in future, Desaru will be even nearer from Singapore.

These will be resort courses so anyone with money can play. But like Horizon Hills, after a few years, they will have to face profit/loss realities. I just played H Hills yesterday, and I can tell you their service levels and quality of the fairways has already gone way downhill. They can take on Carlsberg Classic and yet tell players that they don't have enough caddies and the whole tournament sucks.

If Desaru goes up market, it will end up in same situations.


Nope...their main target is the Mainland Chinese but anyone with $$$ an willing to spend it will be welcomed.
View user's profileFind all posts by KZG2001Send private message
Denmeister
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 01 Aug 2010
Age: 44
Posts: 434
147 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
KZG2001 wrote:
freedrop wrote:
Khazanah is targetting high end tourists and is positioing the Desaru Development like Nusa Dua, Bali. I think their main targets are Singaporeans. With the new Senai -Desaru highway, it cut short the journey from Singapore to Desaru by at least 1 hour. with the 3rd link coming up in future, Desaru will be even nearer from Singapore.

These will be resort courses so anyone with money can play. But like Horizon Hills, after a few years, they will have to face profit/loss realities. I just played H Hills yesterday, and I can tell you their service levels and quality of the fairways has already gone way downhill. They can take on Carlsberg Classic and yet tell players that they don't have enough caddies and the whole tournament sucks.

If Desaru goes up market, it will end up in same situations.


Nope...their main target is the Mainland Chinese but anyone with $$$ an willing to spend it will be welcomed.


I beg to differ. I have recently played my maiden games in China. My God, the conditions are beautiful! I don't think the Chinese will want to play our courses. Wee are no where compared to their maintenance level.

The service level is also worlds apart!
View user's profileFind all posts by DenmeisterSend private message
Sponsor
Desaru Golf & Country Resort
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
All times are GMT + 8 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Calendar
<< December 2018 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Upcoming Events
- Titleist Velocity - Infused with Power Promotion
- - MST GOLFEST (6-9 Dec 2018)
Content © Malaysia Golfing Community
Maintained by gbrian © Mygolf.com.my