Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic A'Famosa Golf Resort

Goto page Previous  1, 2
PFD888

198 MYGOLF
YHL wrote:
Today, The Sun paper reported :

"Golfer in croc attack snaps up RM43,000 offer"

Full story from Bernama.com can be viewed here : http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=483138

I am wondering if the golf club has killed that buaya already...

The golfer bitten by the croc must be playing with an expensive golf ball. His ball was lost in danger croc zone yet he dared to enter, attempting to find it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
May be he was running out of ball and trying to get some from the pond Rolling Eyes
ST

884 MYGOLF
I think he was playing by the rules. Hit from where the ball lie rather than taking a drop.
Sponsor
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
ha ha. good one ST.
A Famosa
lohwy

36 MYGOLF
Dear fellow MGC members,
Anyone played there recently and appreciate your comments on course condition, cost and facilities.
xenoed

72 MYGOLF
had a chance to play at this course on last friday, 6/7/2012, 12.30pm
crocodile 9 & palm 9.

paid with AGSSG card RM96 incl. caddy (caddy is compulsory)

the course layout are interesting and beautiful i must say.
very undulating with side slope.
average par 5 are 500m++ and it provide few "tiger line" so it's possible to achieve 2 on for all par 5.
par 3 yardage is a bit misleading inaccurate, will require some experience to gauge.

i did purposely check out the hole 7 with crocodile attack! and haha... now i know why he got bitten... haha..

fairway condition is a bit bare and hard but acceptable
bunker is soft.
green speed is rather slow, my take is about 7.5.

sorry, china caddies no more, all gone back. (from what the marshal said, gone back 4 days before we arrived!)
so you only have Indonesian caddies, mostly from medan.
my caddy is a bit inexperience but nice temper.

overall, i enjoyed my game and i would go back again, to try to take out all the par 5 again Razz
Sponsor
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
YHL wrote:
Today, The Sun paper reported :

"Golfer in croc attack snaps up RM43,000 offer"

Full story from Bernama.com can be viewed here : http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=483138

I am wondering if the golf club has killed that buaya already...

The golfer bitten by the croc must be playing with an expensive golf ball. His ball was lost in danger croc zone yet he dared to enter, attempting to find it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Croc attack in Mexico.

According to Kathianne Boniello of the New York Post, a Long Island man is suing Iberostar Cancun Golf Club in Mexico after being attacked by a crocodile as he attempted to chip out of a bunker.

"She pulled me back and flipped me, and I went to the ground," said Edward Lunger, 50, of Holtsville. "The crocodile was holding me down, and I pulled myself out ... Iím thinking my whole hand is off. I couldnít feel my hand. It was like my whole body was on fire."

Lunger's friend and playing partner, Mark Martin, smashed the reptile's head with a rock and rushed Lunger to the hospital. He lost two fingers on his left hand.

His $2.25 million lawsuit accuses the club of introducing crocodiles to the course "as a marketing tourist attraction and hence profit-enhancing lure."

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2013/09/long-island-golfer-loses-fingers-to-crocodile.html?sct=hp10#ixzz2eGfCU5czy
Matta Fair
robinjaj

9 MYGOLF
Was at Matta fair over the weekend and picked up this promo with A Famosa. Green fee only RM 20. One still has to pay for buggy and caddy but I still think it is worth as RM 20 Green fee, RM 50 Buggy and RM 25 caddy. Totals to RM95 for 18 holes. not bad i think. I bought for me and my golf kaki. Any comments guys?
Re: Matta Fair
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
robinjaj wrote:
Was at Matta fair over the weekend and picked up this promo with A Famosa. Green fee only RM 20. One still has to pay for buggy and caddy but I still think it is worth as RM 20 Green fee, RM 50 Buggy and RM 25 caddy. Totals to RM95 for 18 holes. not bad i think. I bought for me and my golf kaki. Any comments guys?

my coments. if from kl, add in tolls and increased petrol hikes. no need pay caddy tips?
magic

2857 MYGOLF
played there during the ramadhan month, the course is in good shape, except some fairways are kinda dry. the green was moderate slow, but acceptable to me.
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
robinjaj

9 MYGOLF
geraldsaw wrote:
robinjaj wrote:

my coments. if from kl, add in tolls and increased petrol hikes. no need pay caddy tips?

I still think it is worth. I mean RM 95 and even if you add 20 tip per person still 115 lah. I reckon it is fine.
Sponsor
okwoon

367 MYGOLF
robinjaj wrote:
geraldsaw wrote:
robinjaj wrote:

I still think it is worth. I mean RM 95 and even if you add 20 tip per person still 115 lah. I reckon it is fine.

At RM95/pax, it is a good deal. I just played A'Famosa yesterday. The course conditions were good and well maintained. The only snag was the the greens were very slow. Maybe about 7 only.

Just outside the resort main entrance, there were durian stalls. A little futher down the road, a par 4 away on the right, was a durian orchard which also sold its durians. Enjoy !
robinjaj

9 MYGOLF
Played there yesterday(2/10/13). Played Crocodile and Rocky. Palm was closed.

Crocodile 9
Relatively well maintained. Some tee off box the worst I have seen!!!. Greens medium speed. It is a very challenging course.

Rocky 9
Well maintained. Fast green that can be very very deceiving.

Facilities
Good showers. Buggys are old and very very rackety. Sounds like a cicak living inside. Caddies are NOT available despite booking them. Was told that the caddies did not turn up for work. Then the other staff there told us that there is only 5 caddies.

Makan in Tampin after that. Not bad.

Good course and definitely will return for more games there.
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
robinjaj wrote:

Crocodile 9
Relatively well maintained. Some tee off box the worst I have seen!!!. Greens medium speed. It is a very challenging course.

Rocky 9

Facilities
Good showers. Buggys are old and very very rackety. Sounds like a cicak living inside. Caddies are NOT available despite booking them. Was told that the caddies did not turn up for work. Then the other staff there told us that there is only 5 caddies.

bro how much the rates now?
robinjaj

9 MYGOLF
geraldsaw wrote:
robinjaj wrote:

Crocodile 9

Rocky 9

Facilities

bro how much the rates now?

bought the promotion at matta fair. Green fees was RM 20 and buggy RM 50 each person.
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Anybody played here recently.
Any comments about the course, greens, shower facilities and whether they still have caddy shortage?
Sponsor
A'Famosa Golf Resort