In total there are 469 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 469 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1614 on Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Reply to topic Carey Island Golf Club

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
sinbad

9 MYGOLF
Carey Island is bellow sea level...which is why its hard for the fairway to dry up...go there and do check out Kang Guan Seafood...value for money after a round of golf
shaune

46 MYGOLF
after almost a year, gonna play there again this sat morning.....

i remember the 2nd nine is quite long, rough is knee high.... Sad
but this time wanna take pix of the famed bridge, built exactly like the one at St Andrews.....

TaylorMade Raylor 22*
Mizuno MX900 P-5i
Mizuno MPR 52*
Titlest Vokey 56*
Cleveland TA 60*
Mizuno Bettinardi 4*
Sponsor
bengjiun
Beginner

2 MYGOLF
I went there two weeks back..the 2nd 9 condition is quite bad, you can have roughs all over the fairway and lose ball easily....unfortuntely that day only 2nd 9 was open for public..and i think 1st 9 is in much better shape..enjoy ur game!
Weekend game
BenC

51 MYGOLF
Played there yesterday morning with a slight drizzle.Didn't realize til step on the 1st tee that the club had a 80yrs history in it.What can I say,it's a fully mature and friedly course.Fairways and greens are well kept.Even on Saturdays not much crowd very relax.Fresh new coat of paint and reno to the clubhse.Shower room is new and clean with hot water (beats Kinrara any time).Only complaint is that its a bit out of the way frm the main road but then the purpose is to have a game of golf .They are opened 7 days a weeks btw....... Laughing
krul86

85 MYGOLF
LATEST UPDATE:

I played there with my friends. Generally, it is a nice course, fairways & rough are in good standard, diff than previous years. Price is still the same, RM30 green fees + troley RM5 (optional), play as many u want until u drop. It is a 18-holes GC and very suitable for beginners & high handicapers. Even after rain during morning, the fairways n greens still OK. Below are the things that you sholud keep noted before playing here:

- Less people = relax = no rushing to play
- Fairways quite narrow, anticipate ur ball go to OB
- Some tee boxs are weird, suddenly on top of the hill + in front of tee box, there is a telecom cable that the ball need to pass before entering the fairway (lost confident to use driver)
- Becareful of certain longkang + small ponds hidden at both side of fairway & green = play safe
- Currently 18 holes are good condition, but 2nd 9 quite far, rent buggy to go to 10th tee box from clubhouse
- Certain holes, there is a road pass though the fairway. Looks stupid theoritically, but make sure no car pass by before u stroke at tee box
- There is no driving range, so go driving range 1 day before going here
- Best part, no Marshal = do whatever u want (shot as many u like using ur driver if u hate the previous shot, 5x pun ok)
- Bring lots of golf balls (used), no 'bola bungkus' selling nearby.
- Most people play 1st 9 2x rather than play both 1st n 2nd nine coz 2nd 9 is a long course, must very good on ur driver and long irons

ENJOY UR GAME!!
Sponsor
krul86

85 MYGOLF
Anybody play 2nd 9 at Carey Island..can give review on it (2011 review)? Izzit worth it to play there compare to play 1st 9 holes 2x? TQ
wealthraider

3 MYGOLF
I could relate some of my experience from my 1st visit to the course, which was some time end of September 2011. The weather during that period was quite wet but not as bad as recently. According the lady at the counter, there had been a heavy downpour the night before and the course could be a bit soggy. The general workers there told me it was flooded last night because of heavy rain. Since I have taken a long drive to the lonely golf course and the sky was quite sunny upon my arrival, I have decided to give it a try since it's only RM25.

I pulled the trolley to the very first tee box, stretched a bit before hitting it with my hybrid for a first Par 3. My ball was happily landed on the green and got a first Par of the day. Not bad for the first hole and I am quite satisfied with the condition of the first hole and the green speed was decent. After completing the first hole, I was looking around for the second Tee box where I have encountered some difficulties. I was wondering around from the first green and couldn't sight the second tee box. An old lady general worker who happened to be moving the lawn nearby pointed me to a direction with a short flight of staircase to the 2nd tee box. I picked up my driver from my bag, left the bag at the stairs and headed to the 2nd tee box. It was quite a thrill having to climb up a stone patched staircase walking on a narrow pathway next to the sea before reaching the 2nd Tee box. I was so worry about if any sea creatures or crocodile could suddenly jump up and grabbed me.

It's rather strange to see the set up of the 2nd hole. You will have to be careful enough not to hit the ball to the telephone cables that happened to be in the path of the ball flight. It's only about 10 to 15 ft away from the tee box if I could remember correctly. I was lucky enough to hit the ball over the cables and landed on the fairway. Once I have managed to land the ball on the green, there's where disappointment started to set in. The green was a bit poorly maintained and the bunkers are flooded. It was a bit soggy on the green and it didn't matter to read the green. Smile

After the 2nd hole, I couldn't find the 3rd Tee box after wondering around for 10 minutes. I have given up at the end and decided to start my practice chip shot on one of the green not that far from the club house. I have practiced for around an hour before decided it's time to leave and the sky turned cloudy. I was a bit worry about getting stuck in the place because of heavy rain that causing the flood.

The locker room was very impressive though. They have the smart lock type of lockers where you could just lightly touch the magnetic wrist band provided and the locker will unlock. The shower room is newly renovated and very clean.

I would say it's a very relaxing place to practice short game but not a place for those who are serious on score keeping.
fazlang
Beginner

1 MYGOLF
Played last week, 1st time for me & friend.
Was confused where 2nd tee box, second green & 3rd tee box was until one of players behind me pointed it out (they played thru and we just follow behind..)
Aside from this other flite, looked like no one else there!

For the price and atmosphere, pulau carey is brilliant.
Had a shock when used the toilet washroom. Was expecting a real brick outhouse...
From the brick exterior i was afraid it would dank & dingy.
When opened the door, was greeted by cold airconditioning and the most modern looking shower room i have ever seen in any golf course. All glass & everything. Squeaky clean!

Arrived quite late so didnt manage to finish 9 holes (only upto hole 7).
Plan to revisit sometime soon...
faizazali

15 MYGOLF
minimum player duirng weekend? or 1 person also can?
View user's profileFind all posts by faizazaliSend private messageYahoo Messenger
krul86

85 MYGOLF
Should be no problem for that...coz this course is not so strict like other golf courses. But make sure when u play 1 ball,do not give so much pressure on the flight (3-4 person) in front of u since u play faster than them...just play relax!
Sponsor
fareed
Don Committee (2011)

186 MYGOLF
i would recommend to play at least 2 ball .. at least u wont be too lonely out there

supermozz

18 MYGOLF
hey guys, can someone help me out with a contact to ask about this carey island golf course? the number on the front page has changed i think.

Also, do they have buggy for rent now? or its still walking course?

thanks guys
krul86

85 MYGOLF
1st nine only walking course...2nd nine got option to use buggy or walking...better use buggy coz is far from the clubhouse. Not sure wat price of the buggy.

Bout the contact no., i don't think they have. if they have it, still the one jaga the counter is an auntie india, not sure if she can communicate English well.

Generally, this course is not like other GC like UPM, Saujana or Bangi. If u played before at UNITEN, maybe almost like that, except their course is flat but narrow fairway on certain holes. Assume that this course is suitable for beginners as training course. Their GC is still good condition especially on green (Not so fast like Impian). Fairway is cowgrass but rough little bit thicker. Tee box also looks weird on certain holes (Hole 2,3,4,9).

TQ
oneblack
Beginner

1 MYGOLF
Bro...please advise the fees there..

Really excited to try CIGC...

Tq..

9 MYGOLF
oneblack wrote:
Bro...please advise the fees there..

Really excited to try CIGC...

Tq..

Played there two weeks ago. Fees are RM30 for all-day golf and RM5 for trolley rental. Another RM30 for second nine buggy rental is strongly recommended.
Sponsor
Carey Island Golf Club