Home Forum Register Search Usergroups Contact Form Log in  
Menu
Home
Forum
Calendar
User Groups
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Contact Us
User Block
Username:

Password:

 Remember me



I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Forum Search

Advanced Search
Google Search
Custom Search
Statistics
We have 6895 registered users
The newest registered user is Marisatub

Our users have posted a total of 107343 articles within 14084 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 435 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 435 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]


Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic Extremely bad experience with Coach at Kinrara Golf Club

Extremely bad experience with Coach at Kinrara Golf Club
jeehuei
Beginner

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 25 Jul 2016
Age: 39
Posts: 5
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Engaged with Coach Omar Noor somewhere last Sept and signed up 10 lessons with him and another buddy. First few lessons were fine until he keeps MIA for our classes probably over 5 times for now and we still haven't go to the greens (as part of the package sign up). Excuses not turning up (last minute call up) includes tyre puncture, mix up of slot, his relative is sick, etc. Last appointment with him suppose to go to greens for last lesson but he switched off his phone and left uncontactable. Checked with the staff at the driving range and he did mention of simliar complaints of his other students that he goes MIA.

Is there any way I get my money back or report him? Don't want any more victims falling for him.
View user's profileFind all posts by jeehueiSend private messageSend e-mail
gordon042
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2012
Age: 38
Posts: 353
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Is he the resident pro there?

_________________
Driver: Ping G410 - 10.5*
Hybrid: XXIO X Hybrid (4)
Irons: Titleist TMB 718
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Evnroll ER5
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
View user's profileFind all posts by gordon042Send private message
Sponsor
jeehuei
Beginner

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 25 Jul 2016
Age: 39
Posts: 5
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Yes he is the resident pro coach there.
View user's profileFind all posts by jeehueiSend private messageSend e-mail
simivan
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Posts: 2406
Location: Kuching
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
jeehuei wrote:
Yes he is the resident pro coach there.


since he is the resident pro attached with the club, would suggest you write in a letter of complaint to the club on your bad experience and copy it to PGM (Professional Golfers Malaysia) - he should also be registered with them to be able to teach professionally.
View user's profileFind all posts by simivanSend private messageSend e-mail
magic
Moderator

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Age: 42
Posts: 5959
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
go to the club to complain about it. this is a must, to prevent other from being cheated again

btw, how much you paid for the 10 lessons package?
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sponsor
gordon042
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2012
Age: 38
Posts: 353
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
jeehuei wrote:
Yes he is the resident pro coach there.


Echo what Ivan and Magic have said. Definitely make a complaint to the club.

_________________
Driver: Ping G410 - 10.5*
Hybrid: XXIO X Hybrid (4)
Irons: Titleist TMB 718
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Evnroll ER5
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
View user's profileFind all posts by gordon042Send private message
jeehuei
Beginner

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 25 Jul 2016
Age: 39
Posts: 5
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
OK. Thanks for the heads up.

I paid RM 750/ pax for 10 lessons including 1 green (for 2 signing up) and was asked to pay another RM 50 after that for additional one class since I was one ahead than my buddy at start. He wanted us to be there same time.

In fact, he did ask me to pay for the green fees last Thursday (which eventually he didn't show up) and I refused saying that it's already in the package. Reason given was he didn't have the money to pay as some students owe him money so he make a deal I pay this time and I get another green lesson for free. I was furious and didn't ask how much. He brushed it off after that and say it's fine he will pay but at the end didn't show up and switched off the phone. Didn't call me back though till date.

magic wrote:
go to the club to complain about it. this is a must, to prevent other from being cheated again

btw, how much you paid for the 10 lessons package?
View user's profileFind all posts by jeehueiSend private messageSend e-mail
jeehuei
Beginner

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 25 Jul 2016
Age: 39
Posts: 5
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
I have messaged the club via official FB but I guess I would need to write up that letter as you said.

How do I get the PGM contact? Yes, he did show me the member card when I registered but I don't have his membership ID. Just his name, Omar Noor.


simivan wrote:
jeehuei wrote:
Yes he is the resident pro coach there.


since he is the resident pro attached with the club, would suggest you write in a letter of complaint to the club on your bad experience and copy it to PGM (Professional Golfers Malaysia) - he should also be registered with them to be able to teach professionally.
View user's profileFind all posts by jeehueiSend private messageSend e-mail
simivan
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Posts: 2406
Location: Kuching
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
jeehuei wrote:
I have messaged the club via official FB but I guess I would need to write up that letter as you said.

How do I get the PGM contact? Yes, he did show me the member card when I registered but I don't have his membership ID. Just his name, Omar Noor.


simivan wrote:
jeehuei wrote:
Yes he is the resident pro coach there.


since he is the resident pro attached with the club, would suggest you write in a letter of complaint to the club on your bad experience and copy it to PGM (Professional Golfers Malaysia) - he should also be registered with them to be able to teach professionally.


Go to the pgm website or blog spot the contact is there.
View user's profileFind all posts by simivanSend private messageSend e-mail
simivan
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Posts: 2406
Location: Kuching
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
http://www.pgaofmalaysia.com/contact.html
View user's profileFind all posts by simivanSend private messageSend e-mail
Sponsor
magic
Moderator

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Age: 42
Posts: 5959
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
750 for 10 lessons, with 1 on course lesson is dirt cheap. that's how he actually found out it couldn't get him the profit, at later he FFK you.


My advise to you is, obtain the golf lesson from the very reputable coach, best is by reference from those experienced golf.

do some assessment before you decide on it.

just to let you know, the lesson fee usually is from RM200 and above. some could be cheap, but like I said, you have to assess it thoroughly.

Private golf club usually has a better quality of instructor, because the club really concern about the reputation.

Btw, do you really pickup the golf skill from that coach?
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
simivan
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Age: 64
Posts: 2406
Location: Kuching
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
magic wrote:
750 for 10 lessons, with 1 on course lesson is dirt cheap. that's how he actually found out it couldn't get him the profit, at later he FFK you.


My advise to you is, obtain the golf lesson from the very reputable coach, best is by reference from those experienced golf.

do some assessment before you decide on it.

just to let you know, the lesson fee usually is from RM200 and above. some could be cheap, but like I said, you have to assess it thoroughly.

Private golf club usually has a better quality of instructor, because the club really concern about the reputation.

Btw, do you really pickup the golf skill from that coach?


the famous quote again - you pay peanuts, you get m....

usually when something is too cheap or too good to be true, it usually is otherwise

as Magic said - in this present economy and everything already naik harga - even @ 200 per lesson, I believe a lot of teaching golf pros would be struggling to make a decent living and may need to Uber part time as well
View user's profileFind all posts by simivanSend private messageSend e-mail
jeehuei
Beginner

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 25 Jul 2016
Age: 39
Posts: 5
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
i guess that quote is exactly right. well went to the nearest range from my house so didn't survey around that time.

Now being lessons learnt, way of warning all newbies out there not to engage in such peanuts for monkeys.


simivan wrote:
magic wrote:
750 for 10 lessons, with 1 on course lesson is dirt cheap. that's how he actually found out it couldn't get him the profit, at later he FFK you.


My advise to you is, obtain the golf lesson from the very reputable coach, best is by reference from those experienced golf.

do some assessment before you decide on it.

just to let you know, the lesson fee usually is from RM200 and above. some could be cheap, but like I said, you have to assess it thoroughly.

Private golf club usually has a better quality of instructor, because the club really concern about the reputation.

Btw, do you really pickup the golf skill from that coach?


the famous quote again - you pay peanuts, you get m....

usually when something is too cheap or too good to be true, it usually is otherwise

as Magic said - in this present economy and everything already naik harga - even @ 200 per lesson, I believe a lot of teaching golf pros would be struggling to make a decent living and may need to Uber part time as well
View user's profileFind all posts by jeehueiSend private messageSend e-mail
Extremely bad experience with Coach at Kinrara Golf Club
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
All times are GMT + 8 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Calendar
<< October 2020 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Upcoming Events
None
Content © Malaysia Golfing Community
Maintained by gbrian © Mygolf.com.my