Home Forum Register Search Usergroups Contact Form Log in  
Menu
Home
Forum
Calendar
User Groups
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Contact Us
User Block
Username:

Password:

 Remember me



I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Forum Search

Advanced Search
Google Search
Custom Search
Statistics
We have 6850 registered users
The newest registered user is josefinary16

Our users have posted a total of 107343 articles within 14084 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 474 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 474 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]


Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic sold

Goto page 1, 2  Next
sold
golferK2K
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 69
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
sold.


Last edited by golferK2K on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profileFind all posts by golferK2KSend private message
pughdog
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 14
Location: Putrajaya
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Wow, RM150 for a free shirt?

_________________
www.pughdog.com
View user's profileFind all posts by pughdogSend private message
Sponsor
golferK2K
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 69
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
---


Last edited by golferK2K on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by golferK2KSend private message
golferK2K
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 69
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
pughdog wrote:
Wow, RM150 for a free shirt?


pughdog,

clearly you didn't THINK through before posting a comment.

before you make such harsh comment please understand a few points in which i am going to list down below:

1) it WASN'T free. i got 2 shirts for 4 days of volunteering WORK in CIMB classic 2015. I only needed 1 and hence selling off the extra.

2) J.Lindeberg jersey retail for 60 pounds on their official website, and they are priced around RM250 in Malaysia retail stores. Is RM150 too much to ask for a brand new with tag, J.Lindeberg jersey?

3) I don't think you can find any CIMB Classic J.Lindeberg jerseys in the retail stores.
View user's profileFind all posts by golferK2KSend private message
pughdog
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 14
Location: Putrajaya
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Kheng32, I always think before posting.

Maybe there are a few points I should also list below:

1) Sorry, I didn't introduce myself in my earlier post, my name is Nick Pugh, I am the Volunteer Chairman for the CIMB Classic 2015. Myself and Emma Pye have run the Volunteer program for the last 3 years. I have been involved in the event now for 5 years.

2) This year we had 450+ volunteers sign up for the CIMB Classic. Every one of them works hard, the tournament could not happen without them and we appreciate everything they do. Volunteers who register all 4 days do receive 2 shirts as you correctly state. You are the first volunteer I have ever heard of that only needed 1 shirt for all 4 days of volunteering. I applaud your determination to wash and dry your shirt each evening to wear again the next day in order to preserve your second shirt for resale.

3) You are also correct in stating that the J Lindeberg CIMB Classic Volunteer shirt is not available in any shops. This shirt is only available to Volunteers during the tournament each year. I often bump into volunteers from the event throughout the year and sometimes they are even wearing their shirt with pride, it's a symbol of their hard work during that week and shows that they were part of the team that helped run such a great event in Malaysia. For that reason I'm surprised that you would be willing to part with your shirt, especially to sell it to a non volunteer.

4) Of course there is nothing to stop you selling an item once it belongs to you. However, the shirts, caps, umbrellas, ponchos, sunscreen, refreshments, etc that the volunteers receive during the week are intended to be used during the tournament. The sponsors provide them for the comfort and enjoyment of the volunteers. The ethics of profitting from a sponsors generosity is perhaps questionable.

Anyway, I wish you luck with your sale. Apologies if you felt my original comment was harsh, I don't believe it was.

_________________
www.pughdog.com
View user's profileFind all posts by pughdogSend private message
Sponsor
golferK2K
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 69
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
pughdog wrote:
Kheng32, I always think before posting.

Maybe there are a few points I should also list below:

1) Sorry, I didn't introduce myself in my earlier post, my name is Nick Pugh, I am the Volunteer Chairman for the CIMB Classic 2015. Myself and Emma Pye have run the Volunteer program for the last 3 years. I have been involved in the event now for 5 years.

2) This year we had 450+ volunteers sign up for the CIMB Classic. Every one of them works hard, the tournament could not happen without them and we appreciate everything they do. Volunteers who register all 4 days do receive 2 shirts as you correctly state. You are the first volunteer I have ever heard of that only needed 1 shirt for all 4 days of volunteering. I applaud your determination to wash and dry your shirt each evening to wear again the next day in order to preserve your second shirt for resale.

3) You are also correct in stating that the J Lindeberg CIMB Classic Volunteer shirt is not available in any shops. This shirt is only available to Volunteers during the tournament each year. I often bump into volunteers from the event throughout the year and sometimes they are even wearing their shirt with pride, it's a symbol of their hard work during that week and shows that they were part of the team that helped run such a great event in Malaysia. For that reason I'm surprised that you would be willing to part with your shirt, especially to sell it to a non volunteer.

4) Of course there is nothing to stop you selling an item once it belongs to you. However, the shirts, caps, umbrellas, ponchos, sunscreen, refreshments, etc that the volunteers receive during the week are intended to be used during the tournament. The sponsors provide them for the comfort and enjoyment of the volunteers. The ethics of profitting from a sponsors generosity is perhaps questionable.

Anyway, I wish you luck with your sale. Apologies if you felt my original comment was harsh, I don't believe it was.




I take back my words for being overly sensitive to your comment, my apologies, Nick.

Yes, you are right on the ethics is questionable but I believe it is subjective.

I did not have the intention to sell off the shirt initially. I would keep the shirt for my own usage, given that the size of the shirt fits me perfectly.

I planned to wear each shirt for two consecutive days and I took only one small sized shirt on the first day of the event. When I asked for another shirt on the third day, I was told that small sized shirts are out of stock. Much to my disappointment, I took a medium sized shirt instead, but the shirt fits way too loosely on me after trying it, thus the thought of selling off the shirt.
View user's profileFind all posts by golferK2KSend private message
pughdog
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 14
Location: Putrajaya
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Kheng32, this is a long shot but may I suggest that you try posting on the CIMB Classic Volunteers page on Facebook. Perhaps you will find someone willing to swap their small shirt for your medium one.

I'm really surprised that we managed to run out of small shirts as early as Saturday morning as many of our volunteers gave us feedback that the sizing was a little on the small side. J Lindeberg is, as you know, a European company so their sizing was a little different to previous apparel suppliers. Wherever possible we do try to supply the correct size shirts for all of our volunteers, I apologise that we were not able to do so on this occasion.

After my earlier comment on Volunteers wearing their shirt with pride I ran into 2 vollies today at Sungai Long Golf Club, both were wearing their CIMB Classic Volunteer shirt Very Happy

_________________
www.pughdog.com
View user's profileFind all posts by pughdogSend private message
golferK2K
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Posts: 69
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
pughdog wrote:
Kheng32, this is a long shot but may I suggest that you try posting on the CIMB Classic Volunteers page on Facebook. Perhaps you will find someone willing to swap their small shirt for your medium one.

I'm really surprised that we managed to run out of small shirts as early as Saturday morning as many of our volunteers gave us feedback that the sizing was a little on the small side. J Lindeberg is, as you know, a European company so their sizing was a little different to previous apparel suppliers. Wherever possible we do try to supply the correct size shirts for all of our volunteers, I apologise that we were not able to do so on this occasion.

After my earlier comment on Volunteers wearing their shirt with pride I ran into 2 vollies today at Sungai Long Golf Club, both were wearing their CIMB Classic Volunteer shirt Very Happy



That's a good idea, Nick. I never thought of it! I will try asking the members on the page for a swap as well.

Great to hear that fellow vollies are still wearing their volunteer shirt with pride! Well I still wear mine when I'm in the course and also at driving range! Smile

I could be wrong on this, but I guess the problem for the shortage of small sizes arose when some volunteers, upon registering for their attendance in the morning, choose the sizes which are different than they had on the online application. Perhaps you and the committee can look into the matter to see any better changes could be made for the next coming event.
View user's profileFind all posts by golferK2KSend private message
Why
zool
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 217
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Nick, why is profiting from the sale of this shirt questionable? Unless its specifically stated to the volunters that all items are not to be sold then it is. Once its given for use during the tournament and i believe after the tournament all items are now owned by the volunteers. If anyone wants to sell i believe its their right. Pride doesnt pay bills and kheng already has one shirt for this expression.

_________________
________________
Driver: Taylormade M1 (440cc) 9.5deg, Fubuki K 60s
Woods: Taylormade M1 15deg, AD-DJ 60s
Hybrid: TEE XCG7 19deg, Tour AD-DI 75s
Irons: Epon 701, KBS Tour-V 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist SM6 50.08, 56.10, 60.12 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2 355gm
Balls: TM TP5x
View user's profileFind all posts by zoolSend private message
greennnn
Beginner

Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Age: 35
Posts: 7
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
I think Nick has explained clearly why he thinks profiteering from such sale is questionable, as seen in paragraph 4 of his comment above.

It is indeed true that pride does not pay bills but does Kheng need such sale to pay his bills to start with?

Btw, how come I don't see/hear of anyone selling CIMB Classic 2014 volunteer's t-shirt? Is it cos it's PGA Tour and not J. Lindeburg? Smile

In any event this is a WTS post, wish you all the best in your sale - it's a pity you wanted a size smaller as I have a size bigger (L) which I wish to swap with a M! (my tag's still on too)
View user's profileFind all posts by greennnnSend private message
Sponsor
Re: Why
pughdog
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 14
Location: Putrajaya
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
zool wrote:
Nick, why is profiting from the sale of this shirt questionable? Unless its specifically stated to the volunters that all items are not to be sold then it is. Once its given for use during the tournament and i believe after the tournament all items are now owned by the volunteers. If anyone wants to sell i believe its their right. Pride doesnt pay bills and kheng already has one shirt for this expression.


Zool, Let's agree to disagree then.

I looked up the word volunteer:

The noun,

"a ​person who does something, ​especially ​helping other ​people, willingly and without being ​forced or ​paid to do it."

Or the verb,

"to ​offer to do something that you do not have to do, often without having been ​asked to do it and/or without ​expecting ​payment."

You are correct, pride does not pay the bills, but nor does volunteering bro, I don't think that's a valid point.

_________________
www.pughdog.com
View user's profileFind all posts by pughdogSend private message
Why
zool
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 217
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
End of the day there is nothing he signed that doesn't allow for him to sell the items. I've seen other people in uk and USA do the same too. So again why questionable. Anyways that's all I have to say.

_________________
________________
Driver: Taylormade M1 (440cc) 9.5deg, Fubuki K 60s
Woods: Taylormade M1 15deg, AD-DJ 60s
Hybrid: TEE XCG7 19deg, Tour AD-DI 75s
Irons: Epon 701, KBS Tour-V 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist SM6 50.08, 56.10, 60.12 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2 355gm
Balls: TM TP5x
View user's profileFind all posts by zoolSend private message
Downhill
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Age: 33
Posts: 243
Location: JOhor Bahru
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
i'm laughing thinking about the idea of buying this shirt from you and wearing it and having people think I volunteered. Then I got to tell everyone I did not volunteer and i just bought it off a guy online....
View user's profileFind all posts by DownhillSend private message
Re: Why
pughdog
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 14
Location: Putrajaya
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
zool wrote:
End of the day there is nothing he signed that doesn't allow for him to sell the items. I've seen other people in uk and USA do the same too. So again why questionable. Anyways that's all I have to say.


You're correct Zool, no contract was signed but because other people have done it elsewhere does that make it correct? That's a slippery slope we're getting on to there. I'd like to think "He did it so I can do it" is an argument more likely to be heard in the playground than on a golf forum with adults discussing golf.

Ok, hypothetically, let me ask this question then...

Volunteers during events like this receive a number of items to make their volunteering experience more pleasant. Shirts are just one of the items that we, the Volunteer organisers and sponsors try to provide for the comfort and uniformly of the entire volunteering group. But where do we draw the line with what can be deemed acceptable for a volunteer to accept for use only then to offer for resale?

For example, during this last event volunteers received an umbrella if they were to be outside and possibly stood in the direct sunlight for long periods of time. Is it ok to sell that too?

How about the quiet please signs? Or the sunscreen administered each day? Or the food & beverage?

My point is, very few of these items are deemed worthy of resale so of course it's doubtful that any volunteer would try to sell them. But as greennnn stated, if this years shirts were not supplied by J Lindeberg would this item have ended up in the for sale section of this forum? This conversation has transcended beyond Kheng32 and whether his shirt is too big. We are now discussing ethics and what is deemed acceptable to one and not to another. But hey, that's what forums are for right? Wink

_________________
www.pughdog.com
View user's profileFind all posts by pughdogSend private message
pughdog
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Age: 45
Posts: 14
Location: Putrajaya
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Safari wrote:
i'm laughing thinking about the idea of buying this shirt from you and wearing it and having people think I volunteered. Then I got to tell everyone I did not volunteer and i just bought it off a guy online....


I think this shirt is becoming quite famous. I may have inadvertently driven up the demand for it Laughing

Better still Safari why not sign up for the next event and actually volunteer* Wink It's a wonderful experience, very rewarding and you get to see some fantastic golfers up close and be part of the action. The EurAsia Cup is just around the corner.....

* Warning - blatant recruitment

_________________
www.pughdog.com
View user's profileFind all posts by pughdogSend private message
Sponsor
sold
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
All times are GMT + 8 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Calendar
<< October 2020 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Upcoming Events
None
Content © Malaysia Golfing Community
Maintained by gbrian © Mygolf.com.my