We have 6851 registered users
The newest registered user is TammyMoott

Our users have posted a total of 107351 articles within 14090 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 394 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 394 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 2141 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Reply to topic Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!
Nyc2014

15 MYGOLF
Hi there, anyone know is there any cheap golf course for beginner to play for 1-2 months (intensive training) at affordable price (below rm100 if possible)? Planned to play everyday. Can be in any Asia country...kindly provide the name of the course. Thanks a lot!!
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Padang golf upm.
Can walk 9 holes every weekday mornings.
Even with buggy (twin share) 18 holes only 65.
Also PD outside the Korean season also very cheap and quiet.
Sponsor
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Another possibility is uniten.
This is only 9 holes short and walking only no buggy.
Cheap can play whole day unlimited golf.
Good for practice chips pitching and irons. Greens also very good better than a lot of 18 holes around. Also train stamina and get fit up and down the hilly course.
Over in Sarawak Damai beach also a quiet course good for beginners.
Re: Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!
okwoon

367 MYGOLF
Nyc2014 wrote:
Hi there, anyone know is there any cheap golf course for beginner to play for 1-2 months (intensive training) at affordable price (below rm100 if possible)? Planned to play everyday. Can be in any Asia country...kindly provide the name of the course. Thanks a lot!!

I note some key words here....beginner...play for 1-2 months...intensive training...play everyday

Good to see you are so resolved to become a better golfer... Not sure if you have some others to play with you.

Suppose no one else is so free to play with you and you thus DIY. Then as a beginner and without any guidance on the course, how are you to learn about playing golf by yourself? The intensive training you want may, pardon me, become reinforcing daily all the wrong things throughout the period. Repeating them for 1-2 months turn them into habits.

But even if you have someone to play with you, it remains a question whether that someone is capable to help you in the training. Take more lightheartedly that the higher a person's handicap is, the more qualified he feels he is to teach. Just observe what happens at the driving range. Sorry and please forgive the pun.

If you are willing to spend money by going any where in Asia, why not use the money to be spent (airfare n accomodation) on a program with a pro or academy here. Your intensive training as such on a daily basis for 1-2 month will likely effectively yield the very positive results you are looking for: ie to be a better golfer.

My 2sen thot.

15 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Padang golf upm.
Can walk 9 holes every weekday mornings.
Even with buggy (twin share) 18 holes only 65.
Also PD outside the Korean season also very cheap and quiet.

Thanks for the info!! Smile Is it possible to play alone or must be at least 2 pax to go?
Can I have more details on the PD Korean season thing?
Sponsor
Re: Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!
Nyc2014

15 MYGOLF
okwoon wrote:
Nyc2014 wrote:

I note some key words here....beginner...play for 1-2 months...intensive training...play everyday

Good to see you are so resolved to become a better golfer... Not sure if you have some others to play with you.

Suppose no one else is so free to play with you and you thus DIY. Then as a beginner and without any guidance on the course, how are you to learn about playing golf by yourself? The intensive training you want may, pardon me, become reinforcing daily all the wrong things throughout the period. Repeating them for 1-2 months turn them into habits.

But even if you have someone to play with you, it remains a question whether that someone is capable to help you in the training. Take more lightheartedly that the higher a person's handicap is, the more qualified he feels he is to teach. Just observe what happens at the driving range. Sorry and please forgive the pun.

If you are willing to spend money by going any where in Asia, why not use the money to be spent (airfare n accomodation) on a program with a pro or academy here. Your intensive training as such on a daily basis for 1-2 month will likely effectively yield the very positive results you are looking for: ie to be a better golfer.

My 2sen thot.

Thanks for your advice. I agreed with you that without guidance there's no way to lower my handicap. I've got 2 coaches before, in malaysia and singapore, and I've got my cousin which is a single handicapper to play with me sometimes. What I'm lack of now is the experience on green accordingly to coaches. That's why I'm looking for a affordable course for me to play hopefully everyday to lower my handicap Smile
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Yes a cunning plan.
Masquerade as a Korean join in their season here they play whole day b
"Buffet" golf.
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Played at Harvard today and even on a friday was not that crowded.
Expect weekdays would be even quieter.
But saw a few Koreans already.
laser

256 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Good for practice chips pitching and irons. Greens also very good better than a lot of 18 holes around. Also train stamina and get fit up and down the hilly course.

wahhh really? that's great compliment!

But frankly, it has improved from 2 months ago, I just got back from injury today & was amazed how much faster it is now!

@nyc2014 ... sound like ur not m'sian (eg any asia country??), maybe from new york or nayeon choi's fan? Anyway, out here you can walk alone, no problem. Else there's always someone there who'll be happy to join up. Strictly walking & no caddies; trolleys available for rent. Cheap & no frills (have hot water shower, don't worry!) Last year, a Korean couple hired a driver to ferry them from the Balakong daily to Uniten for 2 months Wink There are a few pros who bring their students here for lessons too ... ranging from absolute beginners to budding pros

btw, wat's ur handicap??

I forgot ... you can take up monthly membership for less than RM200 a month ... not sure but iirc RM180 ... haha did i say cheap??
Nyc2014

15 MYGOLF
laser wrote:
simivan wrote:

wahhh really? that's great compliment!

But frankly, it has improved from 2 months ago, I just got back from injury today & was amazed how much faster it is now!

@nyc2014 ... sound like ur not m'sian (eg any asia country??), maybe from new york or nayeon choi's fan? Anyway, out here you can walk alone, no problem. Else there's always someone there who'll be happy to join up. Strictly walking & no caddies; trolleys available for rent. Cheap & no frills (have hot water shower, don't worry!) Last year, a Korean couple hired a driver to ferry them from the Balakong daily to Uniten for 2 months Wink There are a few pros who bring their students here for lessons too ... ranging from absolute beginners to budding pros

btw, wat's ur handicap??

I forgot ... you can take up monthly membership for less than RM200 a month ... not sure but iirc RM180 ... haha did i say cheap??

haha nah..i'm msian Smile how much to pay for green in Uniten if i take up monthly membership? handicap 15 but meet bottleneck recently...that's why need a place for intensive training。
Sponsor
simivan

706 MYGOLF
You take the monthly membership then.
Play free everyday (closed tuesdays I think) so if play 20 rounds a month less than 10 ringgit per day/round.
If hcp 15 good place to sharpen short game and irons.
No need bring full set get a small carry bag or a trolley pull a smaller bag. May not even need a driver just a wood or favorite hybrid a few pcs of mid irons PW sw and putter or you can vary your clubs around practice different shots. I usually just bring a hybrid or 4i an 8i a sw and putter only some old balls a rag and water in a shopping bag.
Not sure if monthly member can join their monthly medals if can a bonus.
For driver continue practice at range and go to a full course from time to time like upm danau krpm Krtu etc to get real driver practice on narrow wide and all kinds of fairways.
Nyc2014

15 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Play free everyday (closed tuesdays I think) so if play 20 rounds a month less than 10 ringgit per day/round.
No need bring full set get a small carry bag or a trolley pull a smaller bag. May not even need a driver just a wood or favorite hybrid a few pcs of mid irons PW sw and putter or you can vary your clubs around practice different shots. I usually just bring a hybrid or 4i an 8i a sw and putter only some old balls a rag and water in a shopping bag.
For driver continue practice at range and go to a full course from time to time like upm danau krpm Krtu etc to get real driver practice on narrow wide and all kinds of fairways.

Can I check with you the 9 holes Uniten course got par 5 hole?
laser

256 MYGOLF
Got ... 1 & only 1 par 5 Laughing hehe how long & straight is your drive? fairway wood can do 180-200m? Easy bird opp for long hitters

when I first started playing there I made myself a map of the course & shared it here... near the bottom of the page

wahhh 15 hcapper ... respect! You should find some good company there at that level, even got many singles. If you're up for it, we have a medal next sunday 21st morning RM100 open to public, I think system 36 stableford
laser

256 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:

Yes, Ivan that's a good practice strategy. If practice driver, can 1-on the par 4s ... if long (~220-240m) & accurate Laughing

No, mthly member cannot play medals Sad
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Yes got one par 5 four par 4 and four par 3 so play to par 33 only for 9 and 66 for 18 if not mistaken.
First hole short par 4 a bit challenging tee off from near the small clubhouse downhill either cross the small pond or layup with a short iron before the pond and a wedge to an uphill green. Long hitters can try drive the green.
Second hole another short par 4 but very wide fairway can also drive another elevated green.
Third is a short par 3 from 9i or 8i over to elevated green but bit downhill from tee box.
Fourth is a longer par 3 criss cross back over 3rd from 7i or longer.
Fifth is a slightly longer par 4 which criss cross the par 5 7th so take extra care for stray balls. Not easy to put gir as very tough green protected by bunkers.
6th is the longest par 3 may need a long iron or hybrid for some and another tricky green.
7th is the only par 5 not really long can put on in two if your drive carry the hill criss crossing the 5th shared fairway but depend on your lie usually sloping the approach to another tough but not elevated green this time over water can mean trouble. Not an easy par 5 to par or birdie.
8th is the shortest par 3 just a sw or controlled pitch easy green can try walk away with birdie or par.
The last hole a par 4 can also be reached by the long hitters but again another tough green which is quite sloping and depend on pin position three and even four putts possible.
Each hole have two pins or flags whites and blues and i think you play to blue on outward or first nine and whites on second.
Sponsor
Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!