Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic Monterez Golf & Country Club

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Monterez Golf & Country Club
WaiHong aka Aeson

140 MYGOLF
Please share with us your experience and comment.

1, Jalan Merah Kesumba U9/18, Seksyen U9, Shah Alam
40000 Selangor, Malaysia

Description: 18 Holes, 5699m, par 71.
Tel: 03-7846 5989
Fax: 03 - 7846 7881
Web: http://www.monterez-golf.com
course layout: http://www.monterez-golf.com/golfing.htm#

Last edited by WaiHong aka Aeson on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
wisher
Beginner

4 MYGOLF
I give 3 stars.
Overall not bad...but a bit dangerous course, you might get hit by balls from opposite fairways...

Not recommended for beginners. You might hit somebody there.
Sponsor
jonchia

56 MYGOLF
I agree with Wisher.

Dangerous course overall, as fairway is tight along each other. However, good place to get preview of next hole since it's spaced so closely.

For beginners, try to tee off early morning. The place is packed for afternoon tee off and weekends.
harimau

374 MYGOLF
lousy green....lousy course. bad maintainance....lost my temper when i'm playing there...broke my putter because of that.... Twisted Evil

Driver: Callaway BB460
Fairway Wood: Pro-Slique 5
Iron: Mizuno MX-19 4 - S
Wedge: PerryGear SatinForged 56 degree
Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2 ball
Ball: Titleist Pro V1/V1x, Callaway HX Tour, Titleist DT Carry, all other expensive balls.
Monterez
Croc

9 MYGOLF
Quite an interesting course. Not too hard but like Wisher mentioned, better watch out for them flying balls. Funny thing is that it happens so often that sometimes people just don't shout "Fore" eventhough their flightmates hit a wayward shot.

Also, because the holes are situated to near to each other, you can sometimes hear people talking while you are about to take your shot. If those don't bother you then it's a decent course overall. Well maintained fairways and greens and the bathrooms are clean.

-Croc-
Sponsor
ranjitooi
Beginner

3 MYGOLF
Golf is a mental game.
It's how you take control of your mental and emotion.

Harimau,
In my personal opinion, you should control your temper. Or else, your game will not go far.
Do not blame the course.
Golf is just like our life. You will face different obstacles in each and every path you are taking. Learn to overcome, not to blame.
I don't think breaking your putter will solve the problem, in fact, you'll face another problem, no putter for the coming games, and waste of money to get a new putter for no reason.

Please don't take it personally. Just to share experience.

I agree something it can be very frustrating at the course, but again, please always remind yourself that you are actually playing against yourself, and you shall take control over yourself.

Thanks.
Happy golfing.
harimau

374 MYGOLF
yeah...i agree with you...in fact it's the first time i lost my temper in a golf course after i pick up golf for about 4 months. i think u are right, it is really a mental game....from my short golfing experience, a day with a lot of stress and problems really screwed up my golf. frustration is just part of the game....well thanks for your advise...but i think it's a good experience for me in monterez...in future, i will have to tell myself to control my temper otherwise i will end up sharing a putter with my flight mate again...or maybe a driver or an iron..hehehe... Embarassed

Driver: Callaway BB460
Fairway Wood: Pro-Slique 5
Iron: Mizuno MX-19 4 - S
Wedge: PerryGear SatinForged 56 degree
Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2 ball
Ball: Titleist Pro V1/V1x, Callaway HX Tour, Titleist DT Carry, all other expensive balls.
tnsingh

15 MYGOLF
an interesting golf course, criss-cross fairway, thus added something little extra (danger) into golf in monterez. When i play here, all i hope is no beginners flight in front or behind me. greens are tricky. well, my favourite hole is hole no. 1, par 4, distance 330m, dog leg right. you can actually do a 1-on. drive on to the tiger line across the lake on ur right, only for those who can drive a distance about 220-230m.

140 MYGOLF
i gone there to golf yesterday... it is a good course... well maintain... but somehow the 2nd nine holes...abit smelly... i guess is the fertilizer...yiakzzz but it is much more better than Bukit Tinggi as you really can see the whole nice masterpiece around the course.

really an interesting course..but really dangerous as some golf ball will fly near you from nowhere... you will heard ppl shout...BALLLLL... its worth to play at this ramadhan season..

There is a competition in Holes No. 3, can't recall what the name of the competition..but it about first tee off nearest to the hole in the green...
WaiHong aka Aeson

140 MYGOLF
i never break my putter there but see my fren almost break his head because of an unidentified flying ball(ubl) and heard a golfer stole my fren ball during his play...lol Shocked Shocked
Sponsor
Golf Model

32 MYGOLF
If we do not have a handicap are we allowed to play on these golf courses? I am still in the learning stage but i guess playing on the golf course will be so much different compared to the driving range. Maybe one day we can go for a game and u guys can guide me.
neo_sabbath
Beginner

1 MYGOLF
Golf Model wrote:
If we do not have a handicap are we allowed to play on these golf courses? I am still in the learning stage but i guess playing on the golf course will be so much different compared to the driving range. Maybe one day we can go for a game and u guys can guide me.

same..me also no handicap...got no idea how to even get one..
need some sifu's opinions Smile
norazman
Beginner

4 MYGOLF
there is a lot handicap card program out there, just flip thru some golf magazine and you will find it.

I think golf club now sometime don't need handicap card, but just make sure you can play some basic game and know some basic rule.
flowi

45 MYGOLF
Golf Model wrote:

Dear all, go to the rules and regulations section please. I found a solution to the official MGA handicap card issue.
pgatour

15 MYGOLF
Played there last week.
In fact, played there many times, still enjoying the golf course as whole.
Nicely maintained, would say, consistently maintained.
Yes, there might be ball flying around, but considering it's a criss-cross layout, quite a number of fence has been setup. I think the management doing a good job there.
enjoy their food as well and their bathroom is great!
considering the charges, I think it's really value for money, somemore with it's convenience location.

I just love the hole #9 & #18. good view to the club house, tee box on the hill, just make you want to drive your ball all the way to club house.. Laughing

However, they got a tough par 5 hole, forgot which hole, it's dogleg left with OB.
Overdrive, u got down to their lovely pool. Tiger line - you might end up OB, trees is damn high and thick.
I'll consider it's a long par 5 bcoz I need to pull out my iron 8 to place it nicely between the dog leg..settle with par or bogey it's consider good enough, well, at least for me... Razz
Sponsor