Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 2141 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Reply to topic Seri Selangor Golf Club

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Seri Selangor Golf Club
WaiHong aka Aeson

140 MYGOLF
Please share with us your experience and comment.

Seri Selangor Golf Club
Persiaran Damansara Indah, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya
47410 Selangor, Malaysia

Description: 18 Holes, 6304m, par 72.
Tel: 03-7806 1111/1666

RAMADHAN PROMOTION

Last edited by WaiHong aka Aeson on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonchia

56 MYGOLF
I almost played at this course once, but it was so full even for morning tee-off we decided to go elsewhere.

I've heard that this is a very challenging course. It's not because there's alot of beginners around, it's because the course is difficult to play.

Maybe one day, I'll force myself to play here, regardless of the queue.
Sponsor
flowi

45 MYGOLF
ryanc wrote:
I heard it's always full house. Is that true?
Tried to go there before, but kaki in kl advise not to go as lots of flights and beginner.

Can somebody share here?

Sorry, cannot rate this course. Never been there.

Yes ryanc ... it is always full BUT you can enjoy it during puasa month!! Most of the golfers are muslim&bumi, if you are 15-20 handicapper, this course will makes you feel like a beginner! The green is tough and challenging, at times the pin placement is very unfair and the green dun "bite"... if i ever score less than 92, i am a pro in any other course!! It just breaks you in pieces and if you give up, it can even swallow you alive. enjoy your game there, caddies are pretty!! he he
dragon

50 MYGOLF
They used to have night golfing which I go to. Nowadays they never have the min flights to start the night golf so I go to IOI instead. The receptionist also not bad looking LOL.
Seri Selangor
Croc

9 MYGOLF
One of my favorite courses. The undulating fairways rarely gives you an opportunity to play from a flat lie and when you think you've finally reached the greens, you are faced with one of the faster greens around.

I think one of the reason why its so challenging is because it tempts you to try so many different shots and at the same time it rewards you when you make those shots and punishes you badly for those that you don't make.

However, I do not really agree that there are a lot of beginners there especially when its always full so any slow flights will definitely get the marshalls calling for you to move faster.

Overall, good course, nearby and challenging. Would recommend to anyone.

Croc
Sponsor
Nice course, but.....
DocJP
Beginner

9 MYGOLF
Pros : Beautifully maintained course, challenging, some very pretty and accommodating caddies, fairly wide fairways.

Cons : One bloody rude marshall. Was slightly slow (as I'm a beginner, maah) but not really holding anyone back (as there was no other flight behind us)... He rode up to me on his bike and came to a skidding halt just several feet from where I was standing and this was what he said :

" Hoi!! Cepat sikit laa!! Main macam orang patah kaki!! Kalau tak pandai main, baik awak bagi Caddy main lah!!!".

I was in half a mind to take off his head with my HiBore HiBrid, but luckily for the fellow, my caddy offered a few soothing strokes on my back...

Needless to say, I'll go back there again...either for the soothing strokes, or to look for that guy!!

9 MYGOLF
Hey doc, I guess we get people like that everywhere. I think in a way it could be due to its public course nature so there isn't exactly a level of class to the people managing it. Nevertheless it's a very well maintained course. It's almost always packed over the weekends and even the weekdays have people frequently playing there as well.

When i think about Seri Selangor, the greens come to mind. Well maintained rough and challenging fairways. Best part is that it's close to home. So you'd still have a full day to rest and relax.

-croc-
hschiew

74 MYGOLF
Played there last Saturday. It's always a tough course for me. Got 106 which I'm personally satisfied with, considering with my level. Overall the greens and fairways are good. In short, I can't handle the green. It's way too fast and tough for me.
halimunser
Naga Ria Captain (2009)

610 MYGOLF
right , One tough course . Played there once . I managed to break 100 ... the highlight on the 9th hole , I tee off quite good and found my ball 5 metres from the green.. because of the downslop fairways.. A given bird.

Going there again this year to tame the course... but you need to make reservation.

Putter - TM Rossa Monza Spider
Balls - Precept EV / Srixon / Titleist Pro V
photopages http://www.flickr.com/photos/29589296@N07/
View user's profileFind all posts by halimunserSend private messageYahoo Messenger
azlela
Don Vice-Captain (2009)

477 MYGOLF
I love Seri selangor! I used to play there a lot 2-3 years ago. Even scored and eagle on one of the par 4!! yep.. managed to get a few birdies as well. But last I heard from a friend, the maintenance is not so good anymore.. would like to play there again if any of you will let me join!!! please PM me..

Irons 5-9 : Callaway X 20
AW, PW & SW : Callaway X 20
Putter : Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2.5
Ball : Srixon Soft Feel/Srixon Soft Feel Ladies
Sponsor
Abe
Don Captain (2009)

344 MYGOLF
I played in sri selangor probably once a week. At times, twice a week till last night. Hahaha. I said to myself, until I'm comfortable with my swings, I would never step a foot there again. It's just bloody difficult. The ball will either be under the trees or hilang begitu sahaja. The lowest score I had there was 95. But last nite I hit 105. So frustrated. A friend told me that for a beginner like me, I shouldn't play in sri selangor as yet. Maybe it's true. Mental tak kuat lagi lah. Perhaps, one day I'll go there and conquer the course.
OMERTA

80 MYGOLF
I played at Seri Selangor before. During fasting time, I went there twice a week. Smile The caddy could not believe that we are fasting.

Have played nite golfing there. But my eyes could not see the balls la. Some caddies are reluctant to caddy you on nite golfing. Quite scary at nite they said.

Quite undulating fairways for some holes. I loves the finishing hole. U have to be very careful on club selection here. Your 2nd shot will determine where you would end-up. If you are a long-hitter, you can reach the green in two.

The green are ok la.. Not as fast as Impian's greens. The scenary there are great as a lot of big trees and a bit mcm hutan..

Irons : YAMAHA RMX 116 Tour Blade on KBS TGI 90
Wedges : TM ZSpin 52* | Callaway MD2 56* | Royal Collection 58* | Mizuno MP-T5 60*
Putter : Yes Nicole
Ball : Callaway Chrome Soft X | Srixon ZStar XV
golfallday
Pro

97 MYGOLF
Haha that plc is haunted by the way.thats why golf ball goes missing sometimes.hehe.but anyways it's ok i use to tee off at 7am in the morning.i normally will get 9 holes alone.So far didnt encountered any hantu yet.Touch wood.hehe.
Condition is by far the best in seri sel since it opened but they r scarifying(got to prevent the roots from entangling against each other) the green right now so u may not be able to enjoy it at it's best.
ahman
Naga Ria Vice-Captain (2009)

744 MYGOLF
I like this course...green is quite fast...but kind of tough with "woods" left and right..
but nowadays, the course traffic is quite heavy...and no 2 balls allowed on weekdays..except for night golfing.
ahchium

141 MYGOLF
Hello dan Salam semua GOLFERS and caddy yang comel comel.. Embarassed

Here my review :
I main kat tempat ini last friday.Last flight.Dalam keadaan gelap gulita dan hujan renyai renyai.
Hilang hampir 20 bijik bola because rabun dan OB.First 9 bit ok ok.tapi hujan meyukarkan keadaan.
After that lagi 9 agak sukar.Espcially lubang number 10 yang tak best.Overall ok ok lar tempat dia.
Cume agak kecewa caddy nyer kata "nite golfing, owh gak mau takut" Confused sampai hati kamu hancurkan hati kanda..

Green dia bagus comel best dan sbgnyer

apa dalan beg saya??
driver : driver boss saya md noor b md yusoff (r7 superquad)
rescue : buatan si tukang jahit (tailor made no 2)
iron : iron board mak aku (batang 9 smp batang 5)
wedge : wedge or wage??mana leh bagtau gaji baper (s dan w)
putter : putter chap wilson..
View user's profileFind all posts by ahchiumSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
Sponsor
Seri Selangor Golf Club