Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic TaylorMade Golf Tour Preferred Golf Balls

TaylorMade Golf Tour Preferred Golf Balls
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3523 MYGOLF

Softer and more durable cover makes new line-up the best performing golf balls in company history.

TaylorMade Golf Company, the No. 2 golf ball brand on the PGA TOUR releases Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X: two tour-caliber golf balls that provide complete tee-to-green performance.

Key to the performance of the Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X golf ball line is TaylorMade’s patented and proven technologies, including:

REACT™ Core for greater ball speed on all shots for increased distance.

Spin Mantle™ designed to deliver precise and consistent spin rates on given shots throughout the bag.

Low-Drag Performance Aerodynamics (LDP™) A 322-dimple pattern designed to minimize distance loss on low spin shots and also maintain a penetrating ball flight into the wind.
A new technology featured in the golf balls is Soft Tech™, TaylorMade’s softest and most durable cover to date. Made of a cast urethane, the new cover provides an even softer feel around the greens than previous TaylorMade offerings. The Soft Tech cover will also provide higher resistance to shearing and will last longer.

What separates Tour Preferred and the Tour Preferred X from each other is spin. The Tour Preferred is designed for players who desire more spin in the mid-to-long iron shots. The additional spin will also promote a higher trajectory on approach shots.

Tour Preferred X maintains the same spin and trajectory into the green as its predecessor Lethal. Unlike Lethal, Tour Preferred X promotes better green side control because of its new Soft Tech cover.

TaylorMade anticipates that more than 80% of its tour players will gravitate to this model as they are seeking controlled iron spin, for a more penetrating ball flight.

RRP: RM228.00

Link

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Yappy

171 MYGOLF
Dear Brian & TM

1st and foremost, thanks for picking me as ball tester back in May or end April Smile

Impression of TP & TPx
Both of the balls look similar except differentiate by the colour on the number as per Provs.

Distance

TPx slightly longer than TP. Given a choice i would play TPx over ProvX for holes which i need to gain distance.

Ball flight

More or less the same maybe is the player itself cant differentiate it Embarassed

Feel / Approach / chipping

TP is softer than TPx. TP seem more receptive and pretty similar to Provs characteristic.

Putting

TPx is slightly firmer than TP but it does give me feedback i needed while putting.

Overall
I am in a dilemma Rolling Eyes as i would like to use TPx to tee off and use TP for approach / chipping / putting. (if only the rules allow it Laughing)

Taylormade 200 Series #3
Taylormade 200 series 7 wood
Irons .... Looking
Cleveland 51, 57 and Cobra 61
Ping Anser 2 Smile
Sponsor
KH Lee
Nagaria Committee (2010)

670 MYGOLF
Had a run out with the two new Tour Ball offering from the good people at Taylor Made and from a hackers’ perspective...

Driver Distance: From a visual observation, there is a noticeable improvement in distance gained overall compare to my usual ball. TPX is the winner by far!!

Iron: Both balls produced good distance. Nothing really to choose between the two. Feels a little hard but still decent feedback.

Wedge Spin/Control: The litmus test, the bread and butter.... 100m & 50m approach to the green; Both balls perform admirably. Both seemed to give a higher ball flight but the TP felt a little more responsive.

Chipping & Putting: Can’t say there is noticeably much difference between the feel of the balls. Both balls however felt a little hard & had a ‘clicky’ sound. No effect on performance.

Summary:
Tour Preferred
Good distance, spin and control with the irons, long off the diver and good feel and control with the wedges around the greens.

Tour Preferred X
Good distance, spin and control with the irons, the spin and control was great, better distance gained with driver and great feel around the greens. Might be the best ball they have produced since (my all time favourite) the TP Red LDP. This would probably be my preferred choice.

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action
Putter: Too many... i confuse myself

GOLF: To get a little white ball into the little white cup... how hard can it be..? Buy me a beer and i'll tell ya.. Smile
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
Looks:
Both the Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X are classy looking tour golf ball.

Feel:
I tested the feel of these 2 golf balls with 4 different putters. Both golf balls have a soft feel off the putter with the Tour Preferred X feeling a tad harder which is to be expected

Durability:
The durability of these balls are outstanding. Hit the tree, cart paths or from the bunkers. No issue, minor scuff only. Cleaned her up, and it's as good as new

The X after 5 and 1/2 rounds Smile

Driver Performance:
The Tour Preferred felt good and long, but the Tour Preferred X is longer for my case and with tighter dispersion rate as well.

Iron Performance:
Distance wise, both the Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X are about the same if not longer with my other non TM balls. But I also noticed that they held up pretty well against the wind. On full swing, the balls launches high and landed softly

Wedge Performance:
For full wedge shots into the green, the Tour Preferred stopped quicker like 'land-hop-hop-stop' whereby the Tour Preferred X hopped a lil more like 'land-hop-hop-hop-stop'. On shorter chips, both balls bite a lil on the first bounce and hop / roll along nicely which allowed me to predict the chip shot easier

The Bottom Line:
I think Taylormade has a winner here. These 2 balls suit all the criterias demanded by advanced golfers. As for me, the Tour Preferred X performs the best for me

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 19 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP18-MB DG R300
Wedges : Titties Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 57
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7