[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Swingbyte 2.0 Golf Swing Analyzer

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Swingbyte 2.0 Golf Swing Analyzer
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
Hi fellas,

Just wanted to share, i bought a Swingbyte 2.0 last month. Got a good deal and had it shipped to Penang.
Here's a review on MyGOlfSpy http://www.mygolfspy.com/skypro-swing-analyzer-trainer-review/

It's a thing you attach on the shaft just below your grip. Connect to iPhone or iPad and it monitors the swing.
I get a lot of info such as speed, tempo, club face, lie, shaft lean, path etc etc. Actually there are more info that most people would use. Probably not good for those who don't really know how to use these info but for me, being the golf swing fanatic i am, it's really useful for me.

What i found most useful is having those numbers AND the 3D view of my club during the entire swing. More importantly i can also view the same data and 3D of an "unnamed" Pro. I heard the company will add PGA/LPGA tour data soon. That would be so awesome.

When i got started, i realized after comparing my swing with the Pro:
- My swing is very far away from them.
- I was shocked how short the backswing is for the Pro and yet how fast they complete backswing and even faster in their downswing. For irons, they never get even close to parallel.
- How steep their backswing is. It's pretty much up and down. The club handle is in the same line as address line (target line) all the way back and up. What most people including me thinks we should swing the club up and back, behind us but that's not apparently true for the Pro.
- In other words, at address to top of the swing, the club grip hardly gets behind your belt line at address. WOW. Never knew that.
- How closed the face is to the path for the pro during backswing. It looks very shut. There is almost no forearm rotation in the backswing. The face is almost square the to swing path of the shaft going back. I am getting open all the time in comparison.
- How there is very little forward shaft lean at address for the Pro. And how little forward shaft lean at impact. It's there for sure but not a lot. Compared to me, i have much more at address and at impact. Most people would say that is good because i keep the "lag" which i do when i see it here but it always gets me way too open at impact. The Pro is not dragging the handle forward as much, meaning they release it much sooner than most people think.

Many more things i'm learning about the Pro's swing.

On the other hand, in less than a month, i am playing much better golf. I know i have:
1 an open clubface.
2 too flat shoulder turn
3 too late release
4 severe overswinging issue.
5 swing path to impact too close to zero. I should be trying to get it more in-out

Last week i fixed 1, 3 and 5. Played some good golf. Yesterday during practise i was determined to fix 4. It's really ugly my overswing. BUt then again most people i know does that. Very hard to fix. But i think with the help of Swingbyte, i may have it licked.

It's great when i want to try something, to try it with a real ball, and immediately see if it worked. I finally found a feel that stopped my overswing while being able to hit the ball well.

Lots of words but just wanted to share my experience so far with these kind of gadgets. Bear in mind, i don't think the data is 100% accurate as compared to the very expensive launch monitors. But then again, i just need data that is relative so i can make adjustments. I don't need to know exactly how open to path my clubface is. I just need to know that whatever i am trying to change is reducing how open to path it is.

I give a final example. Before the new swing fixes, when i manage to hit the ball straight, even without the device, i know my clubface was square. Of course the device also said i was square. I would have been happy right? Well i used to be. Then i looked at more data from the device, it showed that i had increased the loft of the club significantly.

So what does that mean? it means i am opening my clubface to path by a ton but i'm using my body to swing extremely left to square the face to the path.

As a result that means the ball isn't going very far as it should and 9 out of 10 times, i will be unable to time that body movement and it will result in pushes, blocks and short fades/slice. Do that with a short iron and you won't be too bad. Do that with the longer clubs and hello OB!

Hardly a repeatable swing.

Anyways just wanted to share and i am hoping i will see massive improvements in my game very soon. Still haven't used it for putting but i heard it's great for it. Best of all, it's so discreet that nobody notices this at the range. Very Happy Very Happy

Hybrid: Ping i20
Irons: Mizuno H5 5-PW DGR300
SW: Mizuno MP-TP10 50deg, Titleist 56deg Chrome Vokey, 52deg Oilcan Vokey, both with Tour Concept shaft Stiff
Putter: Odyssey Hot White Pro #3
Balls: ProV Used balls
Out to in
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
Oh and one more thing. Because my old ball flight was always a fade and misses are slices, everyone would say i have an over the top move i.e. downswing out to in.

Well, according to Swingbyte, i DON'T! my swing is in-out or in-in. Never out-in.

Following the normal advice to swing more to the right to create a more in-out swing path would make it worse with an already too flat backswing and an severe open face. I'll be slicing it or straight pushing it even more!!
Rolling Eyes

SW: Mizuno MP-TP10 50deg, Titleist 56deg Chrome Vokey, 52deg Oilcan Vokey, both with Tour Concept shaft Stiff
Sponsor
azri

206 MYGOLF
I have this gadget as well but run it out of Android. The function on Android is a bit watered down. I got it around the same time that I started my coach plan. So I got myself on flightscope and found out that my club is always close at impact, angle attack shallow and too much in to out. Compared to SB, stats is within +/- 10 percent. So it's kinda good tool to get an estimate.

Practice with it and bring down my bad points. Of course together with lessons from coach.

The SB is great that you can get immediate feedback and you can train with better purpose. However I think they need tto improve on the attachment method. Although better than v1 still few times slip on me especially on steel shaft. By the way, Ihave never regi stered a 100% square path. Maybe me.. Or the attachments... But flight is straigh.
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
azri wrote:
I have this gadget as well but run it out of Android. The function on Android is a bit watered down. I got it around the same time that I started my coach plan. So I got myself on flightscope and found out that my club is always close at impact, angle attack shallow and too much in to out. Compared to SB, stats is within +/- 10 percent. So it's kinda good tool to get an estimate.

Practice with it and bring down my bad points. Of course together with lessons from coach.

The SB is great that you can get immediate feedback and you can train with better purpose. However I think they need tto improve on the attachment method. Although better than v1 still few times slip on me especially on steel shaft. By the way, Ihave never regi stered a 100% square path. Maybe me.. Or the attachments... But flight is straigh.

I did read about the slippage but so far it doesn't happen too frequently. Maybe after 10-20 swings on the mat. More like rotating rather than slipping. But i put it really up on the shaft next to the grip. I was thinking of getting those velcro straps to really secure it.

I can get close to zeo degree path but really, that's not what I want. Face open a little or closed a little with the longer clubs and I'm going to have to deal with a bad two way miss.

I'd rather consistently be extreme on one side of the path so that i will eliminate one side on a miss hit. I feel i can handle that way better.

Btw, how much did you pay for yours?

azri

206 MYGOLF
US206 with delivery - from expansys. Got it last year. Their support is superb - tthey typically respond within 24 hours (weekdays). .

I'm using together with velcro strap. Bought some from hw store and just tape it over.

Trying to work out better tempo. Slow back swing, fast down swing. It's very useful for putting I believe. Also it can be used for putting - some like GSA need separate tool for putting if not mistaken.
Sponsor
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
heh.. i got mine for around USD170 including shipping Smile

I need to get those velco straps

ashibr

230 MYGOLF
h71y6 wrote:

no tax for this gadget?

Driver - Cleveland SL290 10.5* (Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Stiff)
Wood 3- Maruman Nano Exim 16* (Maruman Regular)
Wood 5- Nike SQ DYMO2 19* (Mitsubishi Rayon Regular)
Hybrid 5 - Adams a4 26* (Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx Regular)
Iron - Ben Hogan Apex Plus 5-E (NSPro 950GH Regular)
Wedges - Nike VR 52*, 56* & 60* (DG S200, S300, S400)
Putter - Cleverland Classic 2
Ball - Nike, Bridgestone, Srixon
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
ashibr wrote:
h71y6 wrote:

no tax for this gadget?

Nope

ST

884 MYGOLF
thanks for sharing this info.
now i thinking which device i should get ....as i can pratice at home.
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
ST wrote:

Well i think it depends on what you're looking for. See, SB2 has a lot of numbers. If you understand the numbers and know what it means and how it relates to your swing, then it's useful. So really SB2 isn't a swing trainer per say. it's like a poor man's trackman/flightscope.

There are other ones that are actually better for training the swing without so many numbers. See the link in my OP. There's a review and comparison there.

For me, SB2 was cheaper than the rest and i am a science/data freak. The most important number i wanted was swing path angle and face at impact angle. Some of the other ones didn't have a few of these. Not that it's bad but it's just a personal need of mine.

Sponsor
ST

884 MYGOLF
h71y6 wrote:
ST wrote:

Well i think it depends on what you're looking for. See, SB2 has a lot of numbers. If you understand the numbers and know what it means and how it relates to your swing, then it's useful. So really SB2 isn't a swing trainer per say. it's like a poor man's trackman/flightscope.

There are other ones that are actually better for training the swing without so many numbers. See the link in my OP. There's a review and comparison there.

For me, SB2 was cheaper than the rest and i am a science/data freak. The most important number i wanted was swing path angle and face at impact angle. Some of the other ones didn't have a few of these. Not that it's bad but it's just a personal need of mine.

thanks for reply...i would like to have a device to check on the swing related and i seen you also mentioned in your post that your device could be used to pratice putting too.
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
ST wrote:

I am also interested. maybe we can share or ask magic to bring in cheaply?
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
geraldsaw wrote:
ST wrote:

I am also interested. maybe we can share or ask magic to bring in cheaply?

Actually bought from amazon. Cheapest i could find and shipping is reasonable. All in less than 500RM. it's a really small box.

If you buy a few together, i'm sure it's even cheaper.

The Amazon itself is supplying it so it's very reliable.

And i read that SB's support is really excellent. Hope i never have to experience it Laughing

azri

206 MYGOLF
My SB2 latch broke... the pins holding the latch came off so the thing didnt hold as good. So I came up with DIY attachment which is much better - less slippage and less worry about it flying off the shaft.

I've actually post it on the SB FB for other users to try. Within a minute someone from the company reached to me and offer me parts replacement. Ive since gave my address to them and they will ship me a new latch. Should be here in few days.

So far my experience with them is superb. Prior to that reported some questions and suggestions of features. They're very responsive.

Nevertheless...

I loop the velcro under the latch.. so that it will hold the velcro. If velcro goes on top, it is prone to slippage.

The first wrap when you attach, secures the device but the latch now protruding. Need second wrap.

Second wrap goes on top and 'close' the latch.

Finished sample... this was taken during time at home..

I've tested on the range and confirm it sits fine. Hope it helps.
great!
h71y6

78 MYGOLF
wow.. that's really cool and helpful. I'll have to try it. Thanks

Sponsor
Swingbyte 2.0 Golf Swing Analyzer