We have 6913 registered users
The newest registered user is josievo1

Our users have posted a total of 107343 articles within 14084 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 490 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 490 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic Callaway x-hot pro iron feedback?

Callaway x-hot pro iron feedback?
Joeypwc

12 MYGOLF
Hi,

Am thinking to change my iron set lately, have tried a few model, like AP2, Rocketbladez Tour and so on.

Came accross the X-Hot Pro iron, when I try it out, it seems to give me the feeling that the ball actually LAUNCH OFF the club face like Utility or Wood... again it was tried in a small hitting room and only a 7 iron demo club...

Anyone actually is using this set or had hit it in the range before? Any feedback is welcome to help in my decision making.... Thanks.
gordon042

174 MYGOLF
I have tried the x-hot irons (not the pro) and while I like the feel of them, I still prefer the feel of my mizuno mx25 irons. Use to have the Callaway x12 irons in the bag before I switched.

Would highly recommend trying out the Mizuno line of forged irons (Once you try forged you can't go back ) Laughing Just my 2 cents.

That said, I still have a callaway driver, 3w, 4h and two wedges that I am very pleased with.

Last edited by gordon042 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Evnroll ER5
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
Sponsor
azri

206 MYGOLF
Agreed Mizuno.. If you're looking for forged.
Joeypwc

12 MYGOLF
Hi Guys,

I've been using forged iron for the last 10 years or so... from TM Forged 300, to Nike Pro Combo, and currently TM Burner Forged (Jap version, and the club head is a tad too big for my taste).... am not getting any younger and looking for something easier to hit, but still keep some level of small head profile... so for me, performance and visual is more important than feel at this point....
Denmeister

147 MYGOLF
I was using the cobra pro cb irons which is about 5 years old. It is also a small head compared to the current models in the market.

I have recently changed to the 2013 callaway x forged irons. Size of the heads are also considered small. It should actually be about the same size as the Nike irons u used before. In terms of looks, it has very clean lines and is quite pleasing to my eyes. Friends who saw them also said they look great!

Feel wise, very soft!

Performance: one club longer than my cobras.

Forgiveness: ok not too bad. Off center hits are less punishing. Maybe lose 5 to 7 yards.
Sponsor
Joeypwc

12 MYGOLF
Thanks guys for the feedback... will give it some test hit to see how it perform and compare...
jamesc
Junior Writer

268 MYGOLF
Joeypwc wrote:
Thanks guys for the feedback... will give it some test hit to see how it perform and compare...

i'd recommened the 2013 legacy black forged... plays alot better than xhot pro. hit me up if u need callaway contacts...

Irons: Titleist ZB Forged, Project X Pxi 5.5
Wedge: Big Fish Golf V1x & V5x wedge, KBS Hi-REV
Putter: Zen Oracle QN Mallet
Ball : Titleist ProV1x
scouser

64 MYGOLF
I just recently swap my iron from Ping G10 to x-hot (not pro) and one thing that I really notice is the distance. I gain more distance with similar iron for example 8 iron.
With ping I can get ~135-140 but with x-hot manage to get ~145-150 m. The shaft in general slightly longer and the loft is stronger about one club.

To me its relatively easy to hit even u mishit can still get a distance.. you can still work your flight if u are capable to.

Give a try.. Very Happy

Link
magic

2858 MYGOLF
the 8-iron of G10 is have loft 38, while the x-hot is 34.5. definitely you should hit it longer with your x-hot
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
KH Lee
Nagaria Committee (2010)

670 MYGOLF
Tried the X-hot pro & the x-forged... the X-hot pro definitely easier to launch (and does feel like the ball flies of the face) and feels pretty darn good... of course the forged in my opinion has better feel and gives better feedback..

If you can wait, i think Callaway is launching the Apex & Apex pro to the market real soon.... i think i'm poisoned by them... drooling

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action
Putter: Too many... i confuse myself

GOLF: To get a little white ball into the little white cup... how hard can it be..? Buy me a beer and i'll tell ya.. Smile
Sponsor
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
KH Lee wrote:
Tried the X-hot pro & the x-forged... the X-hot pro definitely easier to launch (and does feel like the ball flies of the face) and feels pretty darn good... of course the forged in my opinion has better feel and gives better feedback..

If you can wait, i think Callaway is launching the Apex & Apex pro to the market real soon.... i think i'm poisoned by them... drooling

Buy, mr pin seeker
Apex suits you to a T

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 19 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP18-MB DG R300
Wedges : Titties Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 57
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
KH Lee
Nagaria Committee (2010)

670 MYGOLF
lil puppy wrote:
KH Lee wrote:

Buy, mr pin seeker
Apex suits you to a T

THANKS MASTER s**t STIRRER.. LOL

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action
Putter: Too many... i confuse myself

GOLF: To get a little white ball into the little white cup... how hard can it be..? Buy me a beer and i'll tell ya.. Smile
Joeypwc

12 MYGOLF
Hi All,

Just to share more on X-Hot Pro, I finally got convince enough to bought a set, and so far I have played a few rounds with it. Here are some thoughts about it.

As of many other mention, the ball really does feels like it is "Flying" off the face, it just launches the ball, sometimes I feel like playing a muted sound Hybrid! It is very very easier to launch the ball into the air consistently, and yes, you get extra distant from the crank up loft, but something to note as well, a 7 Iron while having a stronger loft, but still launch the ball about the same height as my old none crank up 7 Iron, so I guess technology does make a lot of different here.

When coming to friendliness, it is very friendly (for a club head this size, I mean), I use to struggle a bit on launching a 5 Iron consistently, but the X-Hot Pro really makes it easy for me, as I am able to hit consistent 5 iron now, launching it at more consistent height and carrying the distance.

Many have also mention, distance gain, and most people would point to the crank up loft. For me, I am getting about half a club longer in distance easily, but what I like to note also is the shot height did not drop due to the crank up loft, so it is not more distance at lower ball flight.

As for feel, I think its a bit of personal, while many to op for the better feel of the Forge, I found my self did not miss it too much with this set, as the feel of having the ball launching off the club face is so nice that you tend to forget about other things.

All in all, it is really what the Ads says it does, Easier to hit, Longer distance and High ball flight. I do love it.
Callaway x-hot pro iron feedback?