Reply to topic Maybank Malaysian Open 2013

Maybank Malaysian Open 2013
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3540 MYGOLF

Brilliant Kiradech Storms Ahead At Maybank Malaysian Open

Kiradech Aphibarnrat

Kuala Lumpur, 21 March 2013: Thai rising star Kiradech Aphibarnrat overcame fatigue to fire a sizzling seven-under-par 65 for the first round clubhouse lead in a storm-hit US$2.75 million Maybank Malaysian Open on Thursday.

The burly Thai, nicknamed Asiaís John Daly for his gung-ho style of play, needed to preserve his energy levels due to a thyroid problem but still had enough firepower to shoot eight birdies against one bogey at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Clubís West course.

Denmarkís Anders Hansen, playing with Kiradech, birdied his last three holes for a fine 66 which was matched by Ryder Cup star Edoardo Molinari of Italy and Frenchman Gregory Bourdy in the event co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and European Tour.

Play was abandoned at 4.05pm due to a heavy thunderstorm, with 78 players to resume their opening round on Friday morning (7.45am). Scott Jamieson of Scotland was six-under through 10 holes while 2011 Masters Tournament winner Charl Schwartzel of South Africa and Chinaís Wu Ashun stood at four-under through 11 and 12 holes respectively.

Thongchai Jaidee

Malaysian veteran S. Murthy carded an impressive bogey-free 67 to raise local cheers but world number three Luke Donald of England opened with a disappointing 74 in his Maybank Malaysian Open debut.

Kiradech has been beleaguered by a thyroid disease, which causes tiredness since the start of the year but it has not prevented him from producing some top finishes. He was third at the Asian Tourís season-opening Zaykabar Myanmar Open, fourth at the Avantha Masters in India last week and also qualified for his maiden appearance at The Open Championship by winning the International Final Qualifying Ė Asia in Thailand earlier this month.

ďThe weather is too hot and the thyroid disease is making me feel tired. Honestly, I didnít have enough energy to hit long drives. Iím still taking medication for my thyroid condition and Iíll consider going for an operation when I consult my doctor in six monthsí time,Ē said Kiradech.

ďI didnít force myself or any of my golf shots. I didnít set any goals. I didnít tell myself that I should finish in the top-five or win this event. I want to take it shot by shot. When you donít have power or energy, you canít force yourself,Ē he added.

Molinari, a two-time European Tour winner, produced his best round since last March after starting to work with Sean Foley, who also trains 14-time Major champion Tiger Woods.

ďHe (Foley) is making big changes. I need big changes because I didnít like the way I was playing last year. I felt it wasnít right. I felt it was time to change. I like what he says and I have a lot more knowledge on what Iím doing on the golf course. As soon as I missed a shot on the course then I know how to fix it,Ē said the Italian, who carded eight birdies.

Frenchman Bourdy, winner of the 2009 Hong Kong Open, renewed his love affair with Asia with a round that included seven birdies. It gave him a chance to go one better than his runner-up finish at the 2011 Maybank Malaysian Open.

ďItís very hot. I canít say I love it but I donít mind it. I feel good when it is warm and I usually play well when itís like this, so I hope it continues. I like the course a lot. Itís maybe one of the best we play all season and itís in great shape again this year. I hope my game stays like this until Sunday,Ē said a delighted Bourdy.

Local hope Murthy was the surprise of the day. Playing some of his best golf since turning 40 two years ago where he has won two titles on the domestic PGM Tour, Murthy shot up the leaderboard with five birdies.

S. Murthy

ďI feel very young now. I donít feel old. My wife (Nanthini) really takes care of me by giving me a lot of good food Ö thatís all. Donít look here (pointing to his stomach),Ē smiled Murthy, whose best finish in the event was tied 56th in 1999.

ďThereís no secret. Iíve tried to stay fit and play more golf. Iím working with my coach on a few things and I try to work out as well. But I felt good today. I hit it really good and made a few good putts. Hit a lot of greens and I hope I can keep doing it. Just have to stay patient.Ē

Former world number one Donald struggled to get any momentum going in his round but remained upbeat. ďI made a slow start Ė three over through four Ė and I was just hanging on after that. Thereís a lot of trouble out there and I found too much of it. Golf is hard sometimes and not always going to go your way. I gave it my all but the result wasnít very good,Ē said the Englishman.

ďThereís a low round out there though, and tomorrow hopefully I can shoot a low one. Iím going to need one to get back in the mix for this tournament,Ē he added.

Day 1 Leaderboard

65 Kiradech APHIBARNRAT (THA)
66 Anders HANSEN (DEN), Edoardo MOLINARI (ITA), Gregory BOURDY (FRA)
67 S. Murthy (MAS), Victor DUBUISSON (FRA)
68 LEE Sung (KOR), Fredrik ANDERSSON HED (SWE), Peter LAWRIE (IRL), Adilson DA SILVA (BRA)
69 Padraig HARRINGTON (IRL), David HOWELL (ENG), Alexander NOREN (SWE), Marcus FRASER (AUS), Andrew DODT (AUS), Mark FOSTER (ENG), Joost LUITEN (NED), Marcus BOTH (AUS), Oliver FISHER (ENG)
70 Angelo QUE (PHI), Mikko ILONEN (FIN), R. Nachimuthu (MAS), Chinnarat PHADUNGSIL (THA), Thongchai JAIDEE (THA), Emilliano GRILLO (ARG), Wade ORMSBY (AUS), Mardan MAMAT (SIN), Tommy FLEETWOOD (ENG)
71 Gunn CHAROENKUL (THA), Steve WEBSTER (ENG), Stephen GALLACHER (SCO), Danny CHIA (MAS), Simon KHAN (ENG), Thomas AIKEN (RSA), LEE In-woo (KOR), MO Joong-kyung (KOR), Soren KJELDSEN (DEN), Matthew BALDWIN (ENG), Berry HENSON (USA), Jaakko MAKITALO (FIN)

~~~~~ENDS~~~~~

Click the link below for full scoring on Day 1:
Day 1 Result

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
erizzzzz
Nagaria Vice-Captain (2011)

236 MYGOLF
Big tummy does effect the golf...

Sponsor
miura

92 MYGOLF
erizzzzz wrote:
Big tummy does effect the golf...

seems in a good way look at the leaders tummy Laughing
Day 2
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3540 MYGOLF

Kiradech Steers Two Shots Clear

Kiradech Aphibarnrat

Kuala Lumpur, 23 March 2013: Thai rising star Kiradech Aphibarnrat is in position of erasing his defeat at the Maybank Malaysian Open three years ago when he pulled two shots clear with a four-under-par 68 in the second round on Saturday.

The big-hitting Thai known for his grip-it and rip-it style of golf which somewhat mirrors John Dalyís game, returned this morning to finish the second round after play was abandoned on Friday.

The halfway cut was set an even-par 144 with 73 players making the cut. World number three Luke Donald of England will not feature in the last two rounds after shooting a three-over-par 147.

Kiradech made eight straight pars when play was resumed at 7.45am at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club but kept a cool head on a rather steamy morning. He was rewarded for his patience with a birdie on 18 after hitting an exquisite approach to three feet.

ďI enjoyed my game. I had to cool myself down out there because I only had my first birdie of the day on the last hole. It was a good finish. I tried to stay calm out there because of the heat. I need to save my energy,Ē said the 23-year-old, who totalled 11-under-par 133.

He holds a two-shot lead over former Masters Tournament winner Charl Schwartzel of South Africa, Wade Ormsby of Australia, Gregory Bourdy of France and Chinaís Wu Ashun at the US$2.75 million event sanctioned by the Asian Tour and European Tour.

The memory of finishing third in 2010 after going into the last day as the joint leader is still fresh in his mind but Kiradech says he is more experienced now to seal the deal for a second Asian Tour win since 2011.

ďI was very excited three years ago but Iíve learned a lot since then. Iím much older now and I learned a lot on the Asian Tour. I hope to finish better than 2010,Ē said Kiradech, who qualified for his first Open Championship debut through the International Final Qualifying Ė Asia earlier this month.

ďIíve been playing very well since the start of the year and my game has stayed up there. My iron and approach shots are better compared to last time. My driver isnít working as well as I would like it to be so hopefully it will work in the last two days.Ē

The penultimate round will start at 1.15pm with the leading flight going off at 3.05pm which gives Kiradech time to rest and preserve energy. ďI want to go back to the hotel and rest, take a shower and relax to save energy.Ē

Wu Ashun

Before the afternoon storm rolled in yesterday, self-taught Wu produced a solid four-under-par 68 to tie Schwartzel, who also carded a 68, on nine-under-par 135 after both players laboured to 26 and 27 holes respectively.

Italyís Edoardo Molinary was a further shot back on eight-under after playing five holes of his second round in two under. A total of 76 players will return on Saturday morning to complete the round. The penultimate round will not commence before 1.15pm.

Liang Wen-chong, Chinaís first Asian Tour number one when he won the Order of Merit in 2007, fired a 68 to move up into contention as the might of Chinese golf came to the fore at the Maybank Malaysian Open.

Wu, who is playing on a sponsorís invitation, is enjoying a purple patch. He qualified for his maiden appearance at The Open Championship through the International Final Qualifying Ė Asia in Thailand earlier this month and put himself in contention to win his first Asian Tour title.

ďI like this course and Iím very happy to visit my old Asian Tour friends,Ē said Wu, who finished tied 19th during his last visit to Malaysia in 2010.

ďI think itís important to play with a strategy in mind and choosing the right clubs will matter as well. Iíve been in a good form lately and I hope to maintain that.

ďIt is great that I have the opportunity to play in this co-sanctioned event. Itís going to be very competitive because weíve got all the top players from the Asian Tour and European Tour in the field,Ē added the 27-year-old, who won on the Japan Tour last season.

Charl Schwartzel

Schwartzel completed his first round in the morning with a 67 and then got off to hot start for his second round when he birdied the opening two holes. However, with the high humidity and heat putting a toll on the players, the slender South African dropped shots on six and seven after making mental errors.

ďI canít be too hard on myself because itís extraordinarily hot out there. I lost a bit of concentration towards the end and made bad decisions on the sixth and seventh Ė poor club selections. I was in the middle of the fairway both times and made bogey,Ē said Schwartzel, winner of the Thailand Golf Championship on the Asian Tour last December.

ďThere are no excuses and you just have to get on with it. Iím glad to have given myself a chance. Itís been a very long day but through it all, I thought I played pretty well. If I had been a bit sharper, I could have separated myself from the field.Ē

Liang, who finished third at the Avantha Masters, continued his impressive form and believes he needs to stay patient to contend for the Seagram Trophy, which is handed to the winner of the Maybank Malaysian Open.

ďI have a big chance again but I need to have more patience. I feel that my form is good. Just need to get in more short putts. I missed some two to three footers yesterday and today. My putting stroke hasnít been too steady,Ē said Liang.

ďWu is a very good player. I think heís got a chance as well. Wu always try very hard. Last year, he has got more confidence as he won in Japan which was good for him.Ē

Day 2 Leaderboard

133 Kiradech APHIBARNRAT (THA) 65-68.
135 WU Ashun (CHN) 67-68, Charl SCHWARTZEL (RSA) 67-68, Wade ORMSBY (AUS) 70-65, Gregory BOURDY (FRA) 66-69.
136 Tommy FLEETWOOD (ENG) 70-66, Victor DUBUISSON (FRA) 67-69.
137 S. Murthy (MAS) 67-70, Padraig HARRINGTON (IRL) 69-68, David HOWELL (ENG) 69-68, Edoardo MOLINARI (ITA) 66-71, Alexander NOREN (SWE) 69-68, Peter LAWRIE (IRL) 68-69.
138 LIANG Wen-chong (CHN) 70-68, Scott JAMIESON (SCO) 66-72, Lee SLATTERY (ENG) 68-70, LEE Sung (KOR) 68-70, Mark FOSTER (ENG) 69-69.
139 Rafa CABRERA-BELLO (ESP) 72-67, Pablo LARRAZABAL (ESP) 69-70, Prom MEESAWAT (THA) 68-71, Alastair FORSYTH (SCO) 69-70, Joonas GRANBERG (FIN) 71-68, Anders HANSEN (DEN) 66-73, Simon KHAN (ENG) 71-68.
140 Matteo MANASSERO (ITA) 69-71, Bernd WIESBERGER (AUT) 71-69, Raphael JACQUELIN (FRA) 70-70, Jean GONNET (FRA) 70-70, Mikko ILONEN (FIN) 70-70, Joost LUITEN (NED) 69-71.

~~~~~ENDS~~~~~

Click the link below for full scoring on Day 2:
Day 2 Result

Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Day 3
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3540 MYGOLF

Kiradech Stays Ahead As Tournament Reduced To 54-Holes
Tournament Shortened to Just Three Rounds Due to Weather Leaves Competition Open for Exciting Conclusion

Kiradech Aphibarnrat

Kuala Lumpur, 24 March 2013: Thailandís Kiradech Aphibarnrat held a one-shot advantage on Saturday over former Masters champion Charl Schwartzel at the Maybank Malaysian Open which has been reduced to a 54-hole contest.

Organisers were forced to cut short the US$2.75 million championship sanctioned by the Asian Tour and European Tour after thunderstorms disrupted play for the third successive day, with Kiradech holding the lead on 11-under-par through two holes.

The third and final round will resume on Sunday, 9.45am at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club. The last time the Maybank Malaysian Open was reduced into a three-round affair was at the same venue in 2006.

Charl Schwartzel arrived in style for the opening of the third round Ė landing on the East Course in a helicopter supplied by sponsor AgustaWestland Malaysia.

Schwartzel, playing in the last group with Kiradech, trails by one while a group of seven players, who include Chinaís Wu Ashun, three-time Major champion Padraig Harrington of Ireland and Ryder Cup stars Edoardo Molinari and Anders Hansen, are a further shot back on nine-under.

Big-hitting Kiradech, dubbed Asiaís John Daly, is determined to close out the Maybank Malaysian Open after coming close three years ago when he entered the final round as the co-leader only to finish joint third.

ďIíve learned a lot from that. Iíve grown up in three years and I have learned a lot on how to play under pressure and how to play when you need to win. I think I have more experience and I hope it will help me tomorrow,Ē said the 23-year-old former world amateur champion.

Kiradech returned this morning to complete his second round with a 68 which gave him a two-shot lead. He birdied the first hole of the third round but bogeyed the second before play was called off at 4.02pm when the heavens opened up.

With 16 holes separating him from a second Asian Tour title, the burly Thai, who has been suffering from the effects a lingering thyroid problem, knows he holds an advantage although he expects Schwartzel to mount a big charge on Sunday.

ďI feel better. You can say I have more chance to win now that itís 54 holes. Itís a good chance for me to win my first co-sanctioned title. I still have to do my best and itíll be tough work tomorrow. Charl is a good player. Heís a top player and he can catch up. I will just do my best. If I can keep playing like how I have been doing in the first two days, I will have a chance,Ē said Kiradech, who finished fourth in last weekís Avantha Masters in India and also qualified for the British Open last month.

Charl Schwartzel

Schwartzel, who won the Thailand Golf Championship in December and has eight European Tour titles under his belt, birdied his opening hole of the third round to signal his intent of winning his first Maybank Malaysian Open title. He also wants to keep the title in South Africaís hands following last yearís triumph by close friend Louis Oosthuizen.

The 27-year-old Wu, bidding to become the third Chinese to win a co-sanctioned tournament after Zhang Lian-wei and Liang Wen-chong, parred his first two holes of the third round to stay two shots back of Kiradech.

ďI think I still have a good chance. Iím in the championship group and the leaderboard is very tight. It is three rounds now so anything can happen. I have to go back and sleep! Hopefully I get enough rest and play well,Ē said Wu, who became the first Chinese to win in Japan last season.

ďI have to pray hard Ö My game is in very good shape and I feel confident. Everything is good. Iím just happy to be in this tournament. Any finish is good for me. I donít want to think about winning yet. I just want to stay happy,Ē added the smiling Chinese, who is playing on a sponsorís invitation.

Indiaís Jeev Milkha Singh made a charge up the leaderboard by playing his 11 holes in five under and moving up to eight-under for the championship.

S. Murthy, one of three Malaysians to make the halfway cut, stands at six-under through four holes of his third and final round with 19-year-old amateur Gavin Green a further shot back where he is two under for his round through 10 holes.

S.Murthyl

S. Murthy is hoping lightning will strike twice as inclement weather saved his day again at the rain-shortened US$2.75 million Maybank Malaysian Open on Saturday.

The Malaysian veteran struggled through four holes of the third and final round at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club, playing four holes in one over par and dropping to six-under for the championship in tied 19th position. He is five shots behind leader Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand when play was called off at 4.02pm.

On Friday afternoon, Murthy, who shot a superb first round 67, was three over through seven holes of his second round but was saved by the weather suspension. He returned this morning and brilliantly fought back with four birdies and one eagle to sign for a 70.

The 42-year-old is hoping he can bounce back again on Sunday morning when play resumes at 9.45am at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.

ďHonestly, I was quite happy play was suspended. I finished eight holes in the morning (second round) and I was one over after four holes. Now I have time to think about my game and relax a bit,Ē said Murthy.

His best finish was equal 56th in the 1999 Malaysian Open but knows he must produce the fireworks in his remaining 14 holes if he is to become the first local player to lift the Seagram Trophy.

Murthy is not thinking too far ahead just yet and simply wants to concentrate on his own game. ďI still want to hit more fairways and make more putts. Iím not thinking about the title at all. I want to do and try my best. I want to take things one shot at a time. It is going to be an interesting final round and Iím not too far from the leader,Ē he smiled.

Murthy was delighted to have the strong support from the Malaysian crowd and his wife, Nanthini, who has been loyally following her husband despite the harsh humidity and thunderstorms.

ďI always enjoy the crowd support. Iím looking forward to some crowds following my group,Ē said Murthy.

Gavin Kyle Green

Highly rated Malaysian amateur Gavin Green negotiated 11 holes in two under and stood at five-under for the championship in joint 25th place. ďI think Iíll just have to play better tomorrow in my last seven holes, try to finish good and see what happens,Ē he said.

The 19-year-old, who was the first Malaysian amateur to make the halfway cut in 10 years, is still determined to finish inside the top-20 which will boost his amateur world ranking.

ďIím a bit more relaxed but I still want to finish in the top-20. I want to stay in the top-50 (in the amateur world ranking) so that I get exempted into the US Amateur. Thatís what Iím aiming for. Iím 49th right now, so the higher up I finish here, the better for me,Ē said Green.

The 19-year-old Malaysian Amateur champion, who is studying at the University of New Mexico, is relishing the experience of playing alongside the elite cast at the Maybank Malaysian Open.

He was paired with 2011 Maybank Malaysian Open winner Matteo Manassero of Italy and current Asian Tour Order of Merit leader Gaganjeet Bhullar of India in the opening two days and will continue the third and final round with multiple Asian Tour winner Prayad Marksaeng and 2011 Iskandar Johor Open champion Joost Luiten of the Netherlands.

ďI think Iíll just have to try and finish good and see what happens. Iím going to try to hit some putts early tomorrow morning. Only seven holes to play so I want to aim to be more aggressive as there are not many holes left for me. Weíll see how it goes. Iím really enjoying the experience,Ē he said.

Top-ranking Malaysian Danny Chia, however, struggled; making the cut but ending today's play on par after nine holes.

Elsewhere, former world number one Luke Donald crashed out of the tournament today, having finished with a disappointing 3 over par and failing to make the cut. It was a surprising end for the English world number three, and puts his attempt to regain the number one spot further out of reach.

Play resumes tomorrow at 9:45am, leaving it all to play for. With the shortened length and so many players clustered around the top spot, it will surely be a nail-biting and exciting conclusion to the prestigious Maybank Malaysian Open 2013.

Leading Third And Final Round Scores

-11: Kiradech APHIBARNRAT (THA) through 2 holes
-10: Charl SCHWARTZEL (RSA) through 2 holes
-9: Anders HANSEN (DEN) through 8 holes, Edoardo MOLINARI (ITA) through 5 holes, Padraig HARRINGTON (IRL) through 4 holes, Victor DUBUISSON through 4 holes, Gregory BOURDY (FRA) through 3 holes, WU Ashun (CHN) through 2 holes
-8: Jeev Milkha SINGH(IND) through 11 holes, Peter LAWRIE (IRL) through 6 holes, Jean GONNET (FRA) through 10 holes, Alastair FORSYTH (SCO) through 8 holes, Rafa CABRERA-BELLO (ESP) through 7 holes, Tommy FLEETWOOD (ENG)

~~~~~ENDS~~~~~

Click the link below for full scoring on Day 3:
Day 3 Result

Sponsor
Final Round
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3540 MYGOLF

Brialliant Kiradech Claims Supersized Victory At Maybank Malaysian Open

Kiradech Aphibarnrat with Trophy

Kuala Lumpur, 24 March 2013: Thailandís Kiradech Aphibarnrat completed a sensational wire-to-wire victory at the weather-shortened Maybank Malaysian Open when he overcame a host of stars with a gutsy performance on Sunday.

The big-hitting 23-year-old held his nerve for a battling two-under-par 70 to lift his second Asian Tour title by one-shot from Ryder Cup star Edoardo Molinari of Italy, who signed off with a 67, at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.

Anders Hansen of Denmark shot a 66 to finish two shots back while 2011 Masters champion Charl Schwartzel of South Africa settled for tied fourth position following a 71 in the US$2.75 million championship sanctioned by the Asian Tour and European Tour.

Kiradech, who is the fourth Thai after Thongchai Jaidee, Thaworn Wiratchant and Chapchai Nirat to win a co-sanctioned tournament, said: ďIím so happy this week. Iím proud of myself and for my family. I almost won here a few years ago (2010) and finally I made it. Iím so happy.

With a winnerís cheque of US$458,330, Kiradech jumped to the top of the Asian Tourís Order of Merit with his seasonís haul of US$594,230.

The burly Thai, dubbed Asiaís John Daly due to his physique and style of play, had to overcome tiredness because of a thyroid problem and four days of weather disruptions to prevail at the Maybank Malaysian Open which was reduced into a three-round tournament.

He led by one shot through 15 holes of the third and final round when play was suspended for two hours because of a lightning storm and came back out shaking at the prospects of winning his careerís biggest title yet.

Kiradech Aphibarnrat

He birdied the 16th hole upon the resumption of play from four feet to open up a two-shot advantage and then enjoyed a stroke of fortune when his approach into the 17th green ended just a few feet from the water hazard. After leaving his chip some 15 feet short of the flag, Kiradech drained his par putt and celebrated with a clenched fist.

Playing it safe with an iron off the tee on the last, a closing bogey did not matter as his three-day total of 13-under-par 203 was one clear of Molinari.

ďAfter I made birdie on 16, I knew I had a chance to win. But in golf, you canít say you can win when youíre not finished. I was lucky my ball was still safe (on 17). If it rolled into the hazard, it would be tough to win. But I concentrated hard on 18. Iíve played here for about 20 times, and on 18, I think Iíve birdied it more than 10 times. Bogey was so tough but it was good enough to win,Ē said a beaming Kiradech

ďDuring the suspension, I couldnít eat anything. I was so excited. When I walked out, everything was shaking, even my voice. My caddie told me to just concentrate, just two more holes. Iím lucky that I played only 54 holes. Otherwise, I am so tired due to the weather and the golf course.Ē

Molinari, who was getting ready to warm up for a possible play-off, was disappointed he only made par at the closing 18th hole after a wayward drive. ďI felt if I birdied the last I might have won outright because it puts a lot of pressure on the guy coming up behind,Ē said the Italian.

ďItís mixed emotions because Iím very happy to have a good week for the first time in a long time. The swing changes (with new coach Sean Foley) are starting to pay off which is surprising because I thought it would take a lot longer. But Iím disappointed because I had a lot of chances on the back nine. The 18th is only the second fairway I missed all day which is very disappointing.Ē

Schwartzel, playing in the last group with Kiradech, rued the missed opportunity to emulate countryman Louis Oosthuizen, who won the Maybank Malaysian Open last season. ďIt was disappointing. Itís a hard week with being on and off the course the whole time. Itís difficult to find any rhythm. I feel like I swung the club pretty well, but I didnít play that well today,Ē said the South African, who was searching for his second title in Asia after winning the Thailand Golf Championship last December.

ďI was hitting terrible iron shots from the middle of the fairways. Thatís my strength. For some reason I was hitting short irons all over the shop. What can I do? Kiradech did well. I wouldíve liked to have applied a bit more pressure on him.Ē

Chinaís Wu Ashun was the next best Asian in tied 11th place on 208 after closing with a 73 while Malaysian amateur Gavin Green enjoyed a creditable equal 22nd place finish after a closing 69 fir a 210 total.

Final Day Round Scores

203 Kiradech APHIBARNRAT (THA) 65-68-70.
204 Edoardo MOLINARI (ITA) 66-71-67.
205 Anders HANSEN (DEN) 66-73-66.
206 Victor DUBUISSON (FRA) 67-69-70, Charl SCHWARTZEL (RSA) 67-68-71.
207 Pablo LARRAZABAL (ESP) 69-70-68, Mark FOSTER (ENG) 69-69-69, Alexander NOREN (SWE) 69-68-70, David HOWELL (ENG) 69-68-70, Padraig HARRINGTON (IRL) 69-68-70.
208 Thomas AIKEN (RSA) 71-71-66, Joonas GRANBERG (FIN) 71-68-69, Peter LAWRIE (IRL) 68-69-71, Tommy FLEETWOOD (ENG) 70-66-72, Gregory BOURDY (FRA) 66-69-73, WU Ashun (CHN) 67-68-73.
209 Jeev Milkha SINGH (IND) 71-70-68, Mikko ILONEN (FIN) 70-70-69, Matteo MANASSERO (ITA) 69-71-69, Lee SLATTERY (ENG) 68-70-71, Scott JAMIESON (SCO) 66-72-71.
210 Gavin GREEN (am, MAS) 73-68-69, Joost LUITEN (NED) 69-71-70, Shiv KAPUR (IND) 72-71-67, Rafa CABRERA-BELLO (ESP) 72-67-71, LIANG Wen-chong (CHN) 70-68-72, Stephen GALLACHER (SCO) 71-73-66.
211 Ignacio GARRIDO (ESP) 70-71-70, Alvaro QUIROS (ESP) 75-67-69, Alastair FORSYTH (SCO) 69-70-72, Prom MEESAWAT (THA) 68-71-72, Jbe KRUGER (RSA) 73-71-67.

~~~~~ENDS~~~~~

Click the link below for full scoring on Final day:
Final Day Result

hklam

175 MYGOLF
Our local pro Murthy had his round unravelled over 2 holes (the 9th & 10th). Poor fellow, hope he comes back stronger next time. Anyways, acccolades to him for putting in 2 good rounds, and sitting amongst the leaders the first 2 days.

hklam

Mizuno MP 64 4 Iron True Temper
Honma TW737 Forged 5 - PW NSP Modus Tour 105
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.08
Titleist Vokey SM5 60.08 M-Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport Limited Edition
Titleist Pro V or Pro V1x balls
Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO Staff Standbag
Maybank Malaysian Open 2013