Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Mickelson Dominates, Wins Going Away With RAZR Fit Xtreme

Mickelson Dominates, Wins Going Away With RAZR Fit Xtreme
Callaway
Callaway Golf Malaysia
Callaway Golf Malaysia

9 MYGOLF
Mickelson Dominates, Wins Going Away With RAZR Fit Xtreme

In his first tournament playing the RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver, Phil Mickelson bombed huge drives all week on the way to a dominating wire-to-wire win at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Mickelson consistently split the fairways with towering 300+ yard drives and came within a lip-out of shooting 59 in the first round. The Hall of Famer was quick to credit his driver throughout the event.

“I finally gave our new RAZR Fit Xtreme a chance and I tell you what, on Tuesday when I hit it, I kept looking up and I was almost in disbelief at how easy it was, how straight it was,” Mickelson said after his brilliant opening round 60 on Thursday.

His driver has 8.1° of actual loft with a 5 gram weight in the toe and 3 grams in the heel. The 45″ shaft is a Mistubishi Rayon Fubuki K. 059 prototype model 70X.

As the week progressed, he offered more details on why Xtreme performed so well for him:

“The driver spins so low that I can have more loft on the club, making it easier to hit,” Mickelson said. “This has got to be good for every player I would think, but it sure as heck is good for me. And by having it be a low spin driver with enough loft, and because it’s that RAZR Fit Xtreme where you can fit it, I was able to get it dialed in to where it goes straight.”

And his great quotes kept coming:

“If I drive it like this and feel as easy as I do over the driver, my iron – the strength of my game is my iron play,” Mickelson said. “So if I can drive it like I did and with the ease with which I did and the misses be where they were, then this could be a really big deal for me.”

Mickelson used RAZR Fit Xtreme, a HEX Black Tour Ball , RAZR X Muscleback Irons (4-P) and an Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter to earn his 41st PGA Tour win. He led the field in birdies and greens in regulation, finished a remarkable 28-under for the week and thrilled the record-breaking crowds with his spectacular play.

We’d like to congratulate Phil on his exciting win, and we can’t wait to root for him as he defends his championship at the AT&T National Pebble Beach Pro-Am. You can congratulate Phil too on the comment wall below or on our Callaway Facebook and Twitter pages.

Way to go, Phil!

Link