In total there are 254 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 254 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic ball go high and short distance

ball go high and short distance
metalcrazey

10 MYGOLF
im still newbie. im a fat man. 160kg. please teach me how a fat man swing. i use iron 7. my ball go high and the distance only reach 80m only. need someone to tell me how to stand and swing for a fat man.
View user's profileFind all posts by metalcrazeySend private messageYahoo Messenger
laser

256 MYGOLF
look at +sized pros swing on youtube... 1st name i thot of was fei jai kiradech aphibarnrat... but he's just 104kg... try this list http://www.mygolfspy.com/10-heaviest-golfers-pga-tour/ ... no offence meant Smile
Sponsor
magic

2858 MYGOLF
there are too many reason your balls went too high, and result short distance. 1 of the main reason is your finishing.

Until you can posted a video of your golf swing, I doubt anybody here could know exactly what is your swing problem. or else our comments will not help you better.

and, Fat, is not the reason you swing it badly.
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Zahidinho

75 MYGOLF
Body size has nothing to do with the ability to swing the club. I can attest to that because I weigh 100kg +. I think the only thing that affect the ability of hitting the ball far is flexibility (i.e how far can you rotate your shoulder) and balance (i.e how fast can you turn without falling over). Other than that, its technique.

Now without seeing your swing it's hard to point out the problem.If you are a fairly young guy with no serious medical condition, there is no reason that you cannot hit a 7 iron farther than 80m.

Keep training, keep reading books, keep pestering your friend who is a good golfer to give you advice. eventually you get it.

If you are really serious about golf, then find a golf pro to help

Fairway Wood : Cleveland Launcher 7 Wood HT w/ Fujikura Fit On M Gold 55
Hybrid : Cleveland Launcher 3 Hybrid 20.5 w/ Fujikura Fit On M Gold 55
Iron : MIZUNO MP53 4 - PW w/ NSRPO 950GH Stiff
Wedge : MIZUNO MPT11 50 and 54 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter : Odyssey #1 w/ Superstroke Ultraslim 1.0
gordon042

170 MYGOLF
Sometimes I tend to 'scoop' my shots (iron and driver) and I get high shots and loss of distance. Realized that on some shots, I kept my weight on the right on the downswing, instead of shifting from right to left. Not sure if that's the problem but I think weight transfer is crucial regardless of one's build.

Irons: PXG 0311 (5-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab No.7
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
Sponsor
chandennis

20 MYGOLF
Is not how you drive is how you arrive Laughing
View user's profileFind all posts by chandennisSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
laser

256 MYGOLF
bros ... our friend here is 160kg lah... that's 350lbs compared to that Guy Boros whose pic is on the list & who ONLY weighs 265 lbs and stands at 6ft (google la). Unless metalcrazey is way taller than 6ft, I suspect he might be seriously challenged in terms of making a swing.

>> metalcrazey... if i were you, i wouldn't even think of buying clubs off the shelf or off a forum ... you'd best go to a coach and a clubfitter to get it right imho
azri

206 MYGOLF
I think you probably are scooping the ball. Trust the club and hit down. Start with short iron then build it up. Also y. ou may not grip well so hard to swing. Scooping may also come from your wrist flipping through the swing. Look at some utube videos for cclues.
laser

256 MYGOLF
hahaha i missed your newbie post ... if i knew u started only 2 weeks, i'd have told u to just borrow or buy say a pitching wedge first ... unless of course you're like that rich dude who went to indonesia to play his virgin game LOL

With your size, do you really think you can execute the same swing as smaller person? you got it right when u ask how u should stand. u probably know you can't make a big backswing around your body like the lean guys can. i'm lean but i'll guess that you probably have to bend over more at your waist and have a more vertical swing plane, and depending on how tall you are, don't you think the length of your club is critical? if u do, then u'll understand why i think you should get custom fitted clubs

btw, have a look at craig stadler's swing analysis on youtube. he's 5'10" and only 250 lbs.

when u are really serious, go to a pro ASAP

.... one who's a big guy or who has experience with big guys Twisted Evil
azri

206 MYGOLF
Not to offend you, also good idea to start slim down a bit. Besides the obvious health reasons. You need some stamina to navigate 18 holes. Especially when you are hacking all over the place. Once I played with a friend - social player.. Quite big size. After 1st 9..almos want to faint. We end the game before we end 18th hole. Golf can also help you slim down. Try to walk more.
Sponsor
metalcrazey

10 MYGOLF
thank you for your advised my bro. im very interested in golf now. i hope one day i will play well.
View user's profileFind all posts by metalcrazeySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Aaron Khoo

23 MYGOLF
Hi Newbie, don't think of so many variations is your new golf game, first let me just advice you. golf is about Perspective, Practice and Persistent.

So don't be so eager to go to the course, focus on your swing, feel the swing and rhythm and than focus on your striking ability. This will go on at least 3~4 months ( if you are practicing daily then will be much shorter period) When swing one iron, (7 iron) make sure you feel the striking the ball ( of course you need a golf pro to correct your swing, no short cut unless natural talent)

At the same if you have passion in golf, your weight has to come down and at the same time built endurance strength to you knee (meaning strengthening your knee) because it gonna carry you for at least 6km (lucky today we have buggy) but still you are obese.

My first 18 holes is after spending alot of time in the driving range, as I do extreme sports (Triathlon and Marathons, swimming and cycling (imagine the fitness level I have, after 9 holes mentally I gave and sitting on the buggy pump out. I always thought what is golf compare to extreme sports, now I am in my 9th year playing golf and playing at 10 h'capp (age 56 now) so be patient and have passion in golf and some scarifies from family time if you can afford to. Good luck

Irons: Mizuono MP4 5~P wedges
Wedges: 51,56-8 and 54-10 Miura
Putter: Super Stroke
Remeber; alway keep focus and keep ball on fairway and when in trouble, get out of trouble, don't be stubborn.To play good golf remember the 3P's (Practice, Persistent & Perspective)
View user's profileFind all posts by Aaron KhooSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressMSN Messenger
laser

256 MYGOLF
Aaron Khoo wrote:
Hi Newbie, don't think of so many variations is your new golf game, first let me just advice you. golf is about Perspective, Practice and Persistent.

So don't be so eager to go to the course, focus on your swing, feel the swing and rhythm and than focus on your striking ability. This will go on at least 3~4 months ( if you are practicing daily then will be much shorter period) When swing one iron, (7 iron) make sure you feel the striking the ball ( of course you need a golf pro to correct your swing, no short cut unless natural talent)

At the same if you have passion in golf, your weight has to come down and at the same time built endurance strength to you knee (meaning strengthening your knee) because it gonna carry you for at least 6km (lucky today we have buggy) but still you are obese.

My first 18 holes is after spending alot of time in the driving range, as I do extreme sports (Triathlon and Marathons, swimming and cycling (imagine the fitness level I have, after 9 holes mentally I gave and sitting on the buggy pump out. I always thought what is golf compare to extreme sports, now I am in my 9th year playing golf and playing at 10 h'capp (age 56 now) so be patient and have passion in golf and some scarifies from family time if you can afford to. Good luck

good advice there ... i meet loads of beginners where i play. Some have invested time in the driving range, many haven't. Those who haven't are the ones who really slow down and spoil the atmosphere for everybody else. Worse of all, I noticed that even among those who did their time at the driving range, most have no idea about etiquette. So to add to Aaron's advice, I'd add that beginners should learn etiquette before they think about stepping on the course.

There are many resources on the net ... simply google golf etiquette as I've already done for you ....
ball go high and short distance