Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Thanks guys.

Very unforgiving combo. A strict taskmaster, demanding perfection, or you will get a slice.

After slicing through most shots, finally managed to get one right and it flew well and set up a birdie on a par 5 from black tee, something I've never done at the hole at Bangi.

Went back to the range, took some videos, and saw that when I flush it, the impact position looks good, with a distinct hint of a Ben Hogan flavour in the angles. Ada sikit sikit la. But it does not allow anything to go wrong or the error is magnified.

(John 6:35 ESV)

Royster

MYGOLF
Hi Bro, the ADAM Super LS series have a titanium face.
The sound will be nicer than the S series, can you give some review?
US brand rarely use Titanium face on driver and woods these days.

Sponsor
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Royster wrote:
Hi Bro, the ADAM Super LS series have a titanium face.
The sound will be nicer than the S series, can you give some review?
US brand rarely use Titanium face on driver and woods these days.

Well, you can count on Adams to stay on the cutting edge, although I have to say, to my recollection Tour Edge Exotics was the first to venture into titanium.

As else being equal, titanium will trounce steel anytime.

I do not have the S series, so I can compare the Super LS with it. But I can certainly vouch for the crisp sound that the titanium face of the Super LS makes with a good impact.

However, in terms of feel, there is some drawback in the Super LS, which I think is caused by the velocity slot. It mutes the sound/feedback somewhat. So you expect the ball won't go far. But the ball flies! Huh? Your brain finds it can't relate the impressive ball flight to the lack of feedback, compared to a regular steel head. Gradually, one gets used to it, after mental re calibration.

But, catch a good one, and the velocity slot shows what it's for. Just watch how far the ball will carry. On trackman today, I carried a few shots 210m on just 95mph swing speed - cannot hammer yet, still getting used to the club/shaft combo, that's my excuse for now. Smash factor was consistently around 1.49, and spin and launch angle numbers were in the ideal range for the given swing speed and ball speed. I am especially pleased at how spin numbers are coming down.

So, to sum up this very short review, the Super LS gives good ball flight, low spin, crisp titanium sound, and though the overall feel/feedback is somewhat muted, you won't complain when you see the results, both in terms of trackman numbers and in the real world.

Lee36328

MYGOLF
Adding to the above, my only disappointment w the Super LS was that the head was so light. I weighed it today, and compared it with the Titleist 909D2 head. The Super LS was noticeably lighter.

I was wondering why the Blacktie shaft felt so nice and smooth with the 909D2, whereas it really felt every bit double XX with the Super LS. Now I know. I may resort to adding some lead tape later.

Lee36328

MYGOLF
After finding the best spine, and adding some lead tape to bring the swingweight to E1, the Adams Super LS/Black Tie combo is now a smash hit with me, literally. Both the head and the shaft came alive in this setting.

Such joy to just smack the daylights of the the ball with this thing.

And the former reservation about the muted sound has fallen to the wayside. It now gives a satisfying titanium metallic note on impact.

There is a school of thought that spining does not really work. After this, I would have to beg to differ.

Sponsor
Lee36328

MYGOLF
So, after thorough enjoying the Black Tie shaft with the Adams driver, and proving to myself I can tame 'The Monster' as my playing partners call it, I decided to build the same set up for the 3 wood.

So I paired this:

with the Black Tie 8M3, XX flex, 85 gram, tipped one inch.

And sure enough, distance increased, launch slightly lowered, tip noticeably more stable through impact, and dispersion tightened.

On the first game with this combo, it brought me to new places on the course I did not reach before with the 3-wood. Interesting. Looking forward to my next round with it.

Lee36328

MYGOLF
The experiment bore the results I was hoping for. It's been several rounds and the Adamsgolf Super LS 3-wood/BlackTie 8M3 shaft combo is performing well.

Much to my further surprise, it is sometimes longer than my previous driver. It gets me to spots on the course where the previous driver would struggle to reach.

Am now very pleased with the Super LS driver and 3 wood and the BlackTie shafts.

Next, wondering whether or not to put my Adams hybrids in formal evening wear attire as well because to match the weight, I should have 90+ grams for the hybrid shafts.

The fun continues.

Lee36328

MYGOLF
khairul203 wrote:
nice...

hopefully it could improve ur game, gud luck bro!

To answer your question bro, after 2 months plus of practicing with the clubs and working on the demands they put on the swing, looks like it has.

Already I see some results beginning to come in. Got two sub-90 rounds back to back recently, the lowest this year.

Last week, one round with 3 pars and 3 birdies, regular course, bermuda grass.

And yesterday, a round with 4 consecutive pars on first nine and 2 more on the second nine, unfamiliar course, cow grass. Now I know why some people insist on playing escalation when betting. Cool It was windy, and they were sanding the green, so no birdies. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Lets see how it holds up for the next few rounds.

Lee36328

MYGOLF
Worked so well, am now looking for this... the successor to the Adams Pro Black.

elwt85

MYGOLF
Hi Lee,

What's your say when comparing a 60g vs 70-80g shaft on the driver? I've always thought that us Asian would struggle with a heavier shaft.

Regards,
Eric
Sponsor
Lee36328

MYGOLF
elwt85 wrote:
Hi Lee,

What's your say when comparing a 60g vs 70-80g shaft on the driver? I've always thought that us Asian would struggle with a heavier shaft.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric.

Thank you for your question. What a good question too.

The full answer would be very long, best addressed in another setting.

The short(ish) answer below.

I wish they made them even heavier and stiffer.

The struggle you mentioned above has nothing to do with whether we are Asian or other ethnic background. The fundamental premise is incorrect.

To illustrate roughly, it's like if we search for the edge of the world. we are presuming the world is flat. We will never find it.

So, if I may be so bold, I would like to offer the following re-framing of the response: Asians (or whoever) are not struggling with heavy shaft. Rather, the premise should be turned on its head; they are currently struggling with their light shaft.

elwt85

MYGOLF
Thanks Lee, I've always wanted to try the heavier and stiffer shafts but was turned down by few club fitters. I mean no harm but was told that generally Asians are unable to handle it just yet.

Maybe I should just try it myself! Very Happy
Lee36328

MYGOLF
From the first post on this thread as I started my golf journey, after 3 years, 7 months, 28 days,

eureka!

... finally.

magic

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
From the first post on this thread as I started my golf journey, after 3 years, 7 months, 28 days,

eureka!

... finally.

finally you are a good player Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:

eureka!

... finally.
finally.. gimme 6-6? Wink

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Sponsor
Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance