We have 6920 registered users
The newest registered user is LarrySef

Our users have posted a total of 107316 articles within 14067 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 429 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 429 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1614 on Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Reply to topic Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ST

MYGOLF
Guys,please Pratice more short games when got free time Smile .....
zglim

MYGOLF
hi, can i know what to put image into the post . The pic is taken from my computers. thanks
Sponsor
Denmeister

MYGOLF
zglim wrote:
hi, can i know what to put image into the post . The pic is taken from my computers. thanks

Hi zglim,

Please go to the link below. Instructions on how to attach images to your post.

http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9911
Posting on Selling own used equipment
Joeypwc

MYGOLF
Hi,

I have been using mygolf web sites for quite a while, and I have found it useful, with all the information, thus keeping coming back for more, and even recommend to friends to come onto this web sites.

However, I found that the rules of "Having 50 post or more" before anyone can post on selling their own used equipment does not make sense at all. As a frequent user of the forum, not posting any comment does not means we are not supporting the websites, or we are not contributing to this sites at all, as we are generating repeated traffic and recommendation to friends to the sites (And definitely better than those who just post meaningless "Bump", "Smiley face" on the forum for nothing).

I respect the moderator to carry out their job to follow the rules, but this is one rule that I cannot find a good logic behind it at all, and it is disappointing.
Re: Posting on Selling own used equipment
smasher11

MYGOLF
Joeypwc wrote:
Hi,

I have been using mygolf web sites for quite a while, and I have found it useful, with all the information, thus keeping coming back for more, and even recommend to friends to come onto this web sites.

However, I found that the rules of "Having 50 post or more" before anyone can post on selling their own used equipment does not make sense at all. As a frequent user of the forum, not posting any comment does not means we are not supporting the websites, or we are not contributing to this sites at all, as we are generating repeated traffic and recommendation to friends to the sites (And definitely better than those who just post meaningless "Bump", "Smiley face" on the forum for nothing).

I respect the moderator to carry out their job to follow the rules, but this is one rule that I cannot find a good logic behind it at all, and it is disappointing.

I must say I agree with what you are saying and not sure about the logic behind this rule?! For a newbie like me, when I click on 3 different links today in the BST area only to find the 3 new posts deleted was a bit annoying...maybe when deleting the post delete the heading altogether so people don't even get to click on them...
Sponsor
Re: Posting on Selling own used equipment
Shawn

MYGOLF
Joeypwc wrote:
Hi,

I agree about this too. While i think the reason behind it is not to let simply anybody outside of the forummers free advertising to their merchandise, however, if they can give better discount to fellow members, it will only benefit us who like to try/buy new tools.

Kindly review this rule please. Smile
Jajazz

MYGOLF
it is clear that the moderator conducts his activities based on his best interest, or what he thinks it's the thread's best interest. He does not thoroughly see through all angles. I believe a person who has joined for 3,4 yrs is obviously more than eligible to post on BST as compared to a guy who just joined for 3 days n posts non-sensical stuff n gets the privillege instead. As i said earlier, moderator did not assess and take into account all factors before deciding on the rule. "Take it, or leave it" literally applies here. Which is obviously dissappointing, as we golfers often wanna create good caramaderie amongst ourselves. But i think, we should just let it rest, i believe the moderator has already received a lot of stick for this. No changes have been made whatsoever. It's pointless.
okwoon

MYGOLF
Jajazz wrote:
it is clear that the moderator conducts his activities based on his best interest, or what he thinks it's the thread's best interest. He does not thoroughly see through all angles. I believe a person who has joined for 3,4 yrs is obviously more than eligible to post on BST as compared to a guy who just joined for 3 days n posts non-sensical stuff n gets the privillege instead. As i said earlier, moderator did not assess and take into account all factors before deciding on the rule. "Take it, or leave it" literally applies here. Which is obviously dissappointing, as we golfers often wanna create good caramaderie amongst ourselves. But i think, we should just let it rest, i believe the moderator has already received a lot of stick for this. No changes have been made whatsoever. It's pointless.

You may have a point here. I am reminded of the life insurance policy which will exclude claim payout if the insured commits suicide within the first year of the policy. After a year, the exclusion is no longer prohibitive. Cool
Jajazz

MYGOLF
okwoon wrote:
Jajazz wrote:

You may have a point here. I am reminded of the life insurance policy which will exclude claim payout if the insured commits suicide within the first year of the policy. After a year, the exclusion is no longer prohibitive. Cool

ermmm ok...i'm trying to relate ur point here..not succeeding yet Very Happy
okwoon

MYGOLF
Jajazz wrote:
okwoon wrote:
Jajazz wrote:

ok, let me see if i can explain my thoughts.

The insurance company does not want people who want to take it for a ride.

imagine someone who has a wish to end his life soon by commiting suicide . But if he dies, then his family or dependants may be without a bread wnner. So immediately he buys a life insurance first and soon after ends his life. His family can then claim the sum insured and thus be financially taken care of.

In short, the act of buying the life insurance is for the pre-conceived motive to get the insurance money immediately for the family. That's why the insurance company imposes "first year, cannot commit suicide" condition to foil such financial planning.
Linking it here, the immediate motive of a seller is to sell something.. This could be realised by joining as a member and then immedately posting to sell his stuff. So the BST rule also tries to deter the immediate member, immediate seller situation.

But going back to the insurance policy, if the insured survives the 1st year, then the insurance company will pay out the claim even if the insured does kill himself after the first year. The simple view is that no one plans their suicide at least year ahead.

Again, linking it to BST, IT IS UNLIKELY that anyone will join the forum now, with the premeditated intention to sell something a year later. That is what i meant by saying that you may have a point since you said, "I believe a person who has joined for 3,4 yrs is obviously more than eligible to post on BST..."

Sponsor
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

MYGOLF
Guys,
Thanks for all the input. We are looking into it.

Jajaaz,
Our moderators are conducting based on our written rules and what it may seen as fit. It's their task.
Hope that clarified one of your question.

Thanks.
Brian.
Site Admin.

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
IGT

MYGOLF
If "BST" is the only reason to join the forum, yet whining about the rules and regulations; probably should consider some where else.

MYGOLF
I propose that a minimum of 50 posts or membership of 1 year shall qualify a member to post in the BST. This will prevent the opportunistic from taking advantage of the BST because the free membership in this forum is not all about BST but to grow and foster fellowship among golfers.
Joeypwc

MYGOLF
Hi,

With several other forumers posting having the same feeling about this rules, we really hope the rules to be review accordingly, as people like me that join since 2010 (3 years ago!) should be consider the forum loyal users, and why are we being "discriminated" just because we are "quiet users"? Thanks.

gbrian wrote:
Guys,
Thanks for all the input. We are looking into it.

Jajaaz,
Our moderators are conducting based on our written rules and what it may seen as fit. It's their task.
Hope that clarified one of your question.

Thanks.
Brian.
Site Admin.
Joeypwc

MYGOLF
Hi,

Understand your view, but I feel bad cause I'm a forum member since Mar 2010 le!!!

To block people from sign and and sell, just enforce 3 months probation period, in Internet time, 3 months is equal to forever, those people will not have the patient and they will go somewhere else...

Cheers to all.

okwoon wrote:
Jajazz wrote:
okwoon wrote:
Jajazz wrote:

ok, let me see if i can explain my thoughts.

The insurance company does not want people who want to take it for a ride.

imagine someone who has a wish to end his life soon by commiting suicide . But if he dies, then his family or dependants may be without a bread wnner. So immediately he buys a life insurance first and soon after ends his life. His family can then claim the sum insured and thus be financially taken care of.

In short, the act of buying the life insurance is for the pre-conceived motive to get the insurance money immediately for the family. That's why the insurance company imposes "first year, cannot commit suicide" condition to foil such financial planning.
Linking it here, the immediate motive of a seller is to sell something.. This could be realised by joining as a member and then immedately posting to sell his stuff. So the BST rule also tries to deter the immediate member, immediate seller situation.

But going back to the insurance policy, if the insured survives the 1st year, then the insurance company will pay out the claim even if the insured does kill himself after the first year. The simple view is that no one plans their suicide at least year ahead.

Again, linking it to BST, IT IS UNLIKELY that anyone will join the forum now, with the premeditated intention to sell something a year later. That is what i meant by saying that you may have a point since you said, "I believe a person who has joined for 3,4 yrs is obviously more than eligible to post on BST..."

Sponsor
Buy, Sell & Trade : Rules and Guidelines (MUST Read)