[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Callaway Razr Fit Driver vs Razr X Black

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Callaway Razr Fit Driver vs Razr X Black
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Hi all,
I'm looking for a new driver right now and I want some advice from you guys about this two driver.

What is the different? which one is the latest model? share your experience and advice me the spec that I should buy.

tq
Denmeister

147 MYGOLF
I am gaming the Razr Fit driver and absolutely love it!

However, I have been hearing positive reviews on the X Hot driver, which is one of their two latest offerings. Supposedly much longer than the Razr Fit and the latest Razr Fit Extreme.

The 2 Fits has more adjustablilty options while the X Hot only has the single cog adjustment on the hosel.
Sponsor
waque

26 MYGOLF
Bro denmeister, what shaft are u using?

Adams hybrid 3
Mizuno mp 62
Mizuno 56, 60
Scotty
Denmeister

147 MYGOLF
waque wrote:
Bro denmeister, what shaft are u using?

I actually interchange between two shafts depending on whether I want more carry or more roll.

More carry with high trajectory: Aftermarket Arthur Extreme X Caliber SL Stiff shaft (55g).
Low launch with lots of run: Stock RIP'D NV Regular shaft (60g).

Am actually thinking about trying out some new shafts: Tour AD BB 6s or Diamana B 60s.
waque

26 MYGOLF
Thanks for the info bro denmeister. Very Happy

Adams hybrid 3
Mizuno mp 62
Mizuno 56, 60
Scotty
Sponsor
renegade

27 MYGOLF
I assume there are 2 different series which is Callaway Razr Fit and Callaway Razr X.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/classic-golf-equipment/razr-fit-driver.html

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/classic-golf-equipment/razr-x-black-driver.html

What is the different between this 2 model Razr Fit and Razr X Black.

tq
gordon042

170 MYGOLF
renegade wrote:
I assume there are 2 different series which is Callaway Razr Fit and Callaway Razr X.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/classic-golf-equipment/razr-fit-driver.html

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/classic-golf-equipment/razr-x-black-driver.html

tq

I have both the razr fit and razr x black. The razr fit is the newer model and I have that in the bag now. Biggest difference between the two is that the razr fit (callaway's first adjustable driver) has an adjustable hosel, so you can have the club face closed, square or open and there two weights at the sole which are interchangeable. The razr x black has no adjustable features like the weights or adjustable hosel.

I love the driver head on the razr x black, good feel, good sound and it inspires confidence. But between the two I personally prefer how the Razr fit looks and feels, not just because it has the adjustable hosel etc. (to be honest it doesn't really make a difference to me lol) I think the biggest advantage the razr fit has over the razr x black is that you can change shafts easily without having to go to a club fitter. All you need is a shaft with the razr fit adapter and you can easily change back and forth.

As Denmeister said, there is the new x-hot driver and of course the new razr fit extreme, Phil Mickelson is gaming and raving about right now. Haven't had the opportunity to try either of those yet.

Irons: PXG 0311 (5-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab No.7
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
Denmeister

147 MYGOLF
Another advantage for the callaway adjustable hosel as compared to the other branded models is it retains the same shaft spine regardless of the settings that you choose. Thats one things that all other brands did not achieve.

To elaborate further, lets say you have a multi-compound grip on your shaft and is installed in the neutral position on the shaft. If your are using the titleist 910 or 913 driver, the grip and shaft will lose its orientation when u decide to adjust from neutral to closed. Same thing happens for taylormade, ping.

Callaway's adjustability lies in its cog that is not fixed on the hosel.

For golfers who believe in spining their shafts, this feature of callaway holds a distinct advantage over the rest.

More and more positive reviews are coming in for the callaway new driver , X Hot and X Hot Pro. Time to go give it a try!
cheongXP

99 MYGOLF
DenMeister wrote:
Another advantage for the callaway adjustable hosel as compared to the other branded models is it retains the same shaft spine regardless of the settings that you choose. Thats one things that all other brands did not achieve.

To elaborate further, lets say you have a multi-compound grip on your shaft and is installed in the neutral position on the shaft. If your are using the titleist 910 or 913 driver, the grip and shaft will lose its orientation when u decide to adjust from neutral to closed. Same thing happens for taylormade, ping.

For golfers who believe in spining their shafts, this feature of callaway holds a distinct advantage over the rest.

More and more positive reviews are coming in for the callaway new driver , X Hot and X Hot Pro. Time to go give it a try!

New knowledge for me about Callaway, support point for their woods.
Maybe Taylormade R1 have same improvement, but i not sure.
Anybody could verify ?
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Gordon042 wrote:
renegade wrote:

tq

I have both the razr fit and razr x black. The razr fit is the newer model and I have that in the bag now. Biggest difference between the two is that the razr fit (callaway's first adjustable driver) has an adjustable hosel, so you can have the club face closed, square or open and there two weights at the sole which are interchangeable. The razr x black has no adjustable features like the weights or adjustable hosel.

I love the driver head on the razr x black, good feel, good sound and it inspires confidence. But between the two I personally prefer how the Razr fit looks and feels, not just because it has the adjustable hosel etc. (to be honest it doesn't really make a difference to me lol) I think the biggest advantage the razr fit has over the razr x black is that you can change shafts easily without having to go to a club fitter. All you need is a shaft with the razr fit adapter and you can easily change back and forth.

As Denmeister said, there is the new x-hot driver and of course the new razr fit extreme, Phil Mickelson is gaming and raving about right now. Haven't had the opportunity to try either of those yet.

Thanks for the review. Good information to help me to decide which driver should i buy since the price for this two driver not so much different right now.
Sponsor
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Bought a Callaway Razr Fit Driver yesterday. 10.5* loft, Regular shaft and come with spare weight (2g, 6g and 10g). Now have to figure it out how this adjustable hosel and weight configuration will improve my swing. A lot of learning process here Smile..
mizuno_player

168 MYGOLF
DenMeister wrote:

this is cool..
gordon042

170 MYGOLF
renegade wrote:
Bought a Callaway Razr Fit Driver yesterday. 10.5* loft, Regular shaft and come with spare weight (2g, 6g and 10g). Now have to figure it out how this adjustable hosel and weight configuration will improve my swing. A lot of learning process here Smile..

*Like! Very Happy

Let us know how it goes.

Irons: PXG 0311 (5-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab No.7
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
Denmeister

147 MYGOLF
renegade wrote:

Don't think that the driver will improve your swing.

The adjustability allows you to dial in the driver to your swing.

Search YouTube to learn How to make the adjustments.
You actually bought the Asian spec one which gives you additional weights to try different swing weights. The US spec ones only comes with 12g n 2g

By putting the heavier one near the hosel, it encourages the face to release/close faster. This supposedly promotes a draw.

Putting the heavier weight at the toe, the clubface will delay the release. Supposed to be good for folks who hook the ball.

As for the hosel, "c" is closed, "s" is square, "o" is open.

Closed helps counteract slicing.
Square is neutral postion
Open helps counteract hooks.

According to most adjustment instructions, play with the hosel first, then the weights.

Hope that helps.
miura

92 MYGOLF
DenMeister wrote:
I am gaming the Razr Fit driver and absolutely love it!

However, I have been hearing positive reviews on the X Hot driver, which is one of their two latest offerings. Supposedly much longer than the Razr Fit and the latest Razr Fit Extreme.

The 2 Fits has more adjustablilty options while the X Hot only has the single cog adjustment on the hosel.

Hi how many extra yards are you getting now(if any) compared to your previous driver?which is what most people here would want from a new driver.thanks
Sponsor
Callaway Razr Fit Driver vs Razr X Black