[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 – National Qualifier

Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 – National Qualifier
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3540 MYGOLF

Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 – National Qualifier: Four Winners Ready For Action!
Sasidaran Muthiah, Kemarol Baharin, Mohd Hanafiah Mohd Jamil and P.Gunasegaran Secures The Coveted Slot For Maybank Malaysian Open 2013

From left: Mohd Hanafiah Mohd Jamil, Sasidaran Muthiah, Kemarol Baharin and P.Gunasegaran

Kuala Lumpur, 27 February 2013: Four proud professional golfers namely Sasidaran Muthiah, Kemarol Baharin, Mohd Hanafiah Mohd Jamil and P.Gunasegaran claimed the coveted slots at today’s Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 – National Qualifier with a gross total score of 142, 144, 146 and 146 respectively and are on their way to share the course with some of the world’s and region’s top golfers at the prestigious Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 this March.

After an intense 2-day qualifying round, these four professional golfers managed to overtake 51 participants and came up top to complete the Malaysian Team which consists of Danny Chia, a Maybank Golf Ambassador, who automatically qualified based on his Asian Tour Order of Merit, Maybank Golf Ambassador Shaaban Hussin, 2012 Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) - Maybank Tour Players Champion Akhmal Tarmizee, Professional Golf Association of Malaysia (PGAM) Order of Merit top four professional golfers Nicholas Fung, Sukree Othman, R. Nachimuthu and Airil Rizman and GlobalOne’s nominated golfers Md Rashid Ismail, S. Murthy, S. Sivachandhran, Azman Basharuddin and Kenneth De Silva.

Sasidaran Muthiah’s patience and focus during the qualifier clearly paid off and he is now looking forward to give his best during Maybank Malaysian Open 2013. “Maybank Malaysian Open is a great avenue to gain experience. I have had good memories at the event, Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club is a favourite course of mine. It’s important for me to maintain my confidence so that I can give my best performance” he said.

President of the Malaysian Golf Association (MGA) Admiral (R) Tan Sri Dato’ Setia Mohd Anwar Mohd Nor congratulated the winners and said, “The Maybank Malaysian Open is the avenue for our local professionals to gather the experience and skills to go further in their career. I am positive that these winners will make full use of this invaluable opportunity”.

From left: Mohd Hanafiah Mohd Jamil, Sasidaran Muthiah, Kemarol Baharin, President of the Malaysian Golf Association (MGA) Admiral (R) Tan Sri Dato’ Setia Mohd Anwar Mohd Nor, Chief Marketing Officer of Maybank Mohamed Adam, P.Gunasegaran and General Manager of KLGCC Steven Thielke

Chief Marketing Officer of Maybank Mohamed Adam praised all the participants for their outstanding game and said “during this 2-day event, we have seen many talents waiting to emerge and represent Malaysia in the international arena. The enthusiasm and commitment shown by these golfers is a positive sign that the effort Maybank has put in towards golf development in Malaysia since 2006 is bearing fruit”.

~~~~~END~~~~~

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
khairul203

20 MYGOLF
wondering if i could play in the MMO and winning a million dollar.

Wedges: Nike VR Pro - 54.0* & 60.0*
Putter: Wilson Staff Black 8881
Sponsor
botak

542 MYGOLF
If I remember correctly, last year only 1 Malaysian made the half way cut. It'll be a major achievement if 2 kampung pros can make the cut this year Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
miura

92 MYGOLF
the winning 142 wont make the cut in the MMO
Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 – National Qualifier