[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Hello! I am a beginner.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Shepard and lambs
simivan

MYGOLF
rizalak wrote:
i often take out beginner flights. If you want weekend games then i suggest bukit beruntong west course. Its buggy on the course and its good practise but very hot. Kundang has many people but many beginners.

SUGGEST try courses Sunday PM, murah from other days and often just as empty as weekdays. If you want a Shepard PM me

Was wondering why forum suddenly got fired up and so many shepards.
Now I know why.
Re: Shepard and lambs
KZG2001

MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
rizalak wrote:
i often take out beginner flights. If you want weekend games then i suggest bukit beruntong west course. Its buggy on the course and its good practise but very hot. Kundang has many people but many beginners.

SUGGEST try courses Sunday PM, murah from other days and often just as empty as weekdays. If you want a Shepard PM me

Now I know why.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Re: Shepard and lambs
simivan

MYGOLF
KZG2001 wrote:
simivan wrote:
rizalak wrote:

Now I know why.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Corrections should be shepards and ewes.
Also banned in Malaysia.
hklam

MYGOLF
Hi Sheryn,

Welcome to the forum.

As a start, I think the Bkt Jelutong/Guthrie short course will be a more suitable course for 1st timers like you & your friends. It plays to a 9 hole (ie. with Par 3s, 4s & 5s) Golf Course during the weekdays, and on weekends, it plays as a 18 holes (strictly Par 3s only) Golf Course. It is a walking course without any buggys or turfmates, so its good for building up your legs strength and stamina. Especially, when you can only golf during weekends, it is a good place to hone your short game (pitching & chipping) and putting, while you work on your long game (driving & iron play) at the Range.

As for driving ranges that operates till midnight, I could think of only 2 others, namely Monterez GCC Range near Kg Subang & Bkt Jelutong (their prices for range balls are quite cheap too - 200 balls for RM15/=), and the Sunway Extreme Driving Range (this place is usually very crowded & opens past midnight till wee hours in the mornings).

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
hklam

Mizuno MP 64 4 Iron True Temper
Honma TW737 Forged 5 - PW NSP Modus Tour 105
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.08
Titleist Vokey SM5 60.08 M-Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport Limited Edition
Titleist Pro V or Pro V1x balls
Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO Staff Standbag
sheryn

MYGOLF
hklam wrote:
Hi Sheryn,

Welcome to the forum.

As a start, I think the Bkt Jelutong/Guthrie short course will be a more suitable course for 1st timers like you & your friends. It plays to a 9 hole (ie. with Par 3s, 4s & 5s) Golf Course during the weekdays, and on weekends, it plays as a 18 holes (strictly Par 3s only) Golf Course. It is a walking course without any buggys or turfmates, so its good for building up your legs strength and stamina. Especially, when you can only golf during weekends, it is a good place to hone your short game (pitching & chipping) and putting, while you work on your long game (driving & iron play) at the Range.

As for driving ranges that operates till midnight, I could think of only 2 others, namely Monterez GCC Range near Kg Subang & Bkt Jelutong (their prices for range balls are quite cheap too - 200 balls for RM15/=), and the Sunway Extreme Driving Range (this place is usually very crowded & opens past midnight till wee hours in the mornings).

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
hklam

hi thanks for the suggestions. But i did read review on bukit jelutong it seems the course is not very well maintained. Thanks anyway.
Sponsor
BenC

MYGOLF
UPM weekdays morning 9 hole walking would be the best time for begineers,if not use the buggies.
Quite number of Korean ladies you will see on the course........
Bravo
simivan

MYGOLF
hklam wrote:
Hi Sheryn,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
hklam

Bravo Mr Lam
Finally some constructive suggestions and comments.
Re: Bravo
hklam

MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
hklam wrote:
Hi Sheryn,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
hklam

Bravo Mr Lam

Thanks Ivan, just playing my role as a GOOD SHEPHERD to herd some lost sheep!

simivan

MYGOLF
hklam wrote:
simivan wrote:
hklam wrote:
Hi Sheryn,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
hklam

Bravo Mr Lam

Thanks Ivan, just playing my role as a GOOD SHEPHERD to herd some lost sheep!

Oh did not know of your "shepherd" instincts or intentions as well!
Someone suggested UPM - yes but weekdays only suitable for beginners not weekends as quite crowded. And take a buggy don't try to walk as this is a much tougher course to walk then say Rahman Putra - if playing 9 holes stick to 1st Nine easier. 2nd nine is shorter but may be tougher.
If don't mind taking a drive - go and play at Port Dickson Golf & CC - especially friendly for beginners on weekdays - hardly anyone now with the Koreans away. Not sure about weekends though. The rates are weekdays all-in only RM 60 and weekends RM 90 and if over 55 is RM 50 and 70.
erizzzzz
Nagaria Vice-Captain (2011)

MYGOLF
err... hklam, ivan, can u teach a thing or two too? hahahahah Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsor
laser

MYGOLF
simivan wrote:

Someone suggested UPM - yes but weekdays only suitable for beginners not weekends as quite crowded. And take a buggy don't try to walk as this is a much tougher course to walk then say Rahman Putra - if playing 9 holes stick to 1st Nine easier. 2nd nine is shorter but may be tougher.

wahhhh UPM tougher to walk than Rahman Putra? like that must try Wink

are the buggies allowed on fairway at UPM?
sheryn

MYGOLF
thanks for all the suggestion.

I think I will probably try out the UPM first then.

I have the CIMB World Mastercard. With that card I could get free green fees for few golf courses. Just wondering anyone use the credit card for this privilege before? Do there have any hidden terms and conditions which I should be aware off?
hklam

MYGOLF
sheryn wrote:

I have the CIMB World Mastercard. With that card I could get free green fees for few golf courses. Just wondering anyone use the credit card for this privilege before? Do there have any hidden terms and conditions which I should be aware off?

I dunno about the CIMB World Mastercard, but I used to have the CIMB Infinity Visa, and they have hidden t & c, namely, restriction of only a few flights per day, weekdays only, and there must be at the very least 1 or 2 full fee paying golfer for each flight. So, ended up, if shared among all 4 golfers in a flight, you will still end up paying about RM100+ each.

Rgds,
hklam

CIMB Card
simivan

MYGOLF
sheryn wrote:

Look for JC21 - he also hold this what card and always looking for people to join up form full flight - another shepherd in disguise.
siv

MYGOLF
UPM ?? Beginner course ?

Err....I am not so sure about that....that is one tough track, let me tell you...it is challenging and if you play it for the first time by yourself or without a regular, you might decide to just give up golf...

If you are taking about beginner friendly in terms of traffic...well maybe UPM is ok, but sometimes it can get crowded, don't underestimate that place.

If you are willing to part with some extra money then I would suggest Kajang Hill GC....recently it's not been as busy. Sometimes in the morning there are just a handful of flights in play. It's a nice course, buggy can go everywhere and the course isn't too tough to figure out with a scorecard...

Just my 0.02....

Cheers
Siv
Sponsor
Hello! I am a beginner.