Most users ever online was 2141 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Reply to topic Seri Selangor Golf Club

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Re: Greens at Seri Selangor
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
ginn wrote:
simivan wrote:
Played there last Sun with Rizal & gang.
Seems there is some problem with the greens now - am no expert but maybe some disease or something - some looked like Serendah just before they closed. Saw a sign on their notice board that there will be no competition until July so maybe the greens will be back to normal by then.
But is not as bad as Perangsang and judging from the usual crowds here, most golfers still find it ok given the location.

wow! Serendah closed down? The last time I played there is with Steven ( I think Pup was there too)... btw is he still around this forum?

ginn, u asking for pup or steven Very Happy
if it's me you seeking, yes, i am still quietly around Smile

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 19 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP18-MB DG R300
Wedges : Titties Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 57
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
Re: Greens at Seri Selangor
ginn

344 MYGOLF
lil puppy wrote:
ginn wrote:
simivan wrote:
Played there last Sun with Rizal & gang.
Seems there is some problem with the greens now - am no expert but maybe some disease or something - some looked like Serendah just before they closed. Saw a sign on their notice board that there will be no competition until July so maybe the greens will be back to normal by then.
But is not as bad as Perangsang and judging from the usual crowds here, most golfers still find it ok given the location.

wow! Serendah closed down? The last time I played there is with Steven ( I think Pup was there too)... btw is he still around this forum?

ginn, u asking for pup or steven Very Happy
if it's me you seeking, yes, i am still quietly around Smile

I know you will always be around... quietly... haha.. no la, I was asking for Steven...
Sponsor
seri selangor
rosizzat1000

78 MYGOLF
just played there today.. the green is not that good.. then i lost my oakley radar inside the buggy.. what a day.. if someone found it please let me know.. black frame with red rubber.. thank u..
View user's profileFind all posts by rosizzat1000Send private messageYahoo Messenger
KH Lee
Nagaria Committee (2010)

670 MYGOLF
Played there yesterday... the greens are still in pretty bad shape & the 17th still playing as a par 3. Even the maintenance & condition of the buggy have deteriorated... either that or we got crappy ones...

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action
Putter: Too many... i confuse myself

GOLF: To get a little white ball into the little white cup... how hard can it be..? Buy me a beer and i'll tell ya.. Smile
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
KH Lee wrote:
Played there yesterday... the greens are still in pretty bad shape & the 17th still playing as a par 3. Even the maintenance & condition of the buggy have deteriorated... either that or we got crappy ones...

woohoo !!!

Sponsor
nrage33

100 MYGOLF
Played here at the beginning of April and noticed how the greens were. Sandy and patchy in places, but playable at least.

Played here again on Saturday and the greens have gotten worse! Maintenance crews were sanding every green as we were playing them. I would say maybe only 4 greens were left alone.

On the upside, I think the price may have dropped for Saturday afternoon. It was RM126 and my flightmates mentioned it was usually higher (?). But RM126 is still a bit much to play on such terrible greens.

Irons 4 - SW: Callaway X 18 Graphite Shaft (Stiff)
Wedges: Cleveland CG12 Chrome 52, CG 15 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Crimson 660
Balls: Pro V1 from outside KGNS Smile
Seri Selangor
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Played there yesterday and can report that the greens are back to normal but speed at 9 still not as fast as it was.
On a sat afternoon not really very packed and even though we teed off late almost 3 pace of play was good and finished by 7. Hole 17 still temporary par 3 fairways a bit brown and hard but rough not too punishing.
Usual hole in one celebration again when we were having a quick drink before shower so had free satay dinner
Re: Seri Selangor
kyjames

26 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Played there yesterday and can report that the greens are back to normal but speed at 9 still not as fast as it was.
On a sat afternoon not really very packed and even though we teed off late almost 3 pace of play was good and finished by 7. Hole 17 still temporary par 3 fairways a bit brown and hard but rough not too punishing.
Usual hole in one celebration again when we were having a quick drink before shower so had free satay dinner

Finally managed to play with the legendary Ivan. Thanks for the companionship. Sorry if I did anything other than the golf ethics and good manners.

James
KH Lee
Nagaria Committee (2010)

670 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:

Thanks for the update... Might have to check the course out real soon..

GOLF: To get a little white ball into the little white cup... how hard can it be..? Buy me a beer and i'll tell ya.. Smile
simivan

706 MYGOLF
kyjames wrote:
simivan wrote:

Finally managed to play with the legendary Ivan. Thanks for the companionship. Sorry if I did anything other than the golf ethics and good manners.

James

You're most welcomed - all things in order especially pace of play.
Need to comment about one of the other guy though - tend to drag his feet/shoes on the greens causing spike marks all over - a big NO NO - the greens are quite good now and really sayang to spoil it not to mention others coming behind have to putt over spike marks.
Will plan to play there again soon.
Sponsor
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
hmm...shall we mr kh lee Wink ?

KH Lee
Nagaria Committee (2010)

670 MYGOLF
Why not.... been a while since we venture there.. Cool

Kelab Golf Seri Selangor - Course Rating Updates
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Posting the first such proposed ratings for golf courses played presently

Played on 30th June, Saturday, 2012

1) Greens and overall course conditions: Greens are almost back to their old standard except at 9 maybe not be as fast as it once was. Fairways a bit brown and dry due to current hot weather without rain but very playable and possible to keep on fairway if fairly straight and accurate. Roughs are pretty manageable and anyway you are supposed not to go there. So a 4 star rating (from me)
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2) Pace of play: Was quite surprised but maybe not a lot of flights for a Saturday afternoon. We teed off almost 3.00pm already as waiting for 2 stragglers - had a choice but started on Hole 1 behind a late 3-balls who were big timers but quite low handicappers. They teed off Black and we followed suit. Managed to finish before 7.00pm - so a 4 hour round quite pleasant for a change. For a "Public course" this is another 4 star rating (but maybe not on weekdays)

3) Facilities: Nothing to shout about changing room but water pressure is much improved in the showers except for the confusing water taps - hot & cold seems to be on opposite side. They also have put in a lot of effort into their F & B now with more stalls and more choices - yes got Satay so good for those kena "Satay". Staffs are also more friendlier now. Also seems like most weekends better stay behind for a drink as usually got "hole-in-one" and free makan and drinks (but no beer). Three star from me.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

4) Affordability/Value for money: With AGSSG weekends at RM 115.00 all-in no need to take caddy and also 3-balls they do not charge single rider buggy - this is very reasonable considering the location and weekend. Surely another 4 star.

5) So overall: Almost a 4 star rating from me based on my personal requirements and expectations to serve as a rough guide to those intending to play there. Understand they will also be running a Ramadan month long promotion for weekdays night golfing @ RM 80.00 all-in tee off at 4 or was it 4-30pm.

DISCLAIMER: These are my personal observations, comments and ratings - will differ from other golfers who will have different opinions.
Re: Kelab Golf Seri Selangor - Course Rating Updates
simivan

706 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Posting the first such proposed ratings for golf courses played presently

Played on 30th June, Saturday, 2012

1) Greens and overall course conditions: Greens are almost back to their old standard except at 9 maybe not be as fast as it once was. Fairways a bit brown and dry due to current hot weather without rain but very playable and possible to keep on fairway if fairly straight and accurate. Roughs are pretty manageable and anyway you are supposed not to go there. So a 4 star rating (from me)

2) Pace of play: Was quite surprised but maybe not a lot of flights for a Saturday afternoon. We teed off almost 3.00pm already as waiting for 2 stragglers - had a choice but started on Hole 1 behind a late 3-balls who were big timers but quite low handicappers. They teed off Black and we followed suit. Managed to finish before 7.00pm - so a 4 hour round quite pleasant for a change. For a "Public course" this is another 4 star rating (but maybe not on weekdays)

3) Facilities: Nothing to shout about changing room but water pressure is much improved in the showers except for the confusing water taps - hot & cold seems to be on opposite side. They also have put in a lot of effort into their F & B now with more stalls and more choices - yes got Satay so good for those kena "Satay". Staffs are also more friendlier now. Also seems like most weekends better stay behind for a drink as usually got "hole-in-one" and free makan and drinks (but no beer). Three star from me.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

4) Affordability/Value for money: With AGSSG weekends at RM 115.00 all-in no need to take caddy and also 3-balls they do not charge single rider buggy - this is very reasonable considering the location and weekend. Surely another 4 star.

5) So overall: Almost a 4 star rating from me based on my personal requirements and expectations to serve as a rough guide to those intending to play there. Understand they will also be running a Ramadan month long promotion for weekdays night golfing @ RM 80.00 all-in tee off at 4 or was it 4-30pm.

DISCLAIMER: These are my personal observations, comments and ratings - will differ from other golfers who will have different opinions.

An update - played again on 20th July - the greens are now stated as 9.5 speed and plays almost to that. Course really in great condition. Though played too many doubles (9 in all) - will play this course again anytime.
takwee

32 MYGOLF
Just played here today, all greens are under repair so it's very sandy, disappointed!

Wedge - Mizuno MPT-10 54deg , 58deg
Putter - Scotty Cameron La Costa
Sponsor
Seri Selangor Golf Club