Goto page 1, 2  Next
TaylorMade Introduces RocketBallz™ Driver and Tour Driver
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3546 MYGOLF
TaylorMade Introduces RocketBallz™ and RocketBallz Tour Drivers

The Best of Both Worlds: New RBZ Drivers are Fast, Lightweight and Adjustable

TaylorMade Golf Company introduces a revolutionary new driver franchise called RocketBallz (RBZ) which combines speed, adjustability and two unique clubhead options — RocketBallz™ and RocketBallz Tour — designed to appeal to a wide range of players. Remarkably, the new RBZ drivers, which are packed with performance and will be played by PGA Tour stars Camilo Villegas and Jason Day, among others.

“We’re setting a new standard in the driver category as speed, adjustability and Tour-validated performance have never been so affordable,” said executive vice president Sean Toulon. “The name RocketBallz is obviously polarizing and helps capture the distance performance story but golfers cannot overlook the power of tuning these new products. Never before have we had so many fitting options in a single driver franchise; there’s a RocketBallz driver out there for everyone.”

Key to the performance and value of the RBZ drivers is the incorporation of TaylorMade’s patented Flight Control Technology (FCT) which is packaged into a modern, aerodynamically shaped clubhead outfitted with a lightweight, 50-gram shaft. With FCT, the golfer can easily adjust the performance angles (face angle, loft and lie) of the RBZ driver to one of 8 settings via the FCT sleeve. These settings allow a range of launch conditions that promote up to 60 yards of side-to-side trajectory adjustment.

RocketBallz drivers are being offered in two models: RocketBallz™ and RocketBallz Tour. The RocketBallz™ driver boasts a larger appearance at address with a standard face height, while the RocketBallz Tour driver is mid-sized at address with a deeper face. Both are traditionally shaped and feature improved aerodynamics thanks to TaylorMade’s Ultra-Thin Wall (UTW) casting process and Thick-Thin crown design.

Inverted Cone Technology Helps With Mis-Hits
The RBZ driver’s high-MOI titanium head also features TaylorMade's Inverted Cone Technology (ICT) milled directly into the back of a clubface. This technology dramatically enlarges the portion of the face that delivers high COR and fast ball speed, significantly improving performance on mis-hits.

White Crown Inspires Confidence and Eliminates Hot Spots
The RocketBallz drivers, like all new TaylorMade drivers, have a white crown color and black PVD face to provide optimum contrast against the ground to allow for easy alignment and aim. Golfers will especially notice this in lower light, such as when the tee box is in shade or shadow, on overcast days or when the sun is low in the morning and in the evening. The crown color also eliminates high-intensity "hot spots" caused by reflected sunlight that afflicts gloss-finish metalwoods.

The white crown will also make the 460cc RBZ driver appear slightly (2%) larger, which when compared to the size of the ball, translates as a key confidence builder when teeing off.

Shaft and Club Specs
The RocketBallz™ driver’s combination of lightweight shaft and lightweight grip results in overall club weight of less than 300 grams. Re-balancing the club with a slightly higher swingweight, promotes more swing speed for most golfers. TaylorMade redesigned the shaft and mass-properties of the head mass properties to create a draw-bias and without sacrificing feel and playability. The length is 46 inches, which promotes an optimum combination of clubhead speed and control.

Availability
The RocketBallz™ driver will be offered in two models to cater to a wide range of players. The RBZ driver is available in three lofts – 9.5°, 10.5° and HL (high-launch), while the RBZ Tour comes in 9° and 10.5°. The standard RBZ SuperFast Matrix Ozik XCON 5 shaft comes in four shaft flexes – S, R, M and L. The RBZ Tour model comes equipped with a Matrix Ozik XCon 6, 55-gram shaft in X, S and R flexes, with the option of 25 additional shaft choices.

Below are some videos tested by PGA Tour pro:

TaylorMade RocketBallz Fairway Fitting with Dustin Johnson

Link

TaylorMade RocketBallz fairway woods fitting with Sean O'Hair

Link

~~~~~END~~~~~

Last edited by gbrian on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Comparison between RocketBallz™ Driver and Tour Driver
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3546 MYGOLF
Comparison between RocketBallz™ Driver and Rocketballz Tour Driver

~~~~~END~~~~~

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Sponsor
headhunter7

47 MYGOLF
I wonder why does the Tour version of it looks much more saturated, and the normal version looks more "clean", usually its the other way around? And a deeper face too !
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
i wan, i wan, i wan.
Boso

8 MYGOLF
yes, taylormade is pretty cool in golf clircle, nice post!!!!
View user's profileFind all posts by BosoSend private messageVisit poster's website
Sponsor
zacknistelrooy

17 MYGOLF
Nice Smile Hopefully the price would also be great.
okwoon

367 MYGOLF
maybe TM ought to do the product launching of this Rocket... in Penang
laser

256 MYGOLF
okwoon wrote:
maybe TM ought to do the product launching of this Rocket... in Penang

can't imagine how lge will look like in the commercial hahaha or maybe they can have new tagline ... even ks in wheelchair also can teeoff 300yd LOL
Roneykannan

56 MYGOLF
Brian that's looks very impressive. Hope it work for me.
headhunter7

47 MYGOLF
Wonder if its released yet here, or if there's any shops that has a demo. Would seriously like to test the FW, all reviews says its LOOOOOONG
Sponsor
magic

2858 MYGOLF
if it is short, TM wont release it Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
headhunter7

47 MYGOLF
Haha but that's the normal every year new product +5 yards, but this, most of those who are mere mortals like us, are reporting that they are gaining significant distances. And I would like to try it off the deck. I know I can hit par 5s in two, but I just dont have the confidence in hitting my big bertha 3 wood on the fairway.
Golfprostew

5 MYGOLF
Hello all I'm a new member pls be gentle!

Has anyone hit these woods yet?

I tried the 3w stiff and 9.5 TP on a Trackman yesterday here were the results compared to my current equipment, the figures were based on what I felt was my best swing with each club:

Current Titleist 3W steel shaft 139 MPH ball Speed 199 metre carry
Rocketballz 3w Stiff Graphite 147mph ball speed and 214 carry!!

I really felt the ball explode off the face compared to my old stick but for me the club is too volatile, like a dog you know all day very friendly then one day bites your head off!

(The 3 woods in the RBZ are High CoR with some ppl getting faster ball speeds than their drivers which of course High CoR is not allowed)

My current Driver Titleist D2 10.5 Stiff ball speed 148 total distance 251m
Rocketballz 9.5 Stiff ball speed 155mph total distance 265m

Conclusion:

These woods are very very hot, I think they will make club of the year, the 3 wood is remarkable, for me I like a safety 3 wood so it was a bit too volatile but if you are after a distance 3 wood this is the club to go for.
I was more impressed by the driver, simply faster ball speeds off the face compared to my old one it felt a bit trampoline like but is within the rules.

51 MYGOLF
Tested the hybrid yesterday. All i can say is 'I want! I want! I want!!!!!'
Now have to start saving... after 30% discount $686.00 ... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Could someone explain to me what the different between this two "TaylorMade RocketBallz™ and RocketBallz Tour Drivers ". Looking at the spec at TM website, one have asian spec and another one only have global spec.
Sponsor
TaylorMade Introduces RocketBallz™ Driver and Tour Driver