Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 2225 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:53 am

Reply to topic Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Seri Selangor - A Rare Highlight
Lee36328

MYGOLF
My hate-hate (instead of love-hate) relationship with Seri Selangor continues.

I don't know why I let my single capper friends convince me to play there. They love it because they can take lots of money off their mid capper playmates. Me? I simply refuse to bet there.

Tweaked the swing one day before, and made the mistake of playing there the next day with the swing change.

So the old swing and new swing were gleefully fighting and switching around on me, playing havoc with my score.

Among the many lowlights however, a rare highlight stood out.

Hole 16 Par 4

It says 384m from blue tee. I used driver before and just overshot the dogleg into the OB on the right side. My mates all used wood to place it safely around the elbow of the dogleg. I was in the end of a miserable round and got fed up with playing safe. So I took out a driver, and said to myself, "The new swing had better come out now..." and aimed at the floodlights on the left side of the dogleg.

The ball sailed right over the floodlights, over the trees, and landed with 110m to go. Of course, since it was dogleg, I did not actually driver 274m, but that did not lessen the joy one bit. With rare pleasure, I said to my single capper friend as I dropped him off at his ball, "Sorry, but I got to take the cart to take my next shot." Rolling Eyes Wink

Of course, I proceeded to top my PW approach shot and the misery quickly resumed, but nonetheless, this highlight will stand out in memory.

(John 6:35 ESV)

Denmeister

MYGOLF
Bro Lee,
Hope u don't mind me offering my honest opinion...

I can safely say that the millions of hours that you logged in at the range has given you a very very veeeeerrrryyyy dependable swing that can make your game extremely enjoyable to you...... if you can accept it.

What I am saying is, don't keep on searching for the perfect swing. No one has it, not even the pro's. As amateurs, we just need to be able to hit a consistent flying shot that is somewhat on target most of the time, pitch and chip well and if putting is a strength, pars and bogeys will not be difficult.

You are a very dedicated golfer and all the people here know that. I can safely say that you will kick our butts on the course IF you learn to accept your swing and reinforce it into your subconscious.

If this acceptance is chosen, U can then focus on developing the crucial aspect of the game. Developing the feel for the short game and the putting.

I know of two JB swing "tinkerers" who has played the game for over 10 years. They are still pursuing the perfect swing. But their search does not equate to good scores on the course. Whenever they are at the range, they will always be working on something new and when they are on the course they will always be consciously talking out loud to themselves, "cork the wrist, keep it outside, straight left arm..... Etc etc" when they are in their stance.

If the shot was executed properly they will still say that it wasn't. If the result was not good, they will try another swing the next shot. From what I heard, this has been their SOP for their past 10 years. Still scoring mid 90s.

As Bob Rotella said , golf is not a game of perfect. Accept the result of your shot and move on to tackling how to get the next shot closer to the pin.
Sponsor
magic

MYGOLF
DenMeister, I played with Lee last week, and I would agreed that Lee already have a good swing. Like what you said, it is time for short game and putting. Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
The Road Not Taken
Lee36328

MYGOLF
DenMeister wrote:
Bro Lee,
Hope u don't mind me offering my honest opinion...

I can safely say that the millions of hours that you logged in at the range has given you a very very veeeeerrrryyyy dependable swing that can make your game extremely enjoyable to you...... if you can accept it.

What I am saying is, don't keep on searching for the perfect swing. No one has it, not even the pro's. As amateurs, we just need to be able to hit a consistent flying shot that is somewhat on target most of the time, pitch and chip well and if putting is a strength, pars and bogeys will not be difficult.

You are a very dedicated golfer and all the people here know that. I can safely say that you will kick our butts on the course IF you learn to accept your swing and reinforce it into your subconscious.

If this acceptance is chosen, U can then focus on developing the crucial aspect of the game. Developing the feel for the short game and the putting.

I know of two JB swing "tinkerers" who has played the game for over 10 years. They are still pursuing the perfect swing. But their search does not equate to good scores on the course. Whenever they are at the range, they will always be working on something new and when they are on the course they will always be consciously talking out loud to themselves, "cork the wrist, keep it outside, straight left arm..... Etc etc" when they are in their stance.

If the shot was executed properly they will still say that it wasn't. If the result was not good, they will try another swing the next shot. From what I heard, this has been their SOP for their past 10 years. Still scoring mid 90s.

As Bob Rotella said , golf is not a game of perfect. Accept the result of your shot and move on to tackling how to get the next shot closer to the pin.

Bro, I certainly welcome your opinion and your honesty.

I agree, if my goals were as you stated, then your conclusion would make perfect sense.

As it is, my sights are set elsewhere. Fear not, I am clear of the path I am taking.

Gems such as those from the good Dr Rotella only serve to underpin the need for the work I am doing. As does the all-too-common phenomena of your 90s shooting friends.

In due good time, all will become clear. You will then understand the approach I have taken.

I end with these well-chosen words.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

Meanwhile, keep watching this space, more improvements and discoveries are forthcoming!

Wink

Lee36328

MYGOLF
Magic wrote:
DenMeister, I played with Lee last week, and I would agreed that Lee already have a good swing. Like what you said, it is time for short game and putting. Smile

Why, thank you for the kind words, Magic.

But you're too kind, my swing was hardly good.

There was a fundamental flaw with it I have been trying to correct, fixed since a few days ago. It is smoother now.

Thank you for following the progress of my research. The work continues...

Sponsor
magic

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
Magic wrote:

There was a fundamental flaw with it I have been trying to correct, fixed since a few days ago. It is smoother now.

If you happen to be at Bukit Jalil golf club, let me know lar, I will demo you how the putting mirror could improve your putting alignment, as I promised to you during impian game Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Magic wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Magic wrote:

If you happen to be at Bukit Jalil golf club, let me know lar, I will demo you how the putting mirror could improve your putting alignment, as I promised to you during impian game Wink

Thanks. Am on the 56 deg wedge at the moment. Still to go, short irons, mid irons, long irons, wood, driver. So, quite a while before I move on to putter. Save the best for last. Wink

Denmeister

MYGOLF
Magic wrote:

Hi Magic,

From what I am reading, Bro Lee has already drawn out a secret plan to possibly rule the world!!! He will hold the governments of the world ransom of..... Wuhahahaha..... One Million Dollars!!!! (cue in Dr. Evil's laughter)

He may be getting ready to kick some serious pro butts one of these days. What do u think?

Bro Lee,
Am I warm?
The Pivot Revised - Efficient Impact
Lee36328

MYGOLF
DenMeister wrote:
Magic wrote:

Hi Magic,

From what I am reading, Bro Lee has already drawn out a secret plan to possibly rule the world!!! He will hold the governments of the world ransom of..... Wuhahahaha..... One Million Dollars!!!! (cue in Dr. Evil's laughter)

He may be getting ready to kick some serious pro butts one of these days. What do u think?

Bro Lee,
Am I warm?

What an imaginative conspiracy theory; you flatter me sir.

In truth, this golf thing is an interesting problem to study.

Just when I thought I've done everything I can to the swing based on all the information I can get my hands on, something new comes up and I find another yet another 10-15m. When I started, I could not imagine hitting the SW 100m, for example.

Lets see what I can get the 9i to do next.

The KKB Experience
Lee36328

MYGOLF
Recently played in KKB with whatever swing I had at the moment.

KKB, what a dump, yet somehow charming despite its flaws.

First of all, no caddies.

Secondly, lots of blind fairways, blind hazards and blind greens.

Thirdly, no marshals, except for someone on a bike which turned up when we got lost looking for the 'new' second 9.

Fourthly, built in the middle of a kampung area, and the kampung is still there.

Fifthly, which means, kampung boys will be bathing in their kampung stream, except that the stream is a water hazard. So your approach shot needs to clear both the water and the kids. I am not kidding.

But, buggy on the fairway, anywhere you like, even right up next to the green.

Which means, sixthly, the fairways are as hard as buggy tracks, waitaminute, buggy on the fairway, so the fairways ARE buggy tracks. So if you like to take divots, furgedaboudit.

And you should bring 3 inch nails instead of plastic or wooden tees, because you will be hammering your tees trying to get it to pierce the hard grounds. I eventually gave up, and teed of on a pile of leaves instead.

And your shots will roll. And roll. And roll. Right into the hidden water hazard I mentioned earlier.

Yet somehow, it was fun. A bit like poking a sleeping guard dog I imagine would also be somewhat fun. You have no idea what the next hole will bring. The landscape is sheer entertainment. I laughed at some the fairways and greens I am supposed to hit, carrying streams, ravines, and eventually, canyons. No joke, you don't want your approach to be short, or you are looking at a 10m chip. That's 10m VERTICALLY.

The clubhouse reminds me of a school canteen of a school that was already closed; it was desolate and deserted. And spooky. So, you want to go there in a big group.

Which explains why green fee was cheap, about 53 bucks for a Sat.

Would I do it again? With the driving time and jam and petrol and toll, the cheap green fee suddenly does not look so cheap anymore. For the sense of desolation and unkempt green, there's always Kinrara, much nearer. For landscape, Awana is better, and more cooling. So is Bukit Tinggi. And if I want to lose a ton of balls, there's always Seri Selangor, also cheap, and much nearer.

But if you have a group of two or three flights and want to drive out of town for a completely different experience, where your group basically takes over the entire golf course, this is an excellent choice.

To top it off, food in KKB town was excellent. We had fish (very good), curry wild boar, vege, tofu, claypot yam w meat and soup for 10 persons, and it worked out to be RM14 per person. Unbeatable value.

Oh, and best of all, I discovered I now have a pre-shot routine, and my favourite iron is the 4-iron.

Sponsor
Good ol Glenmarie
Lee36328

MYGOLF
And a few days later I played Glenmarie. It was like coming back to civilisation, what a contrast. Actually caddies! Hey, what do you know? What a nice change. And fairways you can actually take a divot on. And clubhouse which actually served food. And buggies which ran quietly on batteries instead of noisily on diesel, and I did not have to get out and push it uphill.

Yup, in KKB, the noisy diesel buggy gave up and I had to push it uphill more than once. Not so great for my golf swing, I can tell you that.

What a round in Glenmarie. Tee shot, just pick a club, any club, no issue. No more wild OB seeking, water seeking missiles. FINALLY. Approach shot, faithfully straight. AT LAST. Landed in bunker? Fried egg? No green to work with, or flag more than 10m away? No problem.

Driver? Love it like a new toy. 3 wood? Delicious. 4 iron? My new best friend.

Wait, how about that unforgiving Adams pro hybrid? Delivers on demand, got me on the green on a 193m par 3.

What about short game? Not bad, in fact, better than expected considering the lack of practice. Bunker shots were a revelation. How often do I practice bunker shots? Recently, zero. The pin-seeking shot from a plugged lie with no green to work on would stay in my memory a long time.

Putter.... ah, that was the exception. Have not touched it in a long while, and it showed in my numerous 3 putts. Kept trying to find a working stroke mid game, I even missed a couple of 4 footers.

Now, off to the shop to purchase a putting training aid. Laughing

rizalak
Don Committee (2011)

MYGOLF
eh taiko was thinking of the going to kkb for game b4 raya..... everything sounds good but the hard ground. So u wont recommend the course? wasn't so bad le 3 years ago

ashibr

MYGOLF
Lee36328 wrote:
And a few days later I played Glenmarie. It was like coming back to civilisation, what a contrast. Actually caddies! Hey, what do you know? What a nice change. And fairways you can actually take a divot on. And clubhouse which actually served food. And buggies which ran quietly on batteries instead of noisily on diesel, and I did not have to get out and push it uphill.

Yup, in KKB, the noisy diesel buggy gave up and I had to push it uphill more than once. Not so great for my golf swing, I can tell you that.

What a round in Glenmarie. Tee shot, just pick a club, any club, no issue. No more wild OB seeking, water seeking missiles. FINALLY. Approach shot, faithfully straight. AT LAST. Landed in bunker? Fried egg? No green to work with, or flag more than 10m away? No problem.

Driver? Love it like a new toy. 3 wood? Delicious. 4 iron? My new best friend.

Wait, how about that unforgiving Adams pro hybrid? Delivers on demand, got me on the green on a 193m par 3.

What about short game? Not bad, in fact, better than expected considering the lack of practice. Bunker shots were a revelation. How often do I practice bunker shots? Recently, zero. The pin-seeking shot from a plugged lie with no green to work on would stay in my memory a long time.

Putter.... ah, that was the exception. Have not touched it in a long while, and it showed in my numerous 3 putts. Kept trying to find a working stroke mid game, I even missed a couple of 4 footers.

Now, off to the shop to purchase a putting training aid. Laughing

I think I know why la... your body got tune-up at KKB - a hard training ground that produce excellent result....

so moral of the story...play more at KKB!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers!
frankie

MYGOLF
Bro lee , playin in small town course is like tat. Diesel buggy ,jungle ,unmaintain green/ fairway n etc, my side in raub 18 holes( i can vote d most unkeep green in pahang) is d same story but like bro ashbir say play more u get used 2 it.......welcome 2 comando style golfing Very Happy
Lee36328

MYGOLF
rizalak wrote:
eh taiko was thinking of the going to kkb for game b4 raya..... everything sounds good but the hard ground. So u wont recommend the course? wasn't so bad le 3 years ago

Bro, for people who like to take divots with their swing, the hard ground might be an issue.

If you go in a big group, and make your own fun, then it's ok, because you will feel like the whole course has been booked by you; there's not likely to be anybody else.

A downhill approach shot of 150m can be reached by anyone with an 8 iron, just aim it properly and watch it roll all the way to the green.

You'll hit the longest drive of your life there, the ground is so hard.

I was not exaggerating when I said use a steel nail as a tee, and bring a hammer as well. You'll need it at the tee box.

Sponsor
Lee algolfholic - 2017 Back With A Vengeance