Cameron Highlands Golf Club
Peti Surat 66, Tanah Rata
Cameron Highlands 39007 Pahang

Description: 18 Holes, 6,106m, par 71
Tel: 05 - 491 1126
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
My favourite golf course.

I started coming to Camerons when Chinese New Year and Hari Raya became very close to each other and hence all the Chinese shops and the Malay shops closed for the entire week - meaning no food to eat that week in KL.

The course is cheap - although it has been recently increased to Rm 40 for the whole day and RM 60 for the weekend. This means you can play 18 holes in the morning and another 18 holes after lunch. Its a walking course but the weather is so cool that my wife and I had no problem walking 36 holes. The caddies are young orang asli boys who are the same height as your golf bags but very tough. Don't come during the rainy season - Nov to Dec. But during CNY - its dry weather. Its much cooler than Awana. Imagine you need to wear a sweater if you tee off very early because its so chilly. The old nine is flat while the new nine is a little hilly. Its a cowgrass course.
Sponsor
YHL
Nagaria Captain (2010)

846 MYGOLF
Hey Gerald, you are Ipoh Mali right? Driving up to Cameron Highlands from Ipoh is so much nearer for you eh. I think it is only 65km. Me drove up there to play last week and suffered an almost 4 hours long drive going by the Simpang Pulai new route Sad I started my journey in KL at 5pm ended up reaching Brinchang town at 8.45pm. Foot hill to golf course took about 1 hour and 45 mins where I had to drive with extra care becoz of the winding road. So stressful to drive up lah.

I played the next morning at 8am. Loved the morning chilling wind. Not that cold actually. I was wearing my normal golf shirt only. Weather turned warm around 10am. So we got to enjoy 2 hours of cold weather only.

This month (July) is rainy season, so the golf course is very soggy. Not a good time to play now. At hole 16th, there was even a temporary pond on the fairway. Bunkers were filled with water also. I hated it when I had to walk through the mud. My golf shoes and clubs were dirty, not forgetting embedded balls and ball that's full of mud on it. Need more effort to clean our club and ball for every shot we played!!! Could not enjoy the game fully lah Sad

A word of advice though...for those who are not physically fit should engage the caddy to carry their golf bag as the golf course is not a flat one. Pulling the golf trolley uphill and downhill can be very tiring. I was so surprised to see some senior citizens from Japan pulling their golf trolley or carrying their own half set golf bag effortlessly. Hats off to them !!! During my game, saw about 4 flights of Japanese playing at the course. Mostly were couples and elderly too.

Golf course maintenance is bad here considering having us to find a walkable area to the next tee box becoz of the muddy walkway. There are also insufficient signages to lead us to the next tee box. But the green is fine. A little small though. Therefore, your approaching shots need to be neat and accurate. Golf course view is great I must say and that's the compliments besides the chilling morning wind. Layout is average. Not too difficult to play here except one hole that has split level green.

There is no proper shower room and clubhouse. I had to ask for extension of hotel check out time till 1.30pm so that I can have my shower in the hotel before heading back to KL.

Overall, playable course despite the sogginess. Can't complain much as they charged RM52.50 for 18 hole game (weekday). Caddy fee is RM30 and golf trolley rental is RM16 for 18 holes respectively. Will NOT return for golf unless I have a driver to drive me there lah Razz Driving down can be also dangerous as certain part of the hill is covered by clouds and you can't see the road at all.

Here are some photos of the golf course to share with you...

View user's profileFind all posts by YHLSend private messageVisit poster's website
Sunkist

103 MYGOLF
Played on 17th Aug Laughing ...rain on 16th Aug so the course was a little bit soggy... Shocked

All 18 holes with narrow fairway and undulating terrain.. very tricky Rolling Eyes ... have to play stategically... although most of the holes can "borrow" fairway "interest free".... there is undulating ground and hazard.... therefore better to keep the ball straight on the fairway... it is a relatively short course... Blue Tee Box (5.5 km only).... Par 5 (except 1) and Par 4 are short.. but all the Par 3 (except 1 = 118 m but actually more than 130 m) are long (with 1 Par 3 200+m and very hill.... hahahahaha).... Laughing

Narrow fairway... tricky and elevated green... and 90 degree dog leg (2 holes).... bunkers (1 short Par 4 = 310 m but with 2 "huge" bunkers just in front of the green...hahahaha... 2nd shot must be able to "sky high" to carry over the bunkers to be on.... and none of the green "hold" ball... hahahahaha.. another tricky feature.. therefore it is better to play short and let the ball run a bit...."lucky on".... but when it comes to "red flag"... must purchase the "Bola tarik wedge" from Patrick.. to over shot a bit and "tarik balik little bit - regretted didnt listen to Patrick and purchase that special wedge....hahahahahaha.... just kidding.. no offence... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I have more than 10 holes with 3 putts.. and 2 holes with 4 putts....some of the green are hidden behind trees and slope....hahahaha...should be able to have easy 2 on...but end up with hahahahahaha.... "Pai Sei Score" Embarassed .... very very interesting course overall....

By the way....the club house has been demolished and fenced up for the construction of new club house....well... everyone know lah.... the construction will need to go thru the tender committee...blar blar blar... and don't know whether the club house can be completed by year 2020???? No changing room lah.. no locker... no shower room....hahahahaha...

Already planned with friend for next outings to Cameron...should be in November:
1. Play 18 holes early morning 8am better... as before 8am.. the ground can be very wet and soggy.. and cool too...
2. Finish before 1pm... check in to hotel/apartment... shower... quick lunch....
3. Tee off again at 2:30pm....
4. Finish by 7pm... shower at hotel/apartment....then steam boat dinner..... with fresh vegetable and mushroom.....
5. Relaxing evening.... with friends and family....
6. Next day... family day... vegetable shopping and photographing session.... Idea Laughing

Driving back immediately after the game is really exhausting...... Shocked

Btw... dont be con by the breezing and cooling weather... and i was wearing short and didnt apply sun block.... both my legs were like fresh boiled prawn the next day.... reddish and painful... face didnt apply sun block too... but already "too thick skin".....hahahahaha... only become a bit "tanned".....hahahahaha..

OVerall a very good outings.....if mygolf.com can organize a outings there will be excellent fun... (not so soon lah... preferable after November 2008).... Rolling Eyes Question

Happy golfing....

235 MYGOLF
dear brp sunkist

really disapoit u this time the club house is completed and in use for nearly a month ....

kindly find my other posting as bleow :

http://www.mygolf.com.my/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3399&start=15

Hope u guys enjoy ur outing here b4 they increased their price ....

Cool --CSL
Sponsor
PFD888

198 MYGOLF
Is June good time to play there?
geraldsaw

633 MYGOLF
as usual did my cny golfing here. really enjoyable as the weather was colder then normal.

big news - the course will undergo renovation starting March, starting with one nine being closed. the club has been identified by the tourism ministry as an international tourist destination and the funds will be from the tourism ministry. currently the club has cow grass and serangoon grass for its greens.
okwoon

367 MYGOLF
geraldsaw wrote:
as usual did my cny golfing here. really enjoyable as the weather was colder then normal.

big news - the course will undergo renovation starting March, starting with one nine being closed. the club has been identified by the tourism ministry as an international tourist destination and the funds will be from the tourism ministry. currently the club has cow grass and serangoon grass for its greens.

hmmm, tourism ministry involved huh? Good news or bad news? Hope it is good news! Good bye
jasonaam

64 MYGOLF
There's a catch here when the club offers unlimited plays with 1 green fees.
I played there once thinking that I could play 2 rounds in 1 day.
However, after a round of up and down the hill, up and down the hill, up and down the hill.... you have enough golf for a day that you do not want to play anymore.

Irons: PING Rapture
Putter: PING G5i Craze
Home Club : Permaipura Golf & Country Club, Bedong, KEDAH
toekong

12 MYGOLF
Went to Cameron yesterday but not for golfing.. Too Bad.. Anyway, I think the goverment took over. The green fee is around RM 84 i think for weekends and about half that for weekdays. Caddy around Rm40 i think but not compulsory. And you can rent the trollies. Not sure about the The green and fairways, looking from outside is nice but like i say, judging from the outside. Planning to make a trip for golfing there around Mei when GF going to holiday. Anybody interested?

Irons: 4-P Mizuno MP63' Project X 5.0 Flighted
Wedges: CG15 58, Titleist Vokey 52, Vokey 60
Putter: Scotty Studio Select Fastback No. 15
Balls: Taylormade Penta
Sponsor
Cameron Highlands Golf
simivan

706 MYGOLF
This will be good news particularly for our friend Ralf from Germany.
Managed to call them up just now to check and confirmed that they have not started the upgrading works yet and have not closed 9 holes yet so is still 18 so you can go ahead with your Cameron plans on 21st.
It's not confirmed yet but they mentioned works may only start in April this year and I suspect one of the crony people (ytl) taking over the whole works (with all funds coming from us Joe Public as always) so better make full use of this public course as it may not remain public for long.
The club phone number is 05-4911126 in case anyone need.
Re: Cameron Highlands Golf
okwoon

367 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
This will be good news particularly for our friend Ralf from Germany.
Managed to call them up just now to check and confirmed that they have not started the upgrading works yet and have not closed 9 holes yet so is still 18 so you can go ahead with your Cameron plans on 21st.
It's not confirmed yet but they mentioned works may only start in April this year and I suspect one of the crony people (ytl) taking over the whole works (with all funds coming from us Joe Public as always) so better make full use of this public course as it may not remain public for long.
The club phone number is 05-4911126 in case anyone need.

guess you may be right about playing before "upgrading works" start. after that we gotta be careful about leaking roof, falling ceiling, cracking bridge, landsliding on the course, etc, etc.
frankie

93 MYGOLF
Hi all, just my small report on CH. i was there on 26th may 2011 4 a friendly match between raub happy golfer n cameron happy golfer. upgrading d course should start tis june n july. d course is well maintain but green is real fast ( silap hari bulan u will end up 4 putts!) there r few par 4 holes u can try 1 on if yr driver distance is around 230m. after upgrade there will be buggy service .from raub town 2 ch is thru sg koyan road is around 2 hours drive daytime.

Happy golfing 2 all! Very Happy
alajcleo

56 MYGOLF
What is the latest update? Intend to play during puasa month. Have they start their upgrading?

fcng31
Beginner

8 MYGOLF
Business is as usual during fasting month.
Weekend rate is RM84 for entire one day pass, meaning that you can play as many holes as you like or you could on the day.
Caddie is optional, chargeable at RM30 + tips at your discretion. No buggie is available.
All 18 holes are playable and there is no sign of closure of any 9 for renovation/upgrading.
View user's profileFind all posts by fcng31Send private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Sponsor
Cameron Highlands Golf Club