In total there are 441 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 441 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1775 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Reply to topic Club lost--how todo insurance claim

Club lost--how todo insurance claim
ST

884 MYGOLF
I was always very careful with my clubs....but last saturday when my ball landed in bunker,I was searching very available slot in the bag and unable to find my lob wedge.

So sad and think that I could have left it at home.......so when I got home,it was not there too...
Could have been lost on last Thursday , checked with the security lost and found area ,no one seem to return it.
So, my only option is to do insurance claim ....
Anybody have experience and would like to share on the process of claiming ....
hklam

175 MYGOLF
ST, you will need to inform the golf club registration office where you lose your lob wedge and get them to verify your lost via the claim form where you need to give details of your lob wedge, ie. brand, model, year purchased, cost, etc. You make the claim from your golf insurance (if you have one) or the insurance you purchased through the golf club when you register for the golf game.

Then it will be in the hands of the insurance company and its adjuster. You can probably work out something with the club to ensure you get suffficient monetary claim to purchase a replacement lob wedge.

Good luck!

hklam

Mizuno MP 64 4 Iron True Temper
Honma TW737 Forged 5 - PW NSP Modus Tour 105
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.08
Titleist Vokey SM5 60.08 M-Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport Limited Edition
Titleist Pro V or Pro V1x balls
Bag: Sun Mountain H2NO Staff Standbag
Sponsor
devil_corp

41 MYGOLF
Just to add on to hklam's very detailed account, you might be required to produce a receipt too. I lost two irons at Impian a few years back and the maximum claim was RM1,000.

hklam wrote:
ST, you will need to inform the golf club registration office where you lose your lob wedge and get them to verify your lost via the claim form where you need to give details of your lob wedge, ie. brand, model, year purchased, cost, etc. You make the claim from your golf insurance (if you have one) or the insurance you purchased through the golf club when you register for the golf game.

Then it will be in the hands of the insurance company and its adjuster. You can probably work out something with the club to ensure you get suffficient monetary claim to purchase a replacement lob wedge.

Good luck!

hklam
magic

2858 MYGOLF
devil_corp wrote:
Just to add on to hklam's very detailed account, you might be required to produce a receipt too. I lost two irons at Impian a few years back and the maximum claim was RM1,000.

hklam wrote:

Good luck!

hklam

Is it a must to show the receipt?
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
ST

884 MYGOLF
thank you guys in explaining the process of the claim.

i have submitted the form for claim...and yes they need the invoice(new purchased) ...and they will pay lesser than the original receipts amount.

And I was told they will calculate based on the market price and depreciation of the club.
Sponsor
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3540 MYGOLF
ST wrote:

i have submitted the form for claim...and yes they need the invoice(new purchased) ...and they will pay lesser than the original receipts amount.

And I was told they will calculate based on the market price and depreciation of the club.
They will pay according to current market value, which is for sure lower than your purchase price.

Best is to follow up with the golf club, it will take roughly a month plus.

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
ST

884 MYGOLF
gbrian wrote:
ST wrote:

They will pay according to current market value, which is for sure lower than your purchase price.

Best is to follow up with the golf club, it will take roughly a month plus.

thanks brian for the clarification.....
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Where did you played?
Usually at krpm the flight behind usually pick up and return.
Picked a few before.
ST

884 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Where did you played?
Usually at krpm the flight behind usually pick up and return.
Picked a few before.

I played at krp .... Unfortunately you were not in the flight behind mine Very Happy ... Actually I have list couple if hybrids and putter cover before
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Only walked on Monday after back from kuching Friday.
Thought the usual practice is walkers when pick up we wait if anyone from front flight come back to claim or ask marshal look for it or if the guy drop it really forgot then bring back and leave at the shower counter (always see a lot of covers towels water bottles etc but never clubs)
Don't think anyone hands to lost or found. Reception maybe.
Probably you were unlucky behind not regulars or could be non members.
Dropped a cover in kuching asked the greens keeper he found it made a point to bring it back to me.
Sponsor
ST

884 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
Only walked on Monday after back from kuching Friday.
Thought the usual practice is walkers when pick up we wait if anyone from front flight come back to claim or ask marshal look for it or if the guy drop it really forgot then bring back and leave at the shower counter (always see a lot of covers towels water bottles etc but never clubs)
Don't think anyone hands to lost or found. Reception maybe.
Probably you were unlucky behind not regulars or could be non members.
Dropped a cover in kuching asked the greens keeper he found it made a point to bring it back to me.

usually we would pass the clubs to the marshall or the owner if he remember and turn back look for the club.

club could be found by caddie,workers ,other golfers and even members...luckily it was the wedge, if putter or single piece of irons...then head ache oredi...
Insurance providers are to be carefully selected
jay_gome
Beginner

1 MYGOLF
Hi there,

I red the thread here below, it is very unfortunate that your clubs were stolen, but it happens sometimes. That's basically why it exists golf insurance plans, which personally I always purchase in order to protect my stuff and myself against anything that could occur.

I lived quite some time in the UK in another life, and I can tell that there the great majority of players have an insurance. They would basically use a golf insurance comparator (there are plenty actually, HelloSafe, ZoneQuote, etc.), and pick up the deal that best suits their expectations (in terms of price and cover).

I am note very sure if that kind of websites exists here in Malaysia... I guess it would be worth checking for you, if you want to change for a reliable provider.

Good luck with your claim though, insurers do not usually refund so easily. But that's how it is, you will make it eventually Very Happy

Take care,

Al
Club lost--how todo insurance claim