[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 2141 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Reply to topic Ilsas Recreational Golf Club

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
renegade

27 MYGOLF
fareed wrote:
abang rizalak

Please organize one of your famous lemon vs watermelon game at ILSAS ...

Thank you

Count me in Smile hehe..
laser

256 MYGOLF
Magic wrote:
wow, look so great! is it the Par 3?

Hahaha yeah it's the par3 sixth hole, before the only par5 7th.

>> kerawit ... frankly it's not getting more pretty ... just that the conditions were right for an image begging to be taken ...

haha that one was my instagram interpretation of a golden evening glow ... this one is what my friend calls the "hawaiian edit" which is closer to what I saw

>> fareed ... if u all organise a game there, count me in too Very Happy ... best if weekday ... less crowded ...
Sponsor
laser

256 MYGOLF
just to let y'all know that, till further notice, the course will be open on Tuesdays if it happens to be a public holiday

ie open xmas day next week

Last edited by laser on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
2013 calendar
laser

256 MYGOLF
FYI
generally closed to walk-ins up till about 2pm on these dates ... call En Rosli 012-3827475 to re-confirm
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Thanks for the info..
Sponsor
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Any flight that I could join this weekend Smile.. really need to practice my short game..
ILSAS
Dean5001
Beginner

4 MYGOLF
I played at UNITEN golf on 11Feb2013 and again on 23Feb2013. I found this course quite interesting. The best thing is that it is a walking course. Very good exercise indeed. I would love to visit this place again.

People there are friendly. You can just go there alone and find friends there. The food were quite okay and resonably priced. The green fees are still affortable...i just wish they could consider giving discount price for those aged above 50 years old.

Overall I am happy with this place. I intend to come here regularly ...good training for me and my son.

I just wish there are more such courses like this!

Din Very Happy Very Happy

My score average 98 to 115...and my handicap is 24. I wish I to be a better golfer and I hope to improve my game. I do not like betting and I play just mainly for exercise and fun.
I hope to meet new golf buddies along the way
View user's profileFind all posts by Dean5001Send private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
ILSAS
nitrox_golf

16 MYGOLF
I played here last week with a friend. Its a good training course. I agree, the people there are friendly and they dont mind playing with strangers. Course is reasonably maintained. Being a walking course, its very challenging (and tiring) walking up the hills.

Will definitely play there again.
rahimnm

17 MYGOLF
Well maintain course but distance markers i.e 50m, 100m and 150m are not there so have to play like a pro.
renegade

27 MYGOLF
Dean5001 and nitrox_golf,

Maybe next time can play with you. I always want to play there but tak de member la..
Sponsor
kdrocks
Beginner

1 MYGOLF
After 3 years hacking at driving ranges across klang valley, i finally hit the course for first time at ilsas.

Nothing much to add from what the other fellow forumers have said about this course however those are planning to play here for the first time, maybe can refer to what bro
Siv has posted earlier (dont know how to repost reply im typing this on aifon). Useful because i dont know my yardage. Can plan my attack next time im here.

There is also a very useful satellite image of the course posted by bro laser.

A word of caution before anyone looking up these posts if you are going to play here first time especially without any golfers whom had been here before. I only read about their posts after i played there today. Safe to say had i read about this place first, i might not have come)

However, having gone through 9 holes (yes, that much i can manage and leg cramps already climbing up the mountain 9th), i have not regretted it and cant wait to go again. However that is until i completely nurse myself to health completely. Jelly legs woo after those downhill uphill walks.

How to sum this up... It is a damn challenging course especially when first time hitting the course. But approach with open mind, the experience can be rewarding and fulfilling. And it serve a truckful lessonfs the next time. As of my score, i didnt bother keeping up with it. My mentor said just make sure you advance the ball and
keep it in play (that include taking drop after losing some heheh).

On last note, I dont know about the others however i feel this place is like miniaturized Augusta. Just my take on it.
catalzzy

11 MYGOLF
Hi,

Where is the golf course located at? i cant find any on the google maps

thanks
chzeesiong
Beginner

3 MYGOLF
catalzzy wrote:
Hi,

Where is the golf course located at? i cant find any on the google maps

thanks

It is located inside Uniten Bangi.
ilsas
fibecks7

12 MYGOLF
this is a good place to train....
once you can hit some pure shot, can take a handicap and play other good courses...
it's fun!

LAY IT UPPP!!
laser

256 MYGOLF
6years later & the old map I posted is now gone. Here's the link to a map I just did again - https://postimg.org/image/bk6z16cpf/

laser wrote:
welcome to uniten Siv!!! sorry la ... didn't they tell u tuesdays course closed? ur the guy with the moustache on monday? u enjoy the rambutan courtesy of hj jeffri ?

that's a pretty good description of the course ... i've been playing there a year now ... still struggling hahaha ... just add some comments from my perspective :

Hole #1 ... be quiet after you hit ur tee shot ... if it's heading in the general direction of the bamboo clumps L & R, you gotta listen for the "keroncong" music to know if it's gone into bamboo.

Hole #2 ... hook to left is OB ... better to be in bunkers than ob. Right no OB as stated but try to avoid getting into the trees right. the width of the fairway makes u lose ur guard

Hole #3 ... it's ok to be short la ... as long as ur not in the dreaded slopes and valley on the left... short right can be challenging 'cos ur flop has to clear tree canopy... remember there's OB line beyond & around the back of the green (on top of the back slope) ... chance to practise ur delicate flop here

Hole #4 ... Normal days, only 140-150m downhill. On competition days, the teebox is beyond the surau, near the fence bordering the TNB quarters ... distance approx 190+m & green is blind hahaha ... u can experience this teebox / different hole layout in the afternoons after the monthly medal game (normally sundays ... there's a schedule on the board)

Hole #5 ... 2nd hardest hole ... ob left & ob right hahaha ... second shot to get on can be challenging if the pin is tucked in the right hand side of the green ... fairway slopes left - be warned!!!!

Hole #6 ... this is our lubang biawak ... no monkeys la ... wat u been smoking??? 3rd hardest hole ... ob right ... water stretches from back to front, not left to right - be warned again hahaha ... can borrow elevated fairway on the left ... shots that hit the left banks greenside can be kicked all the way right towards the right side ob fence ... balls landing in drain on green left get free drop at front of green

Hole #7 ... index 1 ... ob right ... tee shot best played left side of that plateau to avoid the trees at the dogleg elbow ... 2 on is possible for long hitters if tee shot is placed well ... else 3 on also can par hahaha ... but the challenge is the approach shot which invariably will be a downhill lie shot to carry the pond (blecchhhhhhh)

Hole #8 ... index 18 ie easiest ... but make sure u dun go left la ... if not ob over the fence, your ball might end up next to the fence wall & cannot swing hahaha ... if tee shot goes to the elevated right side rough , and the pin is on upper tier right, challenge is how delicately u can chip or flop the ball

Hole #9 ... ob right ... hooked balls either ob beyond fence or lost in marsh left ... long hitters can get 1 on ... green slopes up front to back - so u know what the challenge is la

hth
Sponsor
Ilsas Recreational Golf Club