Most users ever online was 685 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Reply to topic Creamer, Tseng And Ashok Join Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia

Creamer, Tseng And Ashok Join Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
gbrian
Site Admin
Site Admin

3409 MYGOLF

Seven Swinging Sensations Invited To Unleash Their Drive At TPC Kuala Lumpur
Paula Creamer, Yani Tseng and Aditi Ashok join world-class line-up for nation’s biggest celebration of women’s golf at Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.

From left: Aditi Ashok, Yani Tseng and Paula Creamer.

Kuala Lumpur, 9 October 2017: Yani Tseng and Aditi Ashok are among seven players set to delight the galleries when they make their return to TPC Kuala Lumpur from 26– 29 October 2017, after accepting sponsor’s invitations to join the star-studded field at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.

One of the most prestigious talents ever to have graced the fairways, Tseng became Asia’s first ever World. No 1 when she ascended to the pinnacle of the game in 2011, a spot she monopolised for 109 consecutive weeks.

Yani Tseng

The Taiwanese sensation has a myriad of accolades to her name, including being the youngest player of either gender to amass five major victories, a feat she attained at the tender age of 22, and despite failing in recent years to match the dominance of her early years on Tour, continues to be among the most recognisable names in the sport.

‘’I’ve have some great memories from playing the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia and would like to thank the organisers for giving me the opportunity to return to what is among the most enjoyable stops on the LPGA Tour,’’ she commented.

Aditi Ashok may be yet to match Tseng’s long list of achievements but she has already risen to superstar status in her home country. The first Indian amateur to qualify for an LPGA event, Ashok achieved nationwide fame in a country where golf is still played by a select few when she teed it up at the Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro last year, and by doing so is thought to have inspired thousands of her fellow country women into the sport.

Aditi Ashok

The nineteen-year-old will be making her third appearance at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia, having debuted in 2015 after winning the National Qualifying tournament, and will be among the star attractions when the event gets underway on the East Course later this month.

Another Olympian looking to make her mark on the tournament is Malaysia’s No. 1 female golfer Kelly Tan. A three-time winner of the Malaysian Ladies Amateur Open, Tan’s career is intrinsically linked with the event, having been given her first introduction to the pro ranks via the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia’s esteemed development programme. She will be hoping that the support of the home fans will help rekindle what has so far been a disappointing season.

Tan said: ‘’This tournament has done so much to help my career, as well as women’s golf in Malaysia, and I can’t wait to be back competing on home soil. My season so far hasn’t been great, so I’m hoping that a return to Kuala Lumpur will help inspire me back to my best.’’

Ten-time LPGA winner Paula Creamer is also assured the warmest of welcomes when she returns to the capital. A long-time crowd favourite, the Pink Panther showed why she is among the most respected players in the game when she pulled off an inspired performance following a late-call up to the USA Solheim Cup squad this August, and will be hoping her resurgent form translates into a winning performance come championship Sunday.

Paula Creamer

Synonymous with her stylish pink outfits, Creamer is sure to be among the players tickled pink on the penultimate day of the action, as players and fans show their support for the tournament’s long term charitable partner, Cancer Research Malaysia.

South African Lee Ann Pace will be hoping to build upon a second place at the Andalucia Costa del Sol Open earlier this month, as she makes her return to the event, while American Alison Lee, the top ranked golfer in the world as an amateur, has also accepted a sponsor’s invite to compete in the tournament.

All eyes will be on Cheyenne Woods as she goes in pursuit of her first victory on the LPGA Tour. The twenty-seven-year-old is currently battling to regain her tour card for 2018, and will be hoping a return visit to one of the most popular spots on the LPGA Tour will be just what she needs to get her season back on track.

‘’That we are required to extend invites to Olympians, Solheim Cup players, and former World No. 1’s, demonstrates the depth of this year’s line-up,’’ said Steven Thielke, CEO of TPC Kuala Lumpur and Chairman of the Tournament Committee. ‘’We have again amassed a sensational field, and we can’t wait to see the world’s best golfers return for what is guaranteed to be an unmissable week, both on, and off, the course.’’

The sponsor’s exemptions will be joined by sixteen-year-old Natasha Andrea Oon, who outshone the rest of the field to win the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia National Qualifying tournament, as well as six more ‘Malaysian Angels’, who also secured their births through the qualifying framework.

~~~~~ENDS~~~~~

Irons: Saqra Forged INB-213CB (5-P)
Wedges: Grindworks Forged 86E-Grind ( 50 & 58 ), Titleist Vokey SM5 (54) M-Grind
Putter: TaylorMade Corza 72 Ghost Tour
Balls: Titleist ProV1, PRoV1x
Creamer, Tseng And Ashok Join Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia