[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 1614 on Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Reply to topic Golf in Jakarta

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
mr_mapley wrote:
Hi all,
Me and my buddies are planning a golf trip for 2 days to Royale Jakarta and Pondok Indah sometime March next year. Never played there before. Anybody can share experience for both? rates, etc.

Mr Mapley,

I played Royale about 2 years ago. Some golf website put it at no 3 after Nirwanaof Bali and Bintan Ria in the top10 list for Indonesian courses. Everything about the course is tip top. I found the course difficult, long and very hot there. In fact one of the caddies fainted after a few holes during our game and had to be taken off!! Book an early tee time a few days before the game as this course is very popular.

The package is about IDR 600k+ at least ( thats what we paid last time). I think there is a discount for mondays.

I have yet to play Pondok Indah.

Have an enjoyable trip. Once you arrive at the club and see the courses there you forget the Jakarta machets you have just gone thro'.

Again my 20 rupiahs
azri

206 MYGOLF
Came back from Jakarta last Saturday... it's indeed a satisfying experience playing golf there. The service is also an eye opener. The gang stayed in Mangga Dua, travelling time to Royale and PIK (pantai indah kapuk) not so bad. Just plan to go early as the traffic is pretty bad.

We played Royale first for a rate about IDR700+k and next day PIK 800+k. PIK was a bit more expensive due to Friday. Royale was really nice but tough course. The rough will make you cry, I guess it's a different type of grass that will just drain your energy. Better get in the sand rather than rough Crying or Very sad . The course is sooooo freaking hot and I can feel the sand trap literally like bbq pit when my I took my bunker shot. The green is slippery so a good touch is necessary. Needless to say my score was bad- probably too excited, underestimating the rough and didnt re-fuel... we didn't know that there are rest hut. We only found out the 3rd last hole. Will want to repeat Royale again... nevertheless 2 par here not too bad for high handicaper like me.

PIK wasn't as grand as Royale. We were joking when we arrived that "what the hell that the supir took us to bukit kemuning" Laughing ... Really because it's not so posh like Royale and looks like typical MY club - outside! But inside, the course is nice. It's next to the beach - quite far you cant see it. But you can feel the breeze and there are always wind. You can either walk or take buggy - of course we choose buggy hehehe. The course is inviting in sense that you can almost always see the flag from the tee box. You always feel like you want to smack the driver... but as usual it's guarded by bunkers/water. Maybe due to the experience at Royale, all of us played better. Scored my personal best 102. The last hole is a view - facing huge lake. The driving range is facing a lake - you whack the ball to the lake and you have islands as your distance marker -- talk about class man... And the range is also on grass.

Coming back from the course for both was a bit tiring due to Jakarta traffic. Nevertheless we enjoy it. PIK is easier to access, I think close proximity to highway.
Sponsor
SirAlf

114 MYGOLF
Thanks Azri for the feedbck esp for Royale,.. I am planing a trip there in Jan13 and Royale will be in my list.
Still wondering which other 2 courses to play.... Always on a look out for feedbacks from Jakarta,..

simivan

706 MYGOLF
SirAlf wrote:
Thanks Azri for the feedbck esp for Royale,.. I am planing a trip there in Jan13 and Royale will be in my list.
Still wondering which other 2 courses to play.... Always on a look out for feedbacks from Jakarta,..

If budget not so much an issue - try Rancamaya - check first if you planning walk in whether they allow without members sign in - if arrange from tour agaency should be ok I think.
mr_mapley
Beginner

3 MYGOLF
appreciate your thoughts bros. Will have to see whether Pondok Indah and/or Royale has any weekend promo in March. Friends mentioned they would probably have. Lil bit of savings spared is always good.

Not too sure on those golf package/tours offered are worth it. Our planned trip would be inclined towards free and easy golfing, taking our sweet time to appreciate the view Smile
Sponsor
mizunopro
Beginner

3 MYGOLF
Royale is the best so far overall, at least in my opinion. You can opt to tee-off at odd hours i.e. between 10.30 am - 12.00pm with a reduced green fee. Nice right?... after all you guys are tourist...golf in Jakarta is a whole day event, play leisurely. Enjoy your trip.
pksiew11
Beginner

2 MYGOLF
Hi everyone,

Any reasonable golf courses to recommend around Jakarta? say an hour's drive from city centre or airport?
golfer30

28 MYGOLF
pksiew11 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Any reasonable golf courses to recommend around Jakarta? say an hour's drive from city centre or airport?

Hey pksiew,

I havent revisited this thread for quite some time. I will offer my 2 cents but I am sure others have other ideas.

If you are a beginner (to Jakarta courses, I assume) as you say, try the not too difficult ones first. Try Rancamaya, Imperial, PIK, BSD, Bogor Raya and courses around Sentul City. Maybe dont try courses like Royale yet.

Have you gone for the trip ? Good time to go now as the IDR/RM rates are very good.

Happy golfing in Jakarta.
Golf
hschiew

74 MYGOLF
Anybody is or will be in Jakarta? Looking for people to play golf in Jakarta during weekends. I'll be there 1 Sept onwards for 3 weeks.
Re: Golf
fairuz27

17 MYGOLF
hschiew wrote:
Anybody is or will be in Jakarta? Looking for people to play golf in Jakarta during weekends. I'll be there 1 Sept onwards for 3 weeks.

Do check out the rates for weekend beforehand. Can be quite expensive.
Sponsor
hschiew

74 MYGOLF
will take note of that. Thanks Fairuz
simivan

706 MYGOLF
mr_mapley wrote:
Hi all,
Me and my buddies are planning a golf trip for 2 days to Royale Jakarta and Pondok Indah sometime March next year. Never played there before. Anybody can share experience for both? rates, etc.

I played both courses many years ago, can't remember the rates now but we booked a package through a golf tour company in KL who used their local Jakarta contacts for all the ground arrangements.
Royale is one of the top course in Jakarta where until one or two years back they held their European tour sanctioned Indonesian Open annually - very tough challenging course with very good fast greens - if you're distance-challenged like me better don't try playing off the Blue tees - Whites would be a better choice.
Pokok Indah is where they hold their open now if I'm not mistaken - possibly a bit easier if compared to Royale.
A very rough guess, you will probably be looking at not less than 250 for weekdays all-in and don't think about playing weekends.
When we went, we stayed near the China town area and our timing was good that when we went out in the morning for golf, we were against the flow of traffic and coming back was also the same case so we did not really experienced any bad traffic jams.
ahman
Naga Ria Vice-Captain (2009)

744 MYGOLF
hschiew wrote:
will take note of that. Thanks Fairuz

hschiew,

I play in Jakarta-bogor almost every month.. Razz

going this sunday... 4 of us...

sorry baru Nampak this post after 4 years tak bukak mygolf... Very Happy

Wedges: Vokey 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Ntah apa lupa
Ball: Titleist ProV1x
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
ahman, welcome back. bila mau ajar main golof, pak

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 19 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP18-MB DG R300
Wedges : Titties Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 57
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
i been to jakarta twice this year for golof. i think the courses be it royale, or bsd or pik, while the courses are nice (and the caddies too), the maintenance is still lagging behind bkk courses...
price wise, i think it's almost same same, but someone been telling me that bogor is a must go and cheaper than jakarta

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 19 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP18-MB DG R300
Wedges : Titties Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 57
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
Sponsor
Golf in Jakarta