Home Forum Register Search Usergroups Contact Form Log in  
Menu
Home
Forum
Calendar
User Groups
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Contact Us
User Block
Username:

Password:

 Remember me



I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Forum Search

Advanced Search
Google Search
Custom Search
Statistics
We have 6843 registered users
The newest registered user is moldovawomenjqu

Our users have posted a total of 107251 articles within 14034 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 247 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 247 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]


Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Home Driving Range

Home Driving Range
gordon042
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2012
Age: 37
Posts: 347
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
170 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
I have been toying with the idea of setting up a hitting net / cage within the compound of my house for a while now.

A kaki of mine fashioned a net / curtain in his verandah. So he would pull the net across his diy curtain railing, take out his small carpet mat and whack. Not as tidy though. I have also looked at hitting nets (with stands) available online but a decent one (including shipping) will cost upwards of RM500.00 Ouch!

Would love to hear feedback from other members or from those who have set up their own hitting net / cage at home.

_________________
Driver: Ping G410 - 10.5*
Fairway Wood : Taylormade M4 5w
Hybrid: Taylormade M3
Irons: PXG 0311 (5-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab No.7
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
View user's profileFind all posts by gordon042Send private message
Re: Home Driving Range
simivan
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Age: 63
Posts: 2406
Location: Kuching
706 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
gordon042 wrote:
I have been toying with the idea of setting up a hitting net / cage within the compound of my house for a while now.

A kaki of mine fashioned a net / curtain in his verandah. So he would pull the net across his diy curtain railing, take out his small carpet mat and whack. Not as tidy though. I have also looked at hitting nets (with stands) available online but a decent one (including shipping) will cost upwards of RM500.00 Ouch!

Would love to hear feedback from other members or from those who have set up their own hitting net / cage at home.

You could do like what those golf shops or retailers did in the olden days before trackman and all the other advanced technological gizmos came in.
Get a suitably sized piece of heavy canvas like those they use in lorries and make a cage thing with sturdy metal frames and hit all you want.
Many many moons ago I was staying in a shop above my office and used paper cartons lined against the wall and whacked balls into them - don't shank or hook can be quite messy.
View user's profileFind all posts by simivanSend private messageSend e-mail
Sponsor
gordon042
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2012
Age: 37
Posts: 347
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
170 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Yes, also considered the canvas with metal frames option. Will explore further all options. Don't think my family would be too impressed though Laughing

_________________
Driver: Ping G410 - 10.5*
Fairway Wood : Taylormade M4 5w
Hybrid: Taylormade M3
Irons: PXG 0311 (5-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab No.7
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
View user's profileFind all posts by gordon042Send private message
golfingfun
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 52
36 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
gordon042 wrote:
Yes, also considered the canvas with metal frames option. Will explore further all options. Don't think my family would be too impressed though Laughing


Bro, why don't go all the way. Set up a golf simulator with projector TV, flight scope (or the like) etc... Just don't forget to invite me to try after setting up. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
View user's profileFind all posts by golfingfunSend private message
gordon042
Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2012
Age: 37
Posts: 347
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
170 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
golfingfun wrote:
gordon042 wrote:
Yes, also considered the canvas with metal frames option. Will explore further all options. Don't think my family would be too impressed though Laughing


Bro, why don't go all the way. Set up a golf simulator with projector TV, flight scope (or the like) etc... Just don't forget to invite me to try after setting up. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


Bro the cost for such a set up involves too many zeroes hahaha Laughing Although I was having a serious look at the Dancing Dogg Optishot 2 simulator which is available on ebay for RM1.5k - RM2k. Manyak mahal!

Add on the net...pc...projector.. and I think I will be having 'golf ball' soup for a while. Laughing

Says here, http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/01/flightscope-xi-offers-a-portab.html that the budget model Flight Scope can be yours for a cool $2,500.00 Razz

Whereas this, http://www.precisionsportssim.com/products_trugolf_technique_professional.htm beauty of a simulator will only cost $12,995.00 Cool oh how I wish...

_________________
Driver: Ping G410 - 10.5*
Fairway Wood : Taylormade M4 5w
Hybrid: Taylormade M3
Irons: PXG 0311 (5-PW)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 - 50 / 56 / 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab No.7
Balls : Srixon Z-Star

"What's my handicap? Use to be my slice.. now I am fighting hooks!"

www.kaki-golf.blogspot.com
View user's profileFind all posts by gordon042Send private message
Sponsor
simivan
Senior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Age: 63
Posts: 2406
Location: Kuching
706 MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Get friends come and hit charge them 10 sen per ball.
View user's profileFind all posts by simivanSend private messageSend e-mail
Home Driving Range
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
All times are GMT + 8 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Calendar
<< October 2019 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Upcoming Events
None
Content © Malaysia Golfing Community
Maintained by gbrian © Mygolf.com.my