We have 6851 registered users
The newest registered user is TammyMoott

Our users have posted a total of 107351 articles within 14090 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 474 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 473 Guests

Registered Users: tonyj5

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 2141 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Reply to topic Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
simivan

706 MYGOLF
You should arrange and go for a trial round with the resident pro laser first or get the master (if his knees can hold up) to share some course management tips and strategy.
Unfortunately am back to work up north or can join in (seems like I know the course backwards)!
laser

256 MYGOLF
simivan wrote:
You should arrange and go for a trial round with the resident pro laser first or get the master (if his knees can hold up) to share some course management tips and strategy.
Unfortunately am back to work up north or can join in (seems like I know the course backwards)!

your knowledge of the course is superb! you should be the resident pro there, not me. haha nyc, me only a 23 hc. Normally try to do mon, wed, fri mornings. Can walk together for intro round if you want.
Sponsor
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Once I manage to sell off my krpm this probably would be the only option for walking whenever in kl as upm cannot walk 18.
Nyc2014

15 MYGOLF
Thanks a lot! Anyone got more information on PD korean season and UPM course? Membership, Green fees, buggy, walking golfer possible?
simivan

706 MYGOLF
1) First upm more or less a public course no membership except maybe staff
2) Very few walking courses available around and those that have only members allowed to walk. Upm still allow walking before 0900 weekdays and 9 holes only. So unless you willing to join or can join clubs like krpm Krtu kgns royal Selangor pd nilai springs staffield etc as a member, walking facilities quite limited. Uniten also one of the other exception. Royal kampung kuantan in Kuala Selangor another full 9 hole course is also a walking course but if don't have the Agssg or agn card forced to takeba caddy.
Upm is 30rm walk 9 holes I think.
3) By Korean season we mean the winter months that is now where planeloads of Koreans will flock here and some courses will be booked enbloc by them and some courses even members will have to hibernate over this period I.e no more golf. Courses to avoid like PD a famosa impian etc are some examples.
Feel free if need other info. Will try to assist.
Sponsor
simivan

706 MYGOLF
The other good thing about uniten besides travel distance is that even if walk in pay 30 or 20 if over 55 and can play whole day 72 holes even if you can.
surewin88my

133 MYGOLF
Since you play to 15 hcp, just my opinion. Dont try concentrate play on one course only. Try play as many course possible. If not you will call 'kampung champion'. once you play other course all type of challenge waiting for you to tackle. Any time will go back hcp 20 or more.

Iron : second hand Honma CL-505 blade 3-11
Wedge : Orlimer coil 60 degree
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 V - line
Ball : second hand Titleist Pro v1
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Maybe the key words here are cheap (less than 100) intensive play 2 months not so much beginner as a 15 even if playing a year or less will never be considered so in the golfing circle.
But also an excellent suggestion to play as many different courses as possible as each course present different approach and challenges.
Easily over 10 courses around klang valley below 100 weekdays.
Quite true if just only or mostly play one course when playing an unfamiliar one will find very different.
laser

256 MYGOLF
hmmmm something bug me. After filling my tummy, my brain start working a bit better. Beginner. 15 hcap. Most guys I know who are at 15 would have a membership somewhere to play oredi. Or playing regularly all over a variety of courses.

But this m'sian 15hcap "beginner" don't know much about courses around town??? If got membership already, won't be asking, right? hehehe really curious who this talented guy is

ps: Dato', fully agree with you! Lucky me not champion there ... so me not jaguh kampung hahahaha. btw have u all heard of Ervin Chang? upcoming m'sian junior ... played with him at uniten a few years ago when he was like 15 Razz
surewin88my

133 MYGOLF
Nyc2014 wrote:
Thanks a lot! Anyone got more information on PD korean season and UPM course? Membership, Green fees, buggy, walking golfer possible?

Just played last 2 day at PD golf club. Green at PGM standard , Fairway ok no plug but rough punishing. easyly lost ball in rough if not familiar with the course.
Havent seen any korean troop yet, started from second nine as first nine some walking flight with trolley mostly walked 9 hole.
I'm using TP voucher pay buggy only. weekday package around 100 per pax.

At hole 5 green and 6 tee box beware of snatch thief. dont leave your valuable/bag on the buggy.

Challenging course.!!

Iron : second hand Honma CL-505 blade 3-11
Wedge : Orlimer coil 60 degree
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 V - line
Ball : second hand Titleist Pro v1
Sponsor
simivan

706 MYGOLF
surewin88my wrote:
Nyc2014 wrote:

Just played last 2 day at PD golf club. Green at PGM standard , Fairway ok no plug but rough punishing. easyly lost ball in rough if not familiar with the course.
Havent seen any korean troop yet, started from second nine as first nine some walking flight with trolley mostly walked 9 hole.
I'm using TP voucher pay buggy only. weekday package around 100 per pax.

At hole 5 green and 6 tee box beware of snatch thief. dont leave your valuable/bag on the buggy.

Challenging course.!!

I've seen mostly retirees at PD and members go early in the morning to walk 9 holes.
The had a few tournaments there recently and have done up their greens to quite good conditions, very fast and no bite.
Nyc2014

15 MYGOLF
I've claimed myself as a beginner as I took lesson from 2 coaches before and been playing golf for about 2 yrs plus with a handicap of 15 and I don't think I'm good enough, meeting bottleneck now. Definitely not the 'talented player' like what laser said. I've been practicing almost everyday in public course in US as I've been working there for quite a while but I've never play in any courses in M'sia and yet do not own any membership. Only went to green around 63 times. That's why i'm looking for a course for me to have more green experience.

Just wondering if green like uniten, UPM .etc as mentioned in earlier post, is it just eligible to malaysian? What about foreigner? My thailand friend would like to join me in those course and will she be paying the same as me, as a malaysian? Do we need to show them ID before playing? Please assist. Thanks.
simivan

706 MYGOLF
Most courses in Malaysia do not "discriminate" against foreigners and only one rate for all so no need to show ic or passport.
In the past some courses do need to show proof of handicap but nowadays just show them the "ringgit". Krpm if no handicap or above 18 cannot play lakes have to play hills and have to play from whites.
Kgpa do enforce a higher rate for non Malaysians but can always register under a Malaysian sounding name and ask your friend not to go near the golf registration if look too "foreign".
Krtu need to leave ic or passport at entrance guardhouse as inside rmaf air base.
simivan

706 MYGOLF
We're having a farewell game this 23rd at Templer park (the Japanese one on the left - not perangsang which already closed shop) - now 2 flights welcomed to join - this is a very challenging course requiring very good course management and if not careful some holes may "eat" you and blow up your scores. Break 90 here for most is an achievement.
Good mix of players - few long hitters, one or two oldies chip and putt managers, some rusty ones playing occasionally maybe one or two beginners.
But Templer not cheap walk in is 175, with Agssg card is 132.50, if got the visa infinite card can play free pay buggy and caddy and insurance but call/arrange with visa/bank early. The rates include buggy and compulsory caddy and tips will be extras.
Not sure which day is lady's special offer which they used to have.
laser

256 MYGOLF
Nyc2014 wrote:
I've claimed myself as a beginner as I took lesson from 2 coaches before and been playing golf for about 2 yrs plus with a handicap of 15 and I don't think I'm good enough, meeting bottleneck now. Definitely not the 'talented player' like what laser said. I've been practicing almost everyday in public course in US as I've been working there for quite a while but I've never play in any courses in M'sia and yet do not own any membership. Only went to green around 63 times. That's why i'm looking for a course for me to have more green experience.

Just wondering if green like uniten, UPM .etc as mentioned in earlier post, is it just eligible to malaysian? What about foreigner? My thailand friend would like to join me in those course and will she be paying the same as me, as a malaysian? Do we need to show them ID before playing? Please assist. Thanks.

hahaha after reading Ivan's post mentioning ladies day, I should apologise for thinking you're a guy Embarassed

I'm sure you put in a lot of work "practicing almost everyday in public course in US" but not many ppl have the "ball sense" aka talent to progress to 15 in 2 years. Just take that as a compliment Cool

As Ivan said, no problem for foreigners at all. We have the odd African, American, European, Korean, Japanese visitors. Just pay and play. They don't ask for your h'cap card but everybody's expected to practise basic etiquette

Just so you're aware, most courses will charge you RM3-RM5 for insurance cover ... but not Uniten! You ought to arrange your own golfer's insurance to cover third party liability. I got mine at MSIG for RM85 p.a. after a walk-in customer 25% discount at their HQ in KL. Wherever you get your insurance, also check if it covers your own injury. If it doesn't, and the offending golfer doesn't own up, you gotta have personal accident insurance.

All the best!
Sponsor
Cheap golf course for beginner for intensive training!!