Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]

Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Custom Fitting Cost

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Custom Fitting Cost
Lee94

30 MYGOLF
Just curious, sifu-sifu that went for custom fitting etc, how much does it costs?

What about changing shafts etc, how much the fitter charges normally?

Tq!
Re: Custom Fitting Cost
magic

2858 MYGOLF
Marcus94 wrote:
Just curious, sifu-sifu that went for custom fitting etc, how much does it costs?

What about changing shafts etc, how much the fitter charges normally?

Tq!

depends what you shaft are you choosing for. Driver shaft can be from RM300 to RM1000. no definite answer.
iron shaft can range from RM90 to RM250
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sponsor
azri

206 MYGOLF
My experience it depends.. I did a flightscope session first to diagnose my swing - outcome was fix my swing first rather than equipment.. So I ordered a lesson.

After few months did another diagnostic and was recommended some fix

Each session was rm100 for an hour.. Was at monterez but now the place is closed.

After a year bought a new set, gone for fitting. Driver shaft + trackman + workmanship total up to rm900.. If memory serves me right. The irons total around 1k iI think for shaft + grip..

That's the ballpark.

If you want like minor 'surgery' - shorten shaft.. Swing weight.. It's less than 100..
Lee94

30 MYGOLF
Thank you for all your replies!

Hmm, it sounds quite expensive.

Is there situation where tests were carried out, and the player know what they need and find the shafts themselves.
(Cheaper aftermarket shafts)
Lee94

30 MYGOLF

Is there situation where tests were carried out, and the player know what they need and find the shafts themselves.
(Cheaper aftermarket shafts)?
Sponsor
magic

2858 MYGOLF
Marcus94 wrote:

(Cheaper aftermarket shafts)?

of cos you can do it that way. definitely the fitter will charge you higher on the consultation
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
klchong9357

29 MYGOLF
Maybe can go for a session on flightscope to determine our swing speed then from there we get consultation on the suitable shaft, then buy after market?
If not mistaken, flightscope is available in Kota damansara driving range at certain time and also in Bandar Utama golf club. Charge around RM80 to 100.

Hybrids: Mizunu H4
Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ (5-P)
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 AW SW LW
Putter: Cleveland Classic
Lee94

30 MYGOLF
klchong9357 wrote:
Maybe can go for a session on flightscope to determine our swing speed then from there we get consultation on the suitable shaft, then buy after market?
If not mistaken, flightscope is available in Kota damansara driving range at certain time and also in Bandar Utama golf club. Charge around RM80 to 100.

This sounds easier, and cheaper too haha.

Actually not that I'm willing to spend that much, just that I'm not aiming to be that 'pro', but at the same time wishing to improve abit by using the right shaft etc...
magic

2858 MYGOLF
klchong9357 wrote:

Chong, when the fitter is doing you a fitting with flight scope, it is not about the swing speed only. from the flight scope, it captured your launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, smash factor, ball flight, etc
every shaft will have it own characteristic in term of weight, kick point, flex, etc.

from there, they will determine what shaft and head are suitable to you. although with all the technology, it doesn't mean you can find the absolute right shaft, because this technology won't able to capture your "feel" . whatever capture in the system will assist fitter to narrow down the right range of shaft/club for you

you need to feel good and comfortable when you hold the club, look at it and swing it. therefore, sometimes it will take a few rounds for you fit the right club.
Lee94

30 MYGOLF
Magic wrote:
klchong9357 wrote:

Chong, when the fitter is doing you a fitting with flight scope, it is not about the swing speed only. from the flight scope, it captured your launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, smash factor, ball flight, etc
every shaft will have it own characteristic in term of weight, kick point, flex, etc.

from there, they will determine what shaft and head are suitable to you. although with all the technology, it doesn't mean you can find the absolute right shaft, because this technology won't able to capture your "feel" . whatever capture in the system will assist fitter to narrow down the right range of shaft/club for you

you need to feel good and comfortable when you hold the club, look at it and swing it. therefore, sometimes it will take a few rounds for you fit the right club.

Magic, really thanks for your input.

It seems like getting the right shaft is not easy. haha.
Sponsor
azri

206 MYGOLF
Exactly.. Fitting also avoids those trial and error purchase. Probably a better strategy that I did was I did the fitting when I changed new club. Total revamp with fitting. Already 2 years. Bought an out season clubs discounted (new) rremaining budget I spent on fitting. I would say best investment for my game besides investing in lesson. You'll be amazed the kind of details that the fitter provide you.. Hence I believe justify the price. Good luck buddy!
magic

2858 MYGOLF
Marcus94 wrote:

Marcus, it is a lengthy process.

this article will give you more in-depth about what fitting covering. Again, every fitter has his own opinion and experience, and also their preference.

http://www.golfwrx.com/255475/what-constitutes-a-truly-professional-club-fitting-analysis/
lil puppy

994 MYGOLF
better to go for someone who knows fitting than by trial and error. if it is that easy by looking at ss, spin rate, launch angle etc, then these fitters will be out of a job

Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 19 Deg Tour AD DI 105s
Irons : 4 - PW Mizuno MP18-MB DG R300
Wedges : Titties Vokey SM5 50, 54 & 57
Putter : Odyssey Versa #7
Lee94

30 MYGOLF
Magic wrote:
Marcus94 wrote:

this article will give you more in-depth about what fitting covering. Again, every fitter has his own opinion and experience, and also their preference.

http://www.golfwrx.com/255475/what-constitutes-a-truly-professional-club-fitting-analysis/

Gosh, so much info in this link and I couldn't understand much! haha
Ajim
Beginner

2 MYGOLF
Lee94 wrote:
Magic wrote:
Marcus94 wrote:

Gosh, so much info in this link and I couldn't understand much! haha

Swing analysis is quite cheap (My last was at KLGCC, think it was RM50), they do all your flightscope and all. After they checked your swing speed semua, then its up to youlah, to buy new shafts, or use existing shafts, potong shaft tak mahal (some tempat charge 20-35 ringgit per shaft cut), pasang weight pun tak mahal (puluh2 ringgit je). For a start custom fitting is all about shaft lenght and lie angle (which depends on your wrist to floor measurement).

After getting them clubs cut to your suitable lenght, time to hit grab some lessons first, build a proper swing, then go for the swing analysis to check out wahts the best shaft for you

Hope this help.

Money spend on your golfing education is a money well-spent, makes u a better player, money spend on your new driver is a waste if you cant swing right

Custom Fitting Cost