Home Forum Register Search Usergroups Contact Form Log in  
Menu
Home
Forum
Calendar
User Groups
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Contact Us
User Block
Username:

Password:

 Remember me



I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Forum Search

Advanced Search
Google Search
Custom Search
Statistics
We have 6769 registered users
The newest registered user is ThomasTenia

Our users have posted a total of 107124 articles within 13983 topics
Who is Online

In total there are 280 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 279 Guests

Registered Users: None

[ View complete list ]


Most users ever online was 926 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 am

Reply to topic Newbie in Town

Newbie in Town
SP|D3RMaN
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 19
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Hi guys and gals,
Let me introduce myself. Name's Adrian, 30ish of age, from Johor currently in Klang Valley.
Never hit a golf ball ever before till last week, 21st of May 2014.
Inherited an old golf set from my relative, and told myself, "Why Not?"
First time out, was nice, didn't realized how tough it was in this game.
Hopefully, I can last the distance.

By the way, practicing at driving range here in Guthrie, 5 min drive from my office.
Hope to know more people here that can give a pointer or two.
Cheers ~
View user's profileFind all posts by SP|D3RMaNSend private message
magic
Moderator

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Age: 40
Posts: 5958
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
go look for Aaron Ho, nickname Aho.

he is the taiko at Gutrie driving range. he can give you some advise
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sponsor
SP|D3RMaN
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 19
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Magic wrote:
go look for Aaron Ho, nickname Aho.

he is the taiko at Gutrie driving range. he can give you some advise

Is he the resident pro (not sure if it is the correct term) there?
I am also looking for a pro to give me some coaching lessons ...
Hehehe
View user's profileFind all posts by SP|D3RMaNSend private message
magic
Moderator

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Age: 40
Posts: 5958
Location: Puchong
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
SP|D3RMaN wrote:
Magic wrote:
go look for Aaron Ho, nickname Aho.

he is the taiko at Gutrie driving range. he can give you some advise

Is he the resident pro (not sure if it is the correct term) there?
I am also looking for a pro to give me some coaching lessons ...
Hehehe


He is an experienced golfer, not a pro. he can give you advise that who are those golf pro there.
View user's profileFind all posts by magicSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Aaron
Don Vice-Captain (2011)

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 328
Location: Shah Alam
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Magic wrote:
go look for Aaron Ho, nickname Aho.

he is the taiko at Gutrie driving range. he can give you some advise


Smile Smile Mike..thanks for the intro.. its like introducing a 34 22 34 beauty but turns out to be 22 34 22.. Embarassed Embarassed

Anyway SP|D3RMaN, look me up at the range on most Mondays, Tuesdays n Thursdays from 8pm onwards. U can recognized me by my Muira golf bag and come over and say HELLO. Will help u anyway I can..if you are patient enough to learn the fundamental basic of this "GILA" sport..

_________________
Driver - Yamaha Inpress X Classic
Irons - Miura Blades (Mamiya MP6) & Miura Wedges (GS85)
Putter - Nike METHOD CORE DRONE
Utility - Nike SQ2
Hybrid - Fourteen 4 HI610h T.S.
View user's profileFind all posts by AaronSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Sponsor
SP|D3RMaN
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 19
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Aaron wrote:
Anyway SP|D3RMaN, look me up at the range on most Mondays, Tuesdays n Thursdays from 8pm onwards. U can recognized me by my Muira golf bag and come over and say HELLO. Will help u anyway I can..if you are patient enough to learn the fundamental basic of this "GILA" sport..

Hi Aaron,
Thanks! Definately will drop by within that few days you mentioned above.
Cheers.
View user's profileFind all posts by SP|D3RMaNSend private message
SP|D3RMaN
Junior Member

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 19
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
Hi guys (and gals), how time flies.

With a bat of an eyelid, 3 months is passing.
Would like to thank Magic for introducing Aaron and thanks Aaron for constantly giving me a few pointers whenever we had the chance to meet.

After almost 3 months, i have started to understand the feel of 'compressing' the ball and hitting 'down' on the ball.
Was scooping the ball most of the time but at last, the past week i had the opportunity to compress the ball and i can tell you, the feeling was awesome. The trajectory was what i have seen many people doing and i am starting to have the same flight pattern.

Well, my iron9 is starting to pass 100m easily and hope to have more improvements in the coming weeks/months. Direction was still towards the right but should be able to fix that in a month or so.

Hoping that my full time work don't take up too much of my time Razz

Stay tune ..
View user's profileFind all posts by SP|D3RMaNSend private message
Aaron
Don Vice-Captain (2011)

Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 328
Location: Shah Alam
MYGOLF
Reply with quote
SP|D3RMaN wrote:
Hi guys (and gals), how time flies.

With a bat of an eyelid, 3 months is passing.
Would like to thank Magic for introducing Aaron and thanks Aaron for constantly giving me a few pointers whenever we had the chance to meet.

After almost 3 months, i have started to understand the feel of 'compressing' the ball and hitting 'down' on the ball.
Was scooping the ball most of the time but at last, the past week i had the opportunity to compress the ball and i can tell you, the feeling was awesome. The trajectory was what i have seen many people doing and i am starting to have the same flight pattern.

Well, my iron9 is starting to pass 100m easily and hope to have more improvements in the coming weeks/months. Direction was still towards the right but should be able to fix that in a month or so.

Hoping that my full time work don't take up too much of my time Razz

Stay tune ..


You r most welcome Adrian. Have not been seeing u at d range lately..too busy ar????

_________________
Driver - Yamaha Inpress X Classic
Irons - Miura Blades (Mamiya MP6) & Miura Wedges (GS85)
Putter - Nike METHOD CORE DRONE
Utility - Nike SQ2
Hybrid - Fourteen 4 HI610h T.S.
View user's profileFind all posts by AaronSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Newbie in Town
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
All times are GMT + 8 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Reply to topic  
Calendar
<< June 2019 >>
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30
Upcoming Events
None
Content © Malaysia Golfing Community
Maintained by gbrian © Mygolf.com.my